Wave 4 comic packs previewed

Sephron13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are interesting but I don't understand where they are getting some of these designs. A Green Shirt Duke (this only adds to the Hawk/Duke confusion)? Shirtless Strom Shadow? Are they going to just start giving the characters new designs now?

It is possible that the Storm Shadow will have a shirt in the final release since the cover art shows him wearing a black top as oppose to be shirtless. Also, the SS looks like the DD version cept I think he is suppose to have a white shirt or gi on.

I don't understand the confusion over Storm Shadow being shirtless......on the cover of the issue that comes with the figures he is shirtless. Why the confusion.......I can see asking why they went with that design....but he is shirtless on the cover........Shipwreck isn't wearing his PFD on the cover and people aren't going puzzeled by that....

These are interesting but I don't understand where they are getting some of these designs. A Green Shirt Duke (this only adds to the Hawk/Duke confusion)? Shirtless Strom Shadow? Are they going to just start giving the characters new designs now?

It is possible that the Storm Shadow will have a shirt in the final release since the cover art shows him wearing a black top as oppose to be shirtless. Also, the SS looks like the DD version cept I think he is suppose to have a white shirt or gi on.

I don't understand the confusion over Storm Shadow being shirtless......on the cover of the issue that comes with the figures he is shirtless. Why the confusion.......I can see asking why they went with that design....but he is shirtless on the cover........Shipwreck isn't wearing his PFD on the cover and people aren't going puzzeled by that....

The reason I am questioning Storm Shadows look is because more or less until now the 25th line has had figures based on previously seen designs.

$60 more dollars my wife will look at me funny for spending. I love the comic packs, and they seem to get better as they come out. I know a lot of you do not like the Duke figure with Red Star, but considering the comics are Hama's way of telling a story that takes place between issues, we don't know why he is in a Greenshirts togs, so let's wait to see if there is an explination. I agree that it looks a little too much like Hawk (I actually switched the heads on Duke and Hawk just for fun). They could have made the body black to have secret agent Duke, but like I said, we don't know yet why Hama/Hasbro put him in the green.

I wonder what Copperhead will look like under the helmet...

These look really cool.

Shipwreck finally has a grappling hook doohicky. Copper Head is excelent, Does his helmet come off?

Firefly looks mean and Storm Shadow looks pretty cool with that outfit in figure form.

Duke I like, it's simple but more combat ready than his regular outfit. Red Star looks great. The Oktober Guard are my second favorite sub-group after the Dreadnoks.

My only complaint is the bigger crotch on Duke. I's rather him have the smaller Stalker crotch.

Yous all'er nuts, is what I think! ;)

Hasbro's really getting creative with these comics packs, finding ways to cut the line between new characters and established names razor thin...

Storm Shadow and Firefly in DDP-inspired gear was practically the battlecry of Joe fans in 2004, and now we're getting them in a better design style, with a new comic, and accessories up the wazoo! (including Storm Shadow's now-trademarked Snake-head hilt swords).

Copperhead is a solid sold, it seems even among the unimpressed, but Shipwreck not oly includes the hook and rop accessory we didnt get from the single-card release, but the life preserver almost guarantees we'll see a Cutter repaint with a new head at some point. And that's what's more important here: new characters!

And finally, each wave needs a weak link, but even by those standards, Red Star is *still* a new character, based on an original RAH line figure, and there's still a new comic included. Stinky Duke, at the end of the day, is a necessary evil and does provide good custom fodder.

My only complaint is the bigger crotch on Duke. I's rather him have the smaller Stalker crotch.

That is something that will always be funny to me.....people complaining about crotches....I know the reasoning behind it but it still is kinda funny....no?? @smilepunch@

Apparently BlackMada doesn't care about size???

What is that SS supposed to be?

G.I. Joe Issue #6 From Devil's Due Publishing

CobraCommanderStormShadow.jpg

This actually my favoirte version of Storm Shadow and been waiting for a long time to get a figure version of him, however this figure for some reason is not wearing a shirt. I hope that is changed in the final release or something. Anyone else think that Duke could easily translate into a Grunt figure?

What is that SS supposed to be?

G.I. Joe Issue #6 From Devil's Due Publishing

CobraCommanderStormShadow.jpg

This actually my favoirte version of Storm Shadow and been waiting for a long time to get a figure version of him, however this figure for some reason is not wearing a shirt. I hope that is changed in the final release or something. Anyone else think that Duke could easily translate into a Grunt figure?

Grunt would be the easiest figure to make. Just color him like that Duke but use the straps from Snake Eyes and Stalker. All he needs is a new head.

That is something that will always be funny to me.....people complaining about crotches....I know the reasoning behind it but it still is kinda funny....no?? @smilepunch@

Apparently BlackMada doesn't care about size???

I just like the newer smaller crotch because they can sit better with them. If Hasbro has the new design, why not use it? And no, I do not care about size and I don't think I should.

will be getting these for the comics but if was was buying for the figures I would be most interested in Red Star , hes a long time favorite of mine

the onnly thing is where do these comics fit in , in the overal continuity of the GI JOE Comics Im really hoping they fit in either the Marvel or DDP series or I will be a bit dissapoitned

I just like the newer smaller crotch because they can sit better with them. If Hasbro has the new design, why not use it? And no, I do not care about size and I don't think I should.

Keep in mind that Hasbro routinely uses preproduction pieces for these promo pics. You can be certain that the modified crotches will be used on figures we've seen with it before.

They just didn't have them available for press photography.

will be getting these for the comics but if was was buying for the figures I would be most interested in Red Star , hes a long time favorite of mine

the onnly thing is where do these comics fit in , in the overal continuity of the GI JOE Comics Im really hoping they fit in either the Marvel or DDP series or I will be a bit dissapoitned

It seems like the comics are all 1/2 issues that will take place between two old issues. So they can be for Marvel and DD.

Keep in mind that Hasbro routinely uses preproduction pieces for these promo pics. You can be certain that the modified crotches will be used on figures we've seen with it before.

They just didn't have them available for press photography.

I hope that is the case. Either way, I will still buy them.

It seems like the comics are all 1/2 issues that will take place between two old issues. So they can be for Marvel and DD.

I hope you are right the only thing is wave 3 actually said 32 and 1/2 or 36 and 1/2 or 21b

these just say 4 , 5, 6???

WHY?

while all the figure are impressive, I don't understand why they chose these figures @lol@

Firefly looks great, so I don't think I will be able to resist this pack. But stormy does nothing for me.

Copperhead is cool, but Shipwreck should have been Cutter... no need for two Shippies

Duke is way boring.... and Red Star? why?

anyhow, I am not going to say that they should have replaced these figures with original figures because I want all the original figures on single cards. Its okay to me if they do repaints for the comic-line or do drivers... because those figures aren't part of the single card collection.

after all is said and done.. I think Hasbro got me again

I don't know why but I like duke. Is Copperhead sharing the same uppper body as Roadblock?

Yes, and the same arms, and same useless hands, too. If anyone needs their hands changed, it's Copperhead. I'll take wrinkly skin over a useless, preshaped hand any day.

Well, you don't have to insult me for mistaken something, JERK!!! I merely mistaken his belt thingy as a shirt since the cover picture is drawn a bit differently; you can see that the strap is missing the ninja stars and that the back of the strap gives an illusion that he is wearing a v-neck shirt. Also, the strap drawn on the cover is less angular and closer than his neck as oppose to the DD art cover that some posted. Everyone makes mistakes.