G.I.Joe Wave 8 Single Carded Hi-Res Figure Images

The Wire

I'm liking how they've changed the packaging coming out of the anniversary. I'm still unsure on Flint's hands and forearms.

Can anyone read the dog tags on Bludd's card art? It seems like they were written big enough to be read, but the pic is a bit too small.

Anyway, out of this bunch, I like Snake Eyes and the Python Patrol Soldier. Snake Eyes has got a ton of usuable custom parts. The hood seems removable. Those skulls will be used on a ton of customs by me. And his foot gear seems pretty cool too. The Python Patrol soldier just looks good to me. I'm not sure what it is that I really like. I'm not a fan of the regular soldiers that have been released, but I really like this one. Oh well. And the Viper's not that bad. Just hate those hands. They look they're set up to hold the rifle like the card art, and not like everyone else has been trying to do with hands on both grips.

Gripes? We finally get a Baroness without wind swept hair, and she has those ugly sunglasses. I know it's a representation of the way she looked in the original cartoon series, but why couldn't those be removable? Bludd? Pretty much everything Tom said. And Flint? Well, we wanted short sleeves and gloves. Now we got 'em. Hope you all like those forarms. Can't wait for him and Shipwreck to begin their arm wrestling competition over the affections of Lady Jaye.

Oh yeah, anyone else notice that now with the upcoming vehicles packs, and the wave 4 comic packs, we now have all the figures to make the original Python Patrol? Viper, Tele-Viper, Copperhead, Crimson Guard, Soldier and Officer. Hmmm. Maybe this soldier is just the first of the remakes of the original set.

So there's one new character, Bludd, and all the rest are repaints. That's not good. I don't mind a repaint or maybe two in a wave, but all but one? Repaints equal peg warmers equal line killer. I'm liking these figures alot. I'd like to recreate my entire 80s collection, but if Hasbro is going to flood us with repaints then unfortunately this line is going the way of He-Man.

Snake Eyes: Nice looking, but seems weird to me to do a version from ONE issue of a comic. But it does hold some hope for guys like Kwinn and Dr. Venom. One thing that kinda bugs about Snake Eyes is he always comes with a sword but almost NEVER a sheath! 21 versions with swords and less than half (8) with sheaths (and only because most are repaints).

Baronness: Is she going through chemo?

Cobra Commander: .....

Major Bludd: Did he get a new head? It looks different from previous pics. Ironic if he did. The Zartan thighs annoy me, lol.

Python Trooper: Why didn't they "pythonize" the knees? He's accurate for the most part.

Flint: Why did they change his arms? To add gloves? WTF? I mean they couldn't just throw on some gloves? or, wait, I get it. The gloves they had were too big to match his arms (they are using Roadblock's hands).

Viper: Is the vest removable? Looks like it. The hands are going to take some getting used to. He looks odd when not posed. Why does it say "from the cartoon"?

Wow, how did I miss this thread??

I've been very curious to see what the card-art might look like for these, namely the ones that didn't appear in the original line, like "Arctic" Snake-Eyes. I guess it's mostly due to the fact that I enjoy collecting these at least partially for the packaging, but I digress...

Snake-Eyes: I am completely blown away by this figure, and I love the card-art. It's incredible! I wasn't initially too keen on seeing figures from the vintage comic or toon that weren't a part of the original toy line, like for example this Snake-Eyes and/or Zartan. But I'm fascinated by them now. It just seems very surreal, to see these great figures that seem like they very well could have been in the original line, but weren't. This Snake-Eyes is my absolute favorite of the bunch. Maybe it's the obscure quality of this version of him; like someone mentioned, it was from one appearance way back in issue #2, but I'm sure it's due more to the fact that I just love Snake-Eyes as a character and can't get enough of 'im. It's like that really cool, unexpected Star Wars character that gets made into a Fan's Choice figure, or that Expanded Universe version of a favorite that gets a strange but cool outfit that at first seems odd but then becomes cooler and cooler to you the more you warm-up to it. (Now that I think of it, it reminds me of that Power of the Jedi/Expanded Universe Obi-Wan that came in "arctic" gear, like he had been on Hoth or something. Further more, and coincindentally enough, his colors are very similar to "Arctic" Snake-Eyes as well. Hmm...) (I'm the king of digression tonight for some reason...) Bottom line, I absolutely love this figure and everything about it; the concept, the reference, the card-art, everything. I MUST own it.

Cobra Commander: He's one of my least favorite 25th Anniversary sculpts, so this version is underwhelming, at least judging by the pics. Moving on...

Baroness: Love it, and I'm not sure why. Maybe she has a cool anime feel to her or something. I don't know. It's just funky and cool to me.

Python Patrol Cobra Soldier: Meh. PP never did much for me to begin with, but I appreciate this figure because of its place in Joe history. I'll collect it for the packaging, and that's probably it.

Tiger Force Flint: Tiger Force was just a totally unexpected curve-ball that blind-sided me as a kid. I found them at a Fred's store one Sunday afternoon, and I was thrilled to see old favorites offered up in new colors. Repaints just seemed like a real rarity back in those days, so to me they were just weird, unexpected, but very cool. I've always loved Tiger Force, so this figure is a given for me. I even love the new arms that everyone seems to be complaining about. Much better than those ghastly appendages they call arms on the original, I just hope they go back and do the original with these arms. That'd be perfection to me. And I'll just anticipate the other members of Tiger Force with great enthusiasm.

Viper: Love it. It was my favorite Cobra trooper back in the day, and he will be again soon. (Maybe this time I'll own more than three of them. Or was it two? Bah...that was (choke!) twenty-two years ago. Cut me some slack...

Major Bludd: A great big missed opportunity. Why delay a figure that's simply a repaint with one new arm and head-sculpt? One minute Hasbro is brilliant, then the next they leave you scratching your head. This is one of those head-scratching moments for me. Ahh...he'll look good displayed in the cool packaging I guess...

The only thing I can't make up my mind about is Hasbro's inclusion of the "From the G.I Joe Comic/Cartoon series!!" caption on some of the card-backs. On one hand it kinda makes sense, to point out to casual fans and/or un-schooled kids just where some of these figures come from. But this line seems to be geared towards hard-core, older Joe collectors that know exactly where they come from. They look pretty good I guess, and they don't detract from the package art really. Just kinda odd yet cool in a way. I just wonder why the Viper has the "Cartoon" caption. That version is true to the original and the comic. He's not discernable from the original like comic or true toon versions are. Hmm...

Sheesh...I'm gonna have to pre-order me a case of these, if I even can by now...

Snake Eyes: Nice looking, but seems weird to me to do a version from ONE issue of a comic. But it does hold some hope for guys like Kwinn and Dr. Venom. One thing that kinda bugs about Snake Eyes is he always comes with a sword but almost NEVER a sheath! 21 versions with swords and less than half (8) with sheaths (and only because most are repaints).

Major Bludd: Did he get a new head? It looks different from previous pics. Ironic if he did. The Zartan thighs annoy me, lol.

Python Trooper: Why didn't they "pythonize" the knees? He's accurate for the most part.

Flint: Why did they change his arms? To add gloves? WTF? I mean they couldn't just throw on some gloves? or, wait, I get it. The gloves they had were too big to match his arms (they are using Roadblock's hands).

Viper: Is the vest removable? Looks like it. The hands are going to take some getting used to. He looks odd when not posed. Why does it say "from the cartoon"?

Most likely the delay is because of the different head since they censored his face in the previous images.

Most likely the delay is because of the different head since they censored his face in the previous images.

Maybe.

How did they screw up the head in just a few days/weeks?

oldbludd.jpg

newbludd1.jpgnewbludd2.jpg

Worst wave yet. Major Blood is a huge disappointment. It seems like he's been getting the shaft ever since the end of rah. Hasbro please listen closely. Blood is an icon and deserves much better.

Also, what did they do to the Baroness's card art?! It's just down-right fugly! I can't believe they took one of the nicest cards from rah and transformed it into one of the worst. I mean I know it's based on a really ugly figure but this is just jaw dropping. Hpefully the eventual crimson Baroness is not hard to find.

Oh, one more thought. If they're going to give us single cards “based on the comic series” then just what are comic packs for?

It does seem like they're setting themselves up with molds that can all be repainted for Python Patrol, huh? I wouldn't mind that myself. Of the cheesy post-movie gimmicks, that one actually rubbed off on me the most, heehee. Then I'll just have to figure out what to do about a Python Conquest..

Yeah, the Baroness really seems like it received 1/10th the avg amount of effort they put into other figures. But none of the females seem to have been real "Oh yeah..!"s so far.

It does seem like they're setting themselves up with molds that can all be repainted for Python Patrol, huh? I wouldn't mind that myself. Of the cheesy post-movie gimmicks, that one actually rubbed off on me the most, heehee. Then I'll just have to figure out what to do about a Python Conquest..

Yeah, the Baroness really seems like it received 1/10th the avg amount of effort they put into other figures. But none of the females seem to have been real "Oh yeah..!"s so far.

That was a combination of them wanting to recycle molds and popular figs I think. Look who the originals were:

Trooper, Officer, Viper, Crimson Guard, Copperhead. I'm kinda thinking they want to do a "test" with the Officer to see how it does, but since they are ALL available now, I could easily see a 5 padk.

As for Baroness, they were trying for a 'slim/feminine" look which is fine but was just lacking in design time.

Worst wave yet. Major Blood is a huge disappointment. It seems like he's been getting the shaft ever since the end of rah. Hasbro please listen closely. Blood is an icon and deserves much better.

Also, what did they do to the Baroness's card art?! It's just down-right fugly! I can't believe they took one of the nicest cards from rah and transformed it into one of the worst. I mean I know it's based on a really ugly figure but this is just jaw dropping. Hpefully the eventual crimson Baroness is not hard to find.

Oh, one more thought. If they're going to give us single cards “based on the comic series” then just what are comic packs for?

I don't know why so many people are bashing Blood lately. This mold is actually very close to his first from '83. If doubters care to look at yojoe.com and find the original blood, the only major difference between the two figures is that this one lacks the neon green stripe on the pant legs, and has the brown covers on the thighs. Admittedly I'm not sure which head they will use, but they both look decent.

Blood with Zartan's body is just as bad as that Zartan with a SAW Viper body. They just are not close enough. I supose now Hasbro is going to read this and make a SAW Viper with Zartan's body.

Hasbro could have made the IG Destro with the V1 Destro body but instead he got a band new body. Why does Major Blood not get that. If Hasbro wants to reuse some body for the Sonic Fighter Major Blood or Battle Corp Major Blood that is fine but they should do better on the original Blood.

I don't know why so many people are bashing Blood lately. This mold is actually very close to his first from '83. If doubters care to look at yojoe.com and find the original blood, the only major difference between the two figures is that this one lacks the neon green stripe on the pant legs, and has the brown covers on the thighs. Admittedly I'm not sure which head they will use, but they both look decent.

Because it looks like Zartan's body. That's simple and why we are complaining. Well, that and they pushed the figure back.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the body reuse, but how about a little frankensteining?

If Zartan's chest armor had been removable and Blood's chest thingy was too then the actual body would have been fine. See, on alot of the other 25th figures they have all this stuff that can be removed and switched and it really helps make things like torsos and legs look different enough from each other that it works great. But on Zartan and Major Blood they are exactly the same except for that one arm.

I really don't know what's with all the hate for Bludd. If this is the original: http://www.yojoe.com/action/83/83images/majorbludd.shtml

and this is the new one: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

I'd say he looks pretty good, and I for one am glad to get him. Now I need Scrapiron!

I may not be noticing something about him that all the rest of you are, but I like the way he looks!