New 3 3/4" DC Infinite Heroes Figure Images

JayC

UGH!!!!

Dang, Dude!

I was on the fence about this line. Did I really need to collect ANOTHER DC line? I'm already getting DC Classics AND JLU. What the eff do I need THESE for? But I'm always into 3 3/4 figs. They're small. They can crank out a bunch of them a year. They're easy to store, etc.

So if these were fly, I'd be down with it.

But these things suck...BIG TIME. Look at that awful Captain Marvel!!! Dude! Check out Guy Gardner!

Sorry, Mattel. This kind of sculpting might've been the bomb about fifteen years ago, but this don't fly today! Check out what Hasbro is doing with GI Joe.

EvilStar predicts that these will go the way of those tiny Marvel Legends from a couple of years ago. And THOSE were pretty dope!

UGH!!!!

Dang, Dude!

I was on the fence about this line. Did I really need to collect ANOTHER DC line? I'm already getting DC Classics AND JLU. What the eff do I need THESE for? But I'm always into 3 3/4 figs. They're small. They can crank out a bunch of them a year. They're easy to store, etc.

So if these were fly, I'd be down with it.

But these things suck...BIG TIME. Look at that awful Captain Marvel!!! Dude! Check out Guy Gardner!

Sorry, Mattel. This kind of sculpting might've been the bomb about fifteen years ago, but this don't fly today! Check out what Hasbro is doing with GI Joe.

EvilStar predicts that these will go the way of those tiny Marvel Legends from a couple of years ago. And THOSE were pretty dope!

yeah.....i have to agree with you hommie, the joes look way better. its a great idea, but they tend to fall on the "crap" side. ill just have to see'em in person!

Ooowee... Does not look like much has changed since the prototypes.

What I like(d)-

The idea that all these recent lines could be displayed together (IJ, GI Joe, Star Wars...) And seeing as how my 25th Joe COBRAs waaaay outnumber the good guys, some hero support would have been very appreciated!

The Flash - by far, the best looking character in the pics available.

Reverse Flash - the first ever figure made?

What I don't like -

See EvilStar's post.

Maybe I'm spoiled by the detail given to the Joe line, well, no doubt about it, I am! These, in comparison, look like they should be included in a Happy Meal.

The kung-fu grip thing does not work for me. Closed fists would have made all the difference.

Too much of the outfits are just painted on. Again with the detail thing.

They just look cheap. But I bet they won't be.

I guess I won't have to worry about hunting these down. It's too bad, they had a real opportunity there. I really wanted to get into these, but unless the final product looks better, I guess I'll just have to start outfitting the Joes with lightsabers to counter the COBRA offensive! (and I shudder to imagine how the inevitable Superman comes out)

Yikes T-Crotch!!!!! These figures already look dated, some of them look good like Flash, but wish they had better articulation.

Wow. My enthusiasm almost completely is gone for this line. The only thing keeping me on board is the fact that there is A Flash in the line and some Flash Rogues for the first time in ages. I still say we need a Flash action figure line devoted just to him for DC Direct. The amount of Rogues he has makes him rife for a solo line and a animated cartoon!

Seriously, does Mattel just have two totally different groups of people working on this line and DCUC? Because DCUC is consistently surprising me with how cool their figures are, while this stuff just looks like garbage.

Actually, it doesn't look like garbage...it looks like Mattel desperately trying to rush a substandard product to market in order to "beat" Hasbro to the punch with their heavily rumored return to 3.75" scale Marvel figures later this year/next year.

*Sigh* They have some really great ideas with this line, too, and clearly a great opportunity to do some of the more obscure characters, but the execution is so badly lacking that I fear this line will rot (and kill our chances of a large DCU in the 3.75" scale). Seriously Mattel, just scrap it and bring it back with good articulation and detailing. We know you're capable of it...so just do it, already. Your company has been in the business for about as long as anyone else, if not longer...why is it so impossible for you to get things right (or at least closer to right) on the first try?

Seriously, does Mattel just have two totally different groups of people working on this line and DCUC?

Yeah. They do.

According to EvilStar's inside sources, the 4H have nothing to do with this line. Mattel, like effing geniuses, want to see how this line does and then if it takes off, they'll turn it over to the 4H. And then I guess the 4H will have to do a cr@pload of apology figs to make up for these lame-O's!

Course these things are just going to warm pegs and get marked down until TRU throws them into that clearance isle with all those Pirates of the Carribean and Superman Returns figs. The Mattel will go like "Gee. We guess the public just don't like 3 3/4" figs!" No, a-hole! We don't like THESE lowsy 3 3/4 inch figs!!!! Look at that Guy Gardner! I couldn't get my dog to chew on that fugly thang!

I was pretty disappointed when I first saw these at Toy Fair. I would love to have DC and someday Marvel characters in scale and with comparable articulation and detailing to the 25th Ann. Joe line. This new DC line falls far short. T-Crotches are a deal breaker for me. The rest of the details, the hands etc, all look cheap. I don't want to pass on this line but I also don't want this inferior stuff.

I just got one question? Where's the ladies? The first time a DC line has had this many female figures all at once, and not a single one is in the first wave? Typical Mattel - watch them either cancel the line before Wave 2, "push back" the females until a "later wave" then cancel the line, or remove all articulation - something to ruin it even more.

if we get vehicles or playsets then we may have something going on with this line.

Well, they all look like they are ready to either shoot or drive something (hands), so I guess that is a possibility.

Man, I really hope they re-think their strategy here and go back to the drawing board on these. They are just asking for failure! If they are geared toward kids, then sure, I can see it. But those are the only ones who will like them, and they don't usually come with their own built-in cash supply!

Just brings a tear to my eye...

Did they just retake pictures of the prototypes on a white background? That's what it looks like to me.

I also wanted these to be 3 3/4" DCUC figures.

weeeeee ball-hinged shoulders & arms :rolleyes: Is that all we get that is new?!?! :angry:

The only way they could have differentiated these from the JLU line would have been to make them smaller DCUC figures. I guess these is what the other retailers will get because Target has the JLU line now.

Its still sad to me that the old Kenner Super Powers line is the top 4" DC line ever made. I mean Mattel has had not one but two chances at this scale and they still blow it. At least JLU had style, even if the figures were really just old kenner star wars figs and almost completly unplayable. These things are horrible, I really hope somthing changes between now and the launch. Like you guys have said, they look like happy meal toys.

Yes, they do look like happy meal toys but for some reason I kinda like the figures. They're so small how much detail do you expect really? For their size they're o.k. and not too horrible. I like little figs. so I can make cool dios with them fighting larger characters like Giganta or an oversized Lexcorp robot or something. ^_^

i think that people a missing the point. IMO, the figs seem to be aimed at children. everything points to that fact, and while i still think that theyre crap!, they look compatable with the DK 4" figs. i really dont care what they look like........give me dcuc!(6") oh.....im just saying....with the new game coming, are the 4H going to make the MK figs for the game?