The GI Joe Collectors' Club Announce Their 2009 Membership Exclusive Figures

The Wire

I have a bit of a bone to pick here........and its with the "reporting" of this story on TNI.

The headline cites a plural--as in figureS.

The story is missing mention of the OTHER exclusive figure, namely the 12" Adventure Team TALKING Black Commander!

Yep, the free 12" figure is going to be a talker, and a separate uniform and box set to make the figure a complete "repro".

The Undertow is fine enough I'm sure, but the Black Commander is, imo, equally exciting news.

...People collect 12" figures now? : O

Tom

Some of us still have this size fixation thing going on....

I have a bit of a bone to pick here........and its with the "reporting" of this story on TNI.

The headline cites a plural--as in figureS.

The story is missing mention of the OTHER exclusive figure, namely the 12" Adventure Team TALKING Black Commander!

Yep, the free 12" figure is going to be a talker, and a separate uniform and box set to make the figure a complete "repro".

The Undertow is fine enough I'm sure, but the Black Commander is, imo, equally exciting news.

...People collect 12" figures now? : O

Tom

You mean...STILL! @smilepunch@

The answer is YES.....at least of the vintage style, like these Adventure Team are.

Here's a link to what ARROW is referring to...

12" Black Talking AT Commander

I notice the "free" one only comes in his undie-gruns? @loll@ His outfit ("accessories") is available seperately....for $200!

@smilepunch@ Just kiddin' about the price.

I notice the "free" one only comes in his undie-gruns? guitar.gif His outfit ("accessories") is available seperately....for $200!

smile2.gif Just kiddin' about the price.

Considering the original figures used to be hawked for $500-$600 ten years ago, I'd consider $200 to be a bargain!! LOL

here is an idea, why not put back the Orings in the 25th figures? Why is that in the past 8 years there has been how many different types of designs for our beloved figures? Why not go with the method that works and be done with it? ok i said my piece;)

I would LOVE that, but I'm trying to settle with a compromise.

The above suggestion would still be something NEW which would please the newbies/o-ring haters, but it's also about as close to the articulation ability of an old o-ringed Joe (imo), that would satisfy MY wants and preferences, so I thought there might be a bridge to join us all together in happy harmony? ;)

Oh yeah, I agree with you. I guess the 25th figures left a sore in my mouth when i opended my first one and the arm fell off. @grumpy@ Not happy at all. SO, i guess the Best Bridge would be the o-rings from MC and the 25th witheveryone else.

But look at it like this... the 25th isn't over yet.

r.i.p RAH :(

They're not exactly DEAD...yet! ^_^

MC is keeping the torch lit for'em, so that's why I'm scratching my head over any complaints about it. O-rings are always going to be the BEST style of 3 3/4" action figures, at least for the ones that you actually WANT to pose and play with and then receive ANY kind of satisfied feeling of accomplishment in working that pose just right. O-rings get a bad rap from the newbies, because it distinguishes what us OLDIES started out with, and in an attempt to surpass our vintage years, above and beyond their own point of joining in, they glob onto the NEW style (even if inferior) because it came along in THEIR tenure and anything NEW will always trump whatever is old...in their minds. :P

The 25th style would be perfect, if it had the type of construction of those new 3 3/4" wrestling figures, with the better chest articulation on top of a swivel waist feature. Add that to the 25th style and viola' I might throw down the torch for O-rings finally.

I'll be considering them dead until hasbro releases some rah figures at regular retail or online retailers other than mc. don't get me wrong they have a lot of cool figures, especially troop builders that i would love to have, but sadly they're all a couple hundred dollars over my price range >.<

I'll be considering them dead until hasbro releases some rah figures at regular retail or online retailers other than mc. don't get me wrong they have a lot of cool figures, especially troop builders that i would love to have, but sadly they're all a couple hundred dollars over my price range >.<

yeah, I'm only defending MC's choice to keep producing vintage o-ring figures over going 25th style. As was mentioned already...they're pretty pricey as is, so why wish to pay such prices for a style that's currently available at retail? @lol@

I personally am not a member (yet) of MC and have pretty much ZERO of any of their figures and exclusives, no convention pieces or NUTTEN, but i like the fact that they keep producing them in different schmees and variations for the old die-hard folks.

The price range is a bit rich for my tastes as well though, so you're not alone. I'm a bargain basement shopper.

i was a member a few years ago. the only figure from them i ever got was the copperhead... which i sold to pay for my membership @smilepunch@ I was planning on going to the convention that year but couldn't make it :(

you should make your way over to pittsburgh for the steel city convention sometime. I've found some great deals at previous ones :)