• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TRU exclusive Viper 5-pack images

#1 User is offline   Jeff 

• Tri-Klops
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Attached File  Viper_02.jpg (129.12K)
Number of downloads: 469Attached File  Viper_01.jpg (130.26K)
Number of downloads: 615Attached File  Viper_04.jpg (102.33K)
Number of downloads: 494er_04.jpg]Attached File  Viper_05.jpg (128.42K)
Number of downloads: 404Attached File  Viper_06.jpg (106.89K)
Number of downloads: 441[attachmen
t=1794:Mercer.jpg]Attached File  Viper_01.jpg (99.04K)
Number of downloads: 61Attached File  Viper_02.jpg (106.33K)
Number of downloads: 66

Thanks again to the guys over at ACToys.net for these images. It's to bad Hasbro was to cheap to fix the hands on these guys.

I added file card images. The one is Mercer.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   MrBear 

• Battle Droid

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Now give me a BAT and Eel pack and I will be set. I know, none of us collectors are ever satisfied. @firedevil@

#3 User is offline   countzackula 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

Neat how they gave one guy a removeable helmet...I'm guessing he's the only one, though...but why? I kinda wish they'd released a set like this months ago. I hate not knowing if or when Hasbro will release troop builder sets like these. Every time a troop figure comes out on single card, I always wonder if I should buy multiples or wait until Hasbro releases a multipack!

#4 User is offline   Jmacq1 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

ARGH!

Hasbro you wound me....

So close to perfection, yet so far: You have a "fixed wrist" Viper coming out in another five-pack, but put the "limp wrists" in this pack?!?

Seriously...this could have been one of the best five-packs EVER (particularly with the removeable helmet (helmets?), but just like your last stab at a Viper 5-pack, you swung and hit a foul ball.

I might pick up one, just for the "officer" but if these had fixed wrists I'd buy five or six of them.

#5 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

• Mer-Man

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

View Postcountzackula, on Jan 7 2009, 09:01 AM, said:

Neat how they gave one guy a removeable helmet...I'm guessing he's the only one, though...but why? I kinda wish they'd released a set like this months ago. I hate not knowing if or when Hasbro will release troop builder sets like these. Every time a troop figure comes out on single card, I always wonder if I should buy multiples or wait until Hasbro releases a multipack!

I'm guessing that it's a nod to Mercer, who was a Cobra Viper before ooking up with Slaughter Renegades.

#6 User is offline   Jmacq1 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

Good call on the Mercer thing. I think you're probably absolutely right.

#7 User is offline   bosskmr 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:20 AM

WOW!!! This pack sucks $@#T!!!!

They have a better version in the other 5-pack and they give us this crap...F you Hasbro!!!!

#8 User is offline   mjolnir 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

I was going to buy one of these, but now that this guy is complaining up a storm about something so minor as wrists, I think I'll buy 5 or 6 of them.

View PostJmacq1, on Jan 7 2009, 09:03 AM, said:

ARGH!

Hasbro you wound me....

So close to perfection, yet so far: You have a "fixed wrist" Viper coming out in another five-pack, but put the "limp wrists" in this pack?!?

Seriously...this could have been one of the best five-packs EVER (particularly with the removeable helmet (helmets?), but just like your last stab at a Viper 5-pack, you swung and hit a foul ball.

I might pick up one, just for the "officer" but if these had fixed wrists I'd buy five or six of them.

#9 User is offline   ExultedUnicron 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

we got 4 vipers in helmets and one without. If it is a nod to Mercer, I like it. However, the wrists are the old style, not good.

#10 User is offline   BingoBrown 

• Andorian

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

View Postmjolnir, on Jan 7 2009, 08:23 AM, said:

I was going to buy one of these, but now that this guy is complaining up a storm about something so minor as wrists, I think I'll buy 5 or 6 of them.

Have you bought a Viper yet? This is not a "minor" problem. It's a significant flaw in the Viper. Go ahead and buy 5 or 6, I'll wait for the moment when Hasbro fixes this pack (or makes something similar to it) in the future.

#11 User is offline   darthfoley 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

Could've at least done a new head sculpt for 'Mercer' if they were going to use the crap wrists...

#12 User is offline   Jmacq1 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

View Postmjolnir, on Jan 7 2009, 09:23 AM, said:

More power to you. As you can see from the other posts here (including the OP), the "limp-wrists" are a sticking point for far more people than just me.

We've already seen that Hasbro's got a fixed version of that tooling on-hand (see the upcoming Cobra 5-pack), so this just smacks of poor decision-making/laziness/et al on their part.

#13 User is offline   boff123 

• cobra lackey

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:05 AM

nice f up hasbro. great pack ruined.

#14 User is offline   theNoseknows 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

Would be a good loose troop builder.
Still have screwed up wrists and ankles.
General Hawks head on a Viper Body.
Nothing says its Mercer. Not bad @ss looking enough anyway.
And whats with the Gold Face Plate Officer? Same with Crimson Guard "Officers". Or Hiss Tank "Commanders". I dont get this. I can see Cobra Troopers needing an officer because they were the mass of the cobra army at first before all the other characters came in, otherwise it was only Cobra Commander.
So save yourselves some money and spend $7 on another General Hawk and switch heads.

#15 User is offline   Magick 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:13 AM

wonder when the release date is on this pack... I agree that they could have made this pack better since they have obviously fixed the wrist problem, but instead went for the old style.. much like the Bazooka trooper has the old diaper crotch when just before it they put out the Python Officers.. which had fixed crotches..

who knows what hasbro thinks some times.

I like the nod to Mercer, really wish they would stop reusing the same heads all the time. some stuff I can handle, but come on.. Give Mercer his patent high and tight. Not this 1950s comb roll you have going on with a reused head.

#16 User is offline   theNoseknows 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

Somebody show me where it says thats Mercer

#17 User is offline   xhairs 

• Classics for life.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

man they couldnt give them the fixed arms.

#18 User is offline   Cyber Bishop 

• Floating in space staring at the sun...

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

View PostJmacq1, on Jan 7 2009, 08:15 AM, said:

Good call on the Mercer thing. I think you're probably absolutely right.

I smell some Mercer customs from this fig.

#19 User is offline   Roadpigmaster 

• Andorian

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Looking pretty good!

#20 User is offline   Jmacq1 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

View PosttheNoseknows, on Jan 7 2009, 10:16 AM, said:

Somebody show me where it says thats Mercer

If you read the rest of the thread, you'd know nobody says it's Mercer. Some of us are speculating that the single removeable-helmet figure is intended to be a "nod" towards Mercer, which isn't the same as just saying "It's Mercer."

#21 User is offline   FlyingFigg 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

View Postdarthfoley, on Jan 7 2009, 09:50 AM, said:

Could've at least done a new head sculpt for 'Mercer'

View PostMagick, on Jan 7 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

really wish they would stop reusing the same heads all the time. some stuff I can handle, but come on.

To play devil's advocate; Hasbro seems to never use new tooling on exclusives. The only exception I can think of is Doc, and he was a mail away not an exclusive.

I'll pass on this set as is. I've got lots of Vipers already, and need no more. However, as most have said already, if they had the new wrist, I'd but enough to replace my current Viper army no question. Even if I had to do some part swapping.

If they were to release the new arm tooling on a single card or in a two pack or something like that I'd pass, as it would be too much trouble and expense to re-outfit my army.

#22 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:39 AM

those wrists do bother me so i'm going to have say pass like many others. I think we collectors made it pretty clear we didn't like em and they had ample time to put in the new ones. Those willing to army build the ones with a messed up wrist have had the opportunity with single packs and the viper/ig comic pack.

#23 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

yeah, I am kinda sad that they aren't fixing the wrists for this set. I don't get it, the one coming in the cobra 5-pack with the shiny mask has fixed wrists... why not this one?

#24 User is offline   darthfoley 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:44 AM

View PostFlyingFigg, on Jan 7 2009, 11:38 AM, said:

To play devil's advocate; Hasbro seems to never use new tooling on exclusives. The only exception I can think of is Doc, and he was a mail away not an exclusive.

Fair enough. It still feels like a double gyp to get the shoddy wrists *and* a re-used noggin. :)

#25 User is offline   FlyingFigg 

• Cobra Crimson Guardsman

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:52 AM

View PostFlyingFigg, on Jan 7 2009, 10:38 AM, said:

As I think about this even more: Since a removable helmet would be 'new' tooling I bet it's just an extra Viper head, and not a helmet.....

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us