TRU exclusive Viper 5-pack

Jeff

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat how they gave one guy a removeable helmet...I'm guessing he's the only one, though...but why? I kinda wish they'd released a set like this months ago. I hate not knowing if or when Hasbro will release troop builder sets like these. Every time a troop figure comes out on single card, I always wonder if I should buy multiples or wait until Hasbro releases a multipack!

ARGH!

Hasbro you wound me....

So close to perfection, yet so far: You have a "fixed wrist" Viper coming out in another five-pack, but put the "limp wrists" in this pack?!?

Seriously...this could have been one of the best five-packs EVER (particularly with the removeable helmet (helmets?), but just like your last stab at a Viper 5-pack, you swung and hit a foul ball.

I might pick up one, just for the "officer" but if these had fixed wrists I'd buy five or six of them.

Neat how they gave one guy a removeable helmet...I'm guessing he's the only one, though...but why? I kinda wish they'd released a set like this months ago. I hate not knowing if or when Hasbro will release troop builder sets like these. Every time a troop figure comes out on single card, I always wonder if I should buy multiples or wait until Hasbro releases a multipack!

I'm guessing that it's a nod to Mercer, who was a Cobra Viper before ooking up with Slaughter Renegades.

I was going to buy one of these, but now that this guy is complaining up a storm about something so minor as wrists, I think I'll buy 5 or 6 of them.

ARGH!

Hasbro you wound me....

So close to perfection, yet so far: You have a "fixed wrist" Viper coming out in another five-pack, but put the "limp wrists" in this pack?!?

Seriously...this could have been one of the best five-packs EVER (particularly with the removeable helmet (helmets?), but just like your last stab at a Viper 5-pack, you swung and hit a foul ball.

I might pick up one, just for the "officer" but if these had fixed wrists I'd buy five or six of them.

I was going to buy one of these, but now that this guy is complaining up a storm about something so minor as wrists, I think I'll buy 5 or 6 of them.

Have you bought a Viper yet? This is not a "minor" problem. It's a significant flaw in the Viper. Go ahead and buy 5 or 6, I'll wait for the moment when Hasbro fixes this pack (or makes something similar to it) in the future.

More power to you. As you can see from the other posts here (including the OP), the "limp-wrists" are a sticking point for far more people than just me.

We've already seen that Hasbro's got a fixed version of that tooling on-hand (see the upcoming Cobra 5-pack), so this just smacks of poor decision-making/laziness/et al on their part.

Would be a good loose troop builder.

Still have screwed up wrists and ankles.

General Hawks head on a Viper Body.

Nothing says its Mercer. Not bad @ss looking enough anyway.

And whats with the Gold Face Plate Officer? Same with Crimson Guard "Officers". Or Hiss Tank "Commanders". I dont get this. I can see Cobra Troopers needing an officer because they were the mass of the cobra army at first before all the other characters came in, otherwise it was only Cobra Commander.

So save yourselves some money and spend $7 on another General Hawk and switch heads.

wonder when the release date is on this pack... I agree that they could have made this pack better since they have obviously fixed the wrist problem, but instead went for the old style.. much like the Bazooka trooper has the old diaper crotch when just before it they put out the Python Officers.. which had fixed crotches..

who knows what hasbro thinks some times.

I like the nod to Mercer, really wish they would stop reusing the same heads all the time. some stuff I can handle, but come on.. Give Mercer his patent high and tight. Not this 1950s comb roll you have going on with a reused head.

Somebody show me where it says thats Mercer

If you read the rest of the thread, you'd know nobody says it's Mercer. Some of us are speculating that the single removeable-helmet figure is intended to be a "nod" towards Mercer, which isn't the same as just saying "It's Mercer."

Could've at least done a new head sculpt for 'Mercer'

really wish they would stop reusing the same heads all the time. some stuff I can handle, but come on.

To play devil's advocate; Hasbro seems to never use new tooling on exclusives. The only exception I can think of is Doc, and he was a mail away not an exclusive.

I'll pass on this set as is. I've got lots of Vipers already, and need no more. However, as most have said already, if they had the new wrist, I'd but enough to replace my current Viper army no question. Even if I had to do some part swapping.

If they were to release the new arm tooling on a single card or in a two pack or something like that I'd pass, as it would be too much trouble and expense to re-outfit my army.

those wrists do bother me so i'm going to have say pass like many others. I think we collectors made it pretty clear we didn't like em and they had ample time to put in the new ones. Those willing to army build the ones with a messed up wrist have had the opportunity with single packs and the viper/ig comic pack.

yeah, I am kinda sad that they aren't fixing the wrists for this set. I don't get it, the one coming in the cobra 5-pack with the shiny mask has fixed wrists... why not this one?

To play devil's advocate; Hasbro seems to never use new tooling on exclusives. The only exception I can think of is Doc, and he was a mail away not an exclusive.

Fair enough. It still feels like a double gyp to get the shoddy wrists *and* a re-used noggin. :)

As I think about this even more: Since a removable helmet would be 'new' tooling I bet it's just an extra Viper head, and not a helmet.....