Ask your questions for Mattel's January Q&A Round

JayC

I am making a thread here so they are in one place as opposed to the other line specific areas of the forums. We have to have questions in by December 15th and should have answers back on or around January 1, 2010.

Ask questions for all the Mattel lines such as DC, MOTUC, Ghostbusters, Avatar & WWE. We will select 5 questions to be sent in.

Update: We are now taking questions to send in on February 1 to get answers back on by Feb 15.

I speak for the many Canadian friends we have on the boards. Why do people in Canada get their items from mattycollector.com so slowly. I have read reports of items not arriving for 1 or even 2 months after the order was placed. Is their a problem that digital river has with Canada in terms of shipping, perhaps an issue with customs.

Concerning DCUC:

Certain characters tend to beg for the "Horse and Rider" treatment.

Has Mattel considered doing a series where characters come with various mounts?

For Example:

Shining Knight with Winged Victory?

Bat Hombre with Horse?

Aquaman with Seahorse?

Aqualad with Seahorse?

• 2 weeks later...

i have the question of questions. where in everything that is good and pure, where is the dcuc

batmobil??????????????

it is not fair. every batman line got one. really every line but not the great dcuc line. why? i even think that this is the most completed batman line out there. sure a lot of villains are missing but we get a killer moth figure. so, they will come in time. where is that ultimate car, that everyone on this planet knows?

Is it possible for both the JLU Batman Beyond and the Cheetah 3-pack to be sold at Matty.com? Or will these be re-leased in another Target case assortment?

I would just like to know if Ghostbuster's Egon Spengler will be re-released in any form, whether as originally released, unslimed, or w/o slimer. Since it started as a SDCC exclusive, it sold out before I knew it was up. I'd really appreciate finding this out

I would just like to know if Ghostbuster's Egon Spengler will be re-released in any form, whether as originally released, unslimed, or w/o slimer. Since it started as a SDCC exclusive, it sold out before I knew it was up. I'd really appreciate finding this out
Mattel has said they will do a not-slimed Egon with his PKE meter instead of Slimer. I think if we ever get another Slimer, he won't be translucent again.

Check out the Ghostbusters Forum's "What We Know So Far" thread for all your Ghostbuster information needs!

Dear Mattel,

With the rumor that Power Girl will be reissued in the secondary line of DCU (world's greatest, i think), will this set a precident for reissuing sought after exclusives, such as wave 5 walmart wave, and how would you handle a re release? As another exclusive, with different color scheme or different packaging? Secondly, Would you consider re-releasing sought after baf pieces or make the baf figures available in some other form? I still have a headless giganta.

regards

Joshua

Does Mattel have the license for The Last Airbender movie and if so, when can we expect to see previews of the figures from that movie?

Will Mattel ever offer any of The Last Airbender toys on Matty Collector whether from the movie or the cartoon?

• 3 weeks later...

i can not believe it. a company who actualy answers fans questions. great. well thanks mattel and toynewsi for doing this. i have a little complaint do. i asked if they will put some other figs from the avatar line on matty? i will try again.

is there a chance that we will get the other figures from avatar like

- grace augustin

- norm spellman

- trudy

- eytukan

on mattycollector? the thing is that the figs did not show up in any toyshop around here. i asked them all and most did not even know what i am talking about. i dont realy wanna go the ebay route but if they dont come to matty then i have not other choice.

here are some other questions

WWE

are you going to sell wwe figs on matty?

are there going to be sdcc exclusive fig of wwe?

are you doing in scale rings for the wwe line?

is there a chance for a classic line? bret hart, mr perfect, bulldog, hogan, warrior and maybe macho man?

DCUC

is the wave 12 of dcuc coming to matty?

do you any plans for some black lanterns?

or other colors?

did you ever consider green lantern for a line of his own? i mean it is always supes and bats but i have a feeling that green lantern could be good for it.

batmobil? come on. i can not stop asking for this:P

MOTUC

love the stands for the line, are you doing some with the colors of snake mountain?

is there a chance for a snake armor he-man? classic style for sure.

GHOSTBUSTERS

when are we getting some actual ghosts? slimer is ok but we get peck before any other ghost.

are you rereleasing the the house that came out back in the days?

since a third movie is a go, have you got the license for it?

is ecto-1 finaly coming? you said maybe when a movie hits.

MOVIE MASTERS

are there more figures planned after the two-face figure? gordon? ducard?

how about a michael keaton batman? 6insh

how about a reeves superman? 6insh

thats it for now. mattel you realy made my wallet cry. thanks for being there for the fans. i love all of you figs. go on like you do. cant wait for toyfare to see more. the wwe line is way better then what we had before. motuc has become my favorite line. ghostbusters is a must have classic. i loved that you did 6 insh batman movie figs. dcuc became the only superhero figures i wanna have. i dont even know who most of them are but it is nice to learn about them. all in all, way to go.

Those were some good answers. They didn't even use the upcoming Toy Fair as an excuse to withhold information (looks at Hasbro).

I have some for next time.

Ghostbusters:

1) Why were the proton guns on the 6" figures made out of the same soft plastic as the power cable that connects it to the proton pack? It was very disappointing and made me lose interest in the Ghostbusters toy line.

2) While it is good that the movie Ghostbusters are finally action figures, I have a greater nostalgia for The Real Ghostbusters cartoon. Will Mattel make new action figures of The Real Ghostbusters?

Hi,

I was just wondering has there been any discussion on selling accessory and weapon packs for the DCIH on mattycollector.com? To me, I am a little aggravated that my Bat-family has no accessories and weapons to make them complete, I mean a few batarangs would make my day, along with a mace for Hawkman! Also any plans on making female characters with open hands? Like I said with the Bat-family, Catwoman and Wonder Woman desperately need a whip and golden lasso (respectively) to make them complete and open hands so that they can hold them. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

MotU:

With the continued sell-outs of main characters (like He-Man and Skeletor), has there been any though of doing 2 packs? These would allow fans who seem to still miss out on these popular characters to get them in one shot while still retain any collectibilty the single carded figures may have.

Dear Hasbro, as a collector I do my "toy run" at least once a week and have about a half dozen stores I regularly hit which includes Target, Toys R Us and Walmart. I can say without exaggeration that lately, on every single trip I will find multiple DC Universe toys that have had parts stolen from the package - at least one at almost every store (the exception being TRU which hasn't restocked since before Christmas). Does this information from retailers get back to you and if so has there been thought given to ways to combat this theft? Now that Digital River is running more smoothly, you have a shipping resource. Would it be possible to go to a mail-in set up for the Collect/Connects that allowed simply sending in UPCs that perhaps weren't character specific? Maybe I just have one sleazeball in my area and this is not as rampant as it seems, but reports on the forums seem to indicate it's happening in other places as well.

My question would be in regards to the DCUC line. The DCUC Wal-Mart exclusives like the Joker and the Atom (Ray Palmer) were not available in Canadian Wal-Mart stores....Is there any chance seeing them released in a future series as an All-Star like Superman & Batman have ?

With Battle Cat slated for release in February and rumors of Panthor also being released, has Mattel given consideration to giving the DC Universe Classics the same treatement?

e.g. Shining Knight w/ Victory, Jonah Hex w/ Horse, Aqualad w/ Seahorse or even Bat Hombre w/ Horse.

In past Q&As, Matty has stated that until Swamp Thing makes a return to the DC Universe, he won't be getting a spot in the DC Universe Classics lineup. Swampy recently appeared in Action Comics #884 (which as you know, is as 'DC' a title as there is). Does this mean he is now 'on the table' again?