• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Video Game Thread. "Current Favorite Video Game"

#1 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:11 PM

I realize that there is a game section here, but not a lot of people visit it.

Anyone has a favorite game that they are currently playing and if so, please list them

For me, it is Muscle March for the Wiiware. The game is WTF crazy and is only for the manliness of men. Here is the trailer for the game:

US Trailer. Not as funny as the JPN trailer, but it is still funny:

The game is basically like the defunct Fox game show, "Hole in the wall." To play, you have to pose with the wii remote to fit into the hole

I am shocked that the game is E 10+ since surely the game should be Teens or mature esp with the sexual innuendo

Other than Muscle MArch, I am playing Mass Effect for the PC

#2 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:49 PM

I'm currently into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and Forza 3.

Forza 3 is probably the best racing game I've ever played. There's something like 400+ cars (everything from old muscle cars to Formula 1 style cars...pretty much any popular car you can think of over the last 50 years), and all of them are fully customizable from tuning, to engine upgrades, to paint schemes, etc, etc.

Here's a couple of cars that I painted:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyways...for anyone who's ever been even remotely interested in racing games, I suggest picking this one up. It's fun for people who are just casual gamers, as you can turn assists on to tone down the amount of control you have to play with to race well, to people who would consider themselves pro-racers when it comes to games. I can't stop playing it.

#3 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Because some days I just have a need.......a deep deep need to shoot things ( but not hurt anyone in the process).

#4 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

right now im playing

-modern warfare 2
-l4d2
-bioshock

#5 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, God of War Collection, and...New Super Marion Bros. Wii. (lol) That's some juxtaposition there, huh. Oh, and I finally beat Zuma on the PS3 the other night. FINALLY!! I love that game. It's a glorious waste of time...

#6 User is offline   Starscream49 

• 99% of toy collectors make the rest of us look like nerds.

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:05 PM

My game is Left 4 Dead 2 right now.

#7 User is offline   PhoenixSword 

• Hello darkness my old friend

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

Modern warfare 2 for me too. need to get some new stuff to play... anyone want to trade check out my thread lol
http://forums.toynew...owtopic=2070040

#8 User is offline   Capt.S.G.Wiseman 

• A cooler, calmer Captain.

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Batman: Arkham Asylum, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Saint's Row 2 are my tops games right now.

#9 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:35 AM

assassins creed 2 at the moment ...

#10 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

I've been busy lately but when I do play:
I just finished Shadow copmlex
Playing through the halo's with the wife.
Mw2 for me as well, a few you on my friends list: gamertag revsears if your not (360)

and trying to play through Fable 1. I gotta say fable II wasn't amazing (but the wife loved it) but fable I was is pretty darn horrible.

I'm about to get a new game and am torn between: L4D II, Dragon Age, or Mass effect. I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

#11 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:02 AM

i went from ps2 to 360 and only had it for a year now.

rev get l4d2 so we can play that too lol

#12 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

View PostNasburado, on 23 January 2010 - 03:55 AM, said:

I've been busy lately but when I do play:
I just finished Shadow copmlex
Playing through the halo's with the wife.
Mw2 for me as well, a few you on my friends list: gamertag revsears if your not (360)

and trying to play through Fable 1. I gotta say fable II wasn't amazing (but the wife loved it) but fable I was is pretty darn horrible.

I'm about to get a new game and am torn between: L4D II, Dragon Age, or Mass effect. I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

Having played on three of them on the PC, I have to say they are all great. You can probably get Mass Effect for five bucks whereas over 30+ each for the other two. L4d II is pretty much like the original but with added tweaks. Da and ME are similar in game format though DQ plays like your typical RPG (think WOW but with the power to pause the game to mutlitask during battles) whereas ME, with the same pausing power, relationship feature, and similar dialogue tree, is obviously a third person shooter.

#13 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:52 PM

I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

You aren't missing much for not having a ps3 considering that the two system has basically almost the same library of games. It really depends if you want to play the good PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain

I have a PS3 for over 3 years, but recently gotten the wii. Because I currently prefer playin arcade-like games that doesn't take a long time to pass, I prefer the wii. It isn't to say the ps3 is bad, but the games on that system (and the 360) are typically "epic" in that they take more than a couple of minutes to pass. I am sure if I have the 360 instead, I would feel the same way.

#14 User is offline   PhoenixSword 

• Hello darkness my old friend

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

theres a pretty great library of arcade games on the 360

rev, out of all 3 of those games listed i'd say you'd get the most for you money with mass effect. (plus the new ones coming out soon so you could play them back to back if you'd want)

#15 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

i got mass efect for 10 cucks new.
i want a ps3 just for the bluray specs

#16 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

View PostDoom Saber, on 23 January 2010 - 12:52 PM, said:

I've only had a 360 for a few months (and i never had a ps3, or ps2, or xbox :o ) so i'm really behind.

You aren't missing much for not having a ps3 considering that the two system has basically almost the same library of games. It really depends if you want to play the good PS3 exclusives like Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain

I have a PS3 for over 3 years, but recently gotten the wii. Because I currently prefer playin arcade-like games that doesn't take a long time to pass, I prefer the wii. It isn't to say the ps3 is bad, but the games on that system (and the 360) are typically "epic" in that they take more than a couple of minutes to pass. I am sure if I have the 360 instead, I would feel the same way.

I'd have to say the 360 is better than PS3. Mostly, because everyone I know has one, and Xbox Live is awesome...Netflix...Zune...there's just a ton of online options with Xbox Live. Also, because Xbox has Gears of War (even though the second one sucked, IMO...let's hope the 3rd installment will be as good as the first) and Forza 3.

You can't really compare the Wii to the other systems as it's in a category of it's own. I can tell you, however, that the wife and I have had many fun, drunken, nights with our friends playing both Wii Sports games, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and games like Mario Party.

#17 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:06 AM

I agree the PS3 is a joke. I am all about the Xbox 360! And I don't care for the Wii much and that saddens me as a die hard Nintendo fan boy since I was a wee Draven. @grumpy@ Anyway just beat GI JOE ROC a few days back and now am playing through Tomb Raider Ani for the 360 I snagged for $5 at Target. I usually only play one game at a time. May hit Mass Effect or finally try and play Zelda on my wii.... only took me 2 years almost to finish Mario Galaxy @loll@
Draven

#18 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock

Posted 24 January 2010 - 03:49 AM

i got half my games (some not even open yet) for under 10 bucks at target....i beat them fast but I go back and play them again to get the achievments so i get stuck on game till i get them....or quit.

#19 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:27 AM

View Postjjlecaros, on 23 January 2010 - 09:21 PM, said:

Bluray players have come down in price so much, you're better off just buying a player in the $150-$250 range instead of shelling out $300+ for a PS3 if you already have an Xbox.

#20 User is offline   spystreak 

• Megatron

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

bioshock and killzone 2

#21 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

View PostDarthJoe, on 24 January 2010 - 11:27 AM, said:

Bluray players have come down in price so much, you're better off just buying a player in the $150-$250 range instead of shelling out $300+ for a PS3 if you already have an Xbox.

yeah but the ps3 is still the best player on the market. i was tempted to on black friday to get one for 300 its had 2 games and 2 movies and the dvd remote.

#22 User is offline   EvilHayato 

• Shun Goku Satsu Master

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

I just started up spider man web of shadows on the 360 and have been playing Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles on the Wii. I want muscle march as it looks hilarious for a random drinking game with friends. How much is it on wii ware? that would be the first wiiware game i would be buying interestingly enough.

#23 User is offline   FlyingFigg 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV I know it's a year and change old but it's new to me.

Very good game BTW.

#24 User is offline   Lord Amron 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 24 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

Darksiders has got me hooked. I thought I would be done in time for Mass Effect 2....this game is much deeper and addictive than I imagined. Anyone on the fench about this should give it a try.

#25 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

View Postjjlecaros, on 24 January 2010 - 04:17 PM, said:

View PostDarthJoe, on 24 January 2010 - 11:27 AM, said:

yeah but the ps3 is still the best player on the market. i was tempted to on black friday to get one for 300 its had 2 games and 2 movies and the dvd remote.

I'm not sure about that.

I know in the past there were some arguments against the PS3 Blu Ray because of the way it handled audio output. Not sure if they have corrected this recently or not.

Share this topic:

• 118 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us