Dc Universe classics two pack: Atom Strange and StarFire

Doom Saber

I can't believe people are saying Starfire looks good... it's painfully obvious that torso sculpt wasn't intended for a nearly-nude character. She looks like a stripped Barbie doll with a painted-on bikini. I suppose this should come as no surprise from the company uptight enough to ban Lobo from a normal release. :unsure:

the fig looks good in general. everyone here should know that its obviously a proto pic, so why are you guys trippin' bout nothing?

I wouldn't say he's trippin about nothin. Generally prototypes are remarkably similar to the released figures. It's unlikely they would use an entirely different sculpt (say, one more suited to a nearly-nude character like he mentioned) for the regular figure. If anything it makes less sense to expect something different from the prototype than it does to criticize it.

I think it's important to voice concerns prior to release. It may not get things changed, but acting like sheep by excusing everything and deciding from the start you're going to love a figure no matter what is crazy.

ive been dealing with this line to long to know that the proto will not look exactly like the finished product.(it will be better) the 4h always uses the same bodies for the protos.....thats why all of the men seem the same size on the protos(like aquaman was big on the protos, but was smaller tan bats and supes when released) you should know that......baa..baaa

I thought the Aquaman prototype looked better than the released figure, mainly because of the orange upper body (it went from brilliant orange to dull, yellow-orange). But he still came out great. Other than that I've never noticed much difference between protos and actual releases.

look again buddy. they use pretty much the same body for all their protos. go to the dc wave 3 and 4 section...everyone thought that robin was going to be big.....

I never saw a shot of the Robin prototype alongside another figure at TNI. The only one I've seen is a pre-sales photo at DCUC.info with Nightwing and he's considerably shorter.

I can't believe people are saying Starfire looks good... it's painfully obvious that torso sculpt wasn't intended for a nearly-nude character. She looks like a stripped Barbie doll with a painted-on bikini. I suppose this should come as no surprise from the company uptight enough to ban Lobo from a normal release. :unsure:

the fig looks good in general. everyone here should know that its obviously a proto pic, so why are you guys trippin' bout nothing?

I wouldn't say he's trippin about nothin. Generally prototypes are remarkably similar to the released figures. It's unlikely they would use an entirely different sculpt (say, one more suited to a nearly-nude character like he mentioned) for the regular figure. If anything it makes less sense to expect something different from the prototype than it does to criticize it.

I think it's important to voice concerns prior to release. It may not get things changed, but acting like sheep by excusing everything and deciding from the start you're going to love a figure no matter what is crazy.

ive been dealing with this line to long to know that the proto will not look exactly like the finished product.(it will be better) the 4h always uses the same bodies for the protos.....thats why all of the men seem the same size on the protos(like aquaman was big on the protos, but was smaller tan bats and supes when released) you should know that......baa..baaa

I thought the Aquaman prototype looked better than the released figure, mainly because of the orange upper body (it went from brilliant orange to dull, yellow-orange). But he still came out great. Other than that I've never noticed much difference between protos and actual releases.

look again buddy. they use pretty much the same body for all their protos. go to the dc wave 3 and 4 section...everyone thought that robin was going to be big.....

I never saw a shot of the Robin prototype alongside another figure at TNI. The only one I've seen is a pre-sales photo at DCUC.info with Nightwing and he's considerably shorter.

i cant find the thread. but trust me....it was an issue.

I'm not doubting you. You seem to be a big fan of the line and thus have paid close attention to it. I'm a big fan, too, but I haven't noticed everything.

Getting back to that Robin figure, I can't wait till that thing hits. I'd like an old school Robin, too, to go with the old school Crime Stopper Batman (I'd actually prefer Jason Todd because he'd fit in better with that Bats).

I'm not doubting you. You seem to be a big fan of the line and thus have paid close attention to it. I'm a big fan, too, but I haven't noticed everything.

Getting back to that Robin figure, I can't wait till that thing hits. I'd like an old school Robin, too, to go with the old school Crime Stopper Batman (I'd actually prefer Jason Todd because he'd fit in better with that Bats).

i cant wait either! i can picture it now......black and grey bats, robin, batgirl, and nightwing on one big building....ahhh...(LOL) i call my target everyday...faithfully!(thats how i got all of wave 2 back in april)

i cant wait either! i can picture it now......black and grey bats, robin, batgirl, and nightwing on one big building....ahhh...(LOL) i call my target everyday...faithfully!(thats how i got all of wave 2 back in april)

I'm not a true DC guy (outside of Batman and Superman), but I don't know if I've ever even heard of Adam Strange. And the only reason I know Starfire is from the Teen Titans cartoon. So, these seem kind of like odd choices to a non-die hard DC guy.

In all fairness, that's why they're exclusives and not mass-market releases.

Adam (not Atom) Strange is fairly niche, even with his recent appearances in the comics. Heck, I've read DC comics for well over a decade, but I had no idea of his existence until Rann-Thanagar War, something like two years ago. Collectors will be happy to see him.

Starfire's comic-accurate costume skirts the 'family-friendly' image (although the Demon is okay... go figure). Putting her in with Strange is thematic (due to recent comic appearances together), and allows Mattel to give collectors a costume that might be questionable at retail. Plus, those who only know Starfire from the cartoon, or who read the Titans comics but don't care about Strange, may still give this one a chance.

By making it an online exclusive, they're targeting the DC fans, while still 'dangling the carrot' a little for the non-DC fans who might stumble on it. It's a good mix, I think.

That's exactly right! I just hope they make enough for all of us! Plus, it saves on the gas going out to look for them, though I don't know what their s&h will be.

Mattel's site seems to be quite good on standard shipping charges. I'd imagine the price for the two pack to be somewhere around the 7-8 dollar mark. Not bad at all.

That's exactly right! I just hope they make enough for all of us! Plus, it saves on the gas going out to look for them, though I don't know what their s&h will be.

Mattel's site seems to be quite good on standard shipping charges. I'd imagine the price for the two pack to be somewhere around the 7-8 dollar mark. Not bad at all.

not at all

Actually, it might even be less than that based on what I paid for 3 King Grayskulls and 3 Lobos, though a bigger order always costs less comparatively.

That site was a great ideal. It looks like Lobo has finally sold out and I hope they decide to push the release date up for the 2-pack exclusive. Mattel could keep a lot of collectors happy if they continue to bring out the figures people like and want in their collection.