Con Exclusive? or Fan Made Project?

HissCommander

Pics of these guys have been floating around ACToys lately.

Rumor has it these are some sort of con exclusive. who knows?

The only lead i have is someone who was able to speak with the person who originaly posted these pics. Its not much, but from what a gather said person doesnt deal with customs and other garbage. He only posts legit items.

I also asked if these things have anything to do with those Storm Shadows that popped up, and was told these have absolutely nothing to do with them.

Not much, but thats all i got.

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=350999

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=351547

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewt...p;sk=t&sd=a

post-20224-1239576800_thumb.jpg

post-20224-1239576840_thumb.jpg

post-20224-1239576846_thumb.jpg

post-20224-1239576853_thumb.jpg

Can you provide some further information to back up your claims???

KIDDING!! Since so many people took offense last time.

As to these HISS tanks, I can only think of 3 things off the top of my head.

1) Some sort of Sky Patrol reissue, using a HISS instead. (pretty unlikely)

2) Some auction recently had a bunch Storm Shadows in both gold and silver versions with vac metal paint. This could be related to that, meaning that it may well be a convention exclusive. Although I don't know how that would play against the rumoured Red Shadows idea for this year's convention set.

3) Some "lunch time" special that is going to start popping up on Ebay soon.

The thing that throws everything into question is the pic with the roughly 40 assembled HISSes. That is very unusual if they were "lifted" from a production line.

Can you provide some further information to back up your claims???

KIDDING!! Since so many people took offense last time.

As to these HISS tanks, I can only think of 3 things off the top of my head.

2) Some auction recently had a bunch Storm Shadows in both gold and silver versions with vac metal paint. This could be related to that, meaning that it may well be a convention exclusive. Although I don't know how that would play against the rumoured Red Shadows idea for this year's convention set.

The thing that throws everything into question is the pic with the roughly 40 assembled HISSes. That is very unusual if they were "lifted" from a production line.

The only lead i have is someone who was able to speak with the person who originaly posted these pics. Its not much, but from what a gather said person doesnt deal with customs and other garbage. He only posts legit items.

I also asked if these things have anything to do with those Storm Shadows that popped up, and was told these have absolutely nothing to do with them.

Not much, but thats all i got.

Like you said, the assembly of 40+ tanks makes me scratch my head. Thats A LOT of work to do for just a fan made project.

See I think of it the other way HissCommander.

I can't see someone getting out the door with that many HISS tanks, but I could see someone doing them as a limited run to sell on Ebay. Much like they do with a lot of TF product.

However I did think of one other thing. This could very well be an SDCC exclusive?.?. Maybe some sort of special anniversary exclusive?.

Just another guess.

See I think of it the other way HissCommander.

I can't see someone getting out the door with that many HISS tanks, but I could see someone doing them as a limited run to sell on Ebay. Much like they do with a lot of TF product.

However I did think of one other thing. This could very well be an SDCC exclusive?.?. Maybe some sort of special anniversary exclusive?.

Just another guess.

Yeah, i have no idea man. The thing that has been brought up the most to me is they are some sort of exclusive. Getting legit answers is tough, as you have to swim through a sea of B.S. before you find anything.

I'm starting to feel all hissed out. Not sure I'm ready to be "con'ed" into buying ANOTHER? ^_^

they are going to have a comic to tell the whole thing.

I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for that one...

This is just going to lead to all the joes being re-released with Ray-Ban accessories. Oh yeah, and a whole new COBRA cadre - Window Vipers!