• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Combat Heroes Rise of Cobra CC *SPOILERS*

#1 User is offline   RedFive 

• Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

This was found on an ebay action. The seller was from Honk Kong.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   penachoy 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Thats cobra commander? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   TMNTFAN85 

• Battle Droid

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

View Postpenachoy, on Feb 11 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

YESSSS!!!!! - This isn't your 80's cobra, this is a new (and improved) cobra commander. i bet this guy's gonna be freaking creepy and awsome! while you joe fan whine and say it sucks i'm gonna sit back and enjoy MY GI Joe movie. #US1#

#4 User is offline   thetruth1013 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

I honestly was giving this movie a chance.. this I hope to god is fake.. i really do..

#5 User is offline   TMNTFAN85 

• Battle Droid

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

nope its true. lol *gives you a tissue* you fanboys are so silly. crying over changes

#6 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

• With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Lame.......but not really surprised with the way things have been going.

#7 User is offline   Card 

• Shhhhhh...its a secret!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

Man, the easiest character to translate after Snake Eyes and we get this. All they had to do was throw a loose mask over a guys face and call it good. CC is iconic, and we get this breath mask thing. Oh well I will hold out hope he wears a mask over this.

#8 User is offline   wolverine2281 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

That looks nothing like Joesph Gordon-Levitt :P

#9 User is offline   Roadpigmaster 

• Andorian

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

It looks different from the original, but as I remember Hasbro made lot of variations of CC, for example de Cobra Commander with Battle Armor and CC of the 90s, the one part of the Space Cobra team...

So I don't think is a disgrace for the GI Joe universe, Hopefully the video game is going to come with some exclusive unlockables like skins of the original Joes and Cobras... I can't wait for the video game!!! It's been a loooooooooooong time since I played a GI JOE video game, the last one was the Arcade version witch was the best of all.

#10 User is offline   RockSteady 

• Snakeman

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

The looks kinda growing on me. But I still wish they used the hood look. That was always cool looking. Oh well. Hopefully the movie will be good.

#11 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:50 PM

View PostCLAM34, on Feb 12 2009, 08:19 AM, said:

View PostTMNTFAN85, on Feb 11 2009, 12:51 PM, said:

YESSSS!!!!! - This isn't your 80's cobra, this is a new (and improved) cobra commander. i bet this guy's gonna be freaking creepy and awsome! while you joe fan whine and say it sucks i'm gonna sit back and enjoy MY GI Joe movie. #US1#

you. are. a . troll

But he's got a point too.
The whining and screeching of the fanboys will reach such a fever pitch over this that.........well, the harmonics of it should breach dimensional barriers and shunt them all haphazardly across existence, never to be seen again.

Aaah, if only.....

#12 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:48 PM

View PostARROW, on Feb 12 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

The whining and screeching of the fanboys will reach such a fever pitch over this

I tend to agree. And it's still a long time til the movie actually comes out. I'm trying to cut way back on my movie complaining but this is one redesign that is tough to take.

#13 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:53 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on Feb 12 2009, 01:48 PM, said:

View PostARROW, on Feb 12 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

The whining and screeching of the fanboys will reach such a fever pitch over this

I tend to agree. And it's still a long time til the movie actually comes out. I'm trying to cut way back on my movie complaining but this is one redesign that is tough to take.

They could dress him in a hood as a prelude to the reveal of this get-up.

#14 User is offline   Cyberscream 

• Mouser

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

Movie Megatron looked better if you ask me. But this does look fine.

#15 User is offline   hoganvibe 

• Snakeman

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

It's hard to say whether this is good or not. For one, we don't know if this is how he looks through the entire movie. Two, a cute/squished version is never a good representation. Three... Ripcord is WAY off

#16 User is offline   Roadpigmaster 

• Andorian

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:45 PM

View PostARROW, on Feb 12 2009, 01:50 PM, said:

View PostCLAM34, on Feb 12 2009, 08:19 AM, said:

View PostTMNTFAN85, on Feb 11 2009, 12:51 PM, said:

you. are. a . troll

But he's got a point too.
The whining and screeching of the fanboys will reach such a fever pitch over this that.........well, the harmonics of it should breach dimensional barriers and shunt them all haphazardly across existence, never to be seen again.

Aaah, if only.....

Ultimate Warrior...

#17 User is offline   leonardo 

• Warrior of the Forgotten Sewers

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

I don't understand why people who like the design can't just like it but feel the need to attack others. TMNTfan85 is wrong here. Everyone who doesn't like the design isn't calling him names, like he's doing to them. Fanboy has become the new insult for nerds to give to other nerds. Just let everyone share their opinion without attacking them.

And by the way I'm indifferent. My first thought was the actor wanted his face to be shown at least for some portion of the movie, and that he'll have the hood or dome for a part of the movie. Still looking forward to it.

#18 User is offline   majik40 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

That just CC filling in for Darth Vader. @smilepunch@
Given how we'll probably get like 500 different versions of CC & Duke. This is probably just a look that he has for about a half second during the movie. Therefore there is a need to produce a figure. Next we'll get CC with his mask & Duke will be in his scuba gear. lol

#19 User is offline   DarkLordUnicron 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

View PostRedFive, on Feb 11 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

This was found on an ebay action. The seller was from Honk Kong.

Posted Image

Ok first I didn't like the fact that Destro doesn't have his helmet. He always wore it. And not this? I grew up with Gi Joe and then Transformers. Why is it that they can only get one or two things right in a comic movie? Snake Eyes looks dead on. Storm Shadow & the Baroness look pretty good. Transformers we had Prime and Jazz that you could tell who they were, everyone else had a face that looked like crap. Will this stop me from seeing the movie? No, but I had such hope for this movie.

#20 User is offline   TMNTFAN85 

• Battle Droid

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:22 PM

i love it. its growing on me guys besides this is an origin story! i'm sure the next film they'll have cobra commander in a more familiar look. besides he's prob gonna look so bad ass in the movie that we'll forget and get pass the look. just like we did with megtron, and the other transformers

#21 User is offline   Batman27 

• Sworn Protector of the Big-Mac

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Heres a pic of the back of the package. Gives you a better look, as well as the others. Thanks to CoolToyReview.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Glue 

• Andorian

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

That presumes all of us got "past" the looks of the Transformers in that movie. I lost all interest in that modernization, and I'd pretty much lost all interest in this one largely before even this, so this is really just another nail in the coffin. It's not anything specific that majorly does it. It's all of them taken together.

As for making a GI Joe movie for ninja turtle fans, I have to think that makes about as much sense as making TMNT for Jem fans... but whatever floats your boat.

#23 User is offline   tycondrius 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

okies looking at this i'm thinking uuurgh but lets recap . cobra comander in the cartoon was a disfigured cobra-la servant right ? this guys does have a sorta disfigured look to him also anyone remmber the 4th vesion figure for CC? looks sorta like this . also anyone else notice destro has his trade mark metal face on the back of the box it this is movie line then you can asume he dons the mask at some point !!

#24 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Do or do not...there is no try."

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

Kinda has a creepy cool look to it actually. And it does remind me a little of Version 4 Cobra Commander, like someone mentioned. I can't help it guys; I kinda like it. I think this movie is takiing on a more of a sci-fi/miliary feel than I initially thought. But I'm liking it all so far.

And hopefully, from the looks of the cardback there, maybe Destro will be wearing his trademark mask after all.

#25 User is offline   bluecyclone 

• Lightcycle Jockey and Master of the Game Grid

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

WTF................

How could they do that to Cobra Commander?

Like I said, F this movie, and it's toys.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us