Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Club Copperhead in HAND!!

#1 User is offline   Alyosha 

• Endlessly customizing my life
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

As you all know, I'm not always a big fan of some of the things that GI Joe Collector's Club does, and as a club member I feel it is my right to complain. At the same time, I can and will openly and vocally admit when they've done something uber-cool as they did here.

A nice suprise was that instead of the Blowtorch head the proto figure seemed to have, they went with the DTC Salvo, who in my opinion looks a lot more thuggish and is very appropriate for the character.

He is a little tallish, but expected given the parts. Paint is clean, and colors spot on. The only nitpicks I can make are the carrying over the wrinkly elbows and the slightly small eye dots. I'd have liked to have seem a shoulder pad added to the other side (symmetry nut) but that would have just been dreaming. Overall, this is a great Franken-Joe and a superb addition to your collection!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Alyosha 

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

JayC, please feel free to lift these pics and post them as news if you like. Thanks! Alyosha

#3 User is offline   Pit Viper 

• G.I. Joe Collector

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

I had no idea this figure was in the works.

#4 User is offline   RaginSpoon 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:17 PM

I received mine today.

#5 User is offline   PhoenixSword 

• Hello darkness my old friend

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

haven't gotten mine yet but i'll probably be trying to sell it when i do get it! i was never really a fan of water/naval forces of joe and cobra.

#6 User is offline   bluecyclone 

• Lightcycle Jockey and Master of the Game Grid

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:25 PM

I'll buy it from you if you want to sell it, PM me.

#7 User is offline   sbarrett4 

• Snakeman

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hey Aly, looks almost as nice as one of your customs.

Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow, I was on vacation all last week and had the mail stopped.

#8 User is offline   majik40 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:37 PM

I got mine Saturday. It looks great to me.

#9 User is offline   GIJoeKing65 

• Andorian

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

I got mine today! Master Collector is really hitting the mark lately with the convention set and the member fig. Like PheonixSword, I have downsized my naval collection quite a bit for both Joe and Cobra, but it is still nice to have an update of this fig.

#10 User is offline   MaceWinduPreview 

• AKA Thurman Merman....

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:21 PM

I got mine today and I really like it, it was one of the best Club figures they have had in a while.

#11 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:56 AM

I like the choice of head sculpt for him as well Aly, and of course the removable helmet is always a cool feature when it works as well as this one works.

However, the rest of the figure doesn't really strike me as being Cooperhead. :(

I always thought of Copperhead as being pretty much a swamp rat (not the same as the character swamp rat) and even closer to being a something of a Dreadnok himself. Practically wearing nothing but a "wife beater" t-shirt and some gloves. The pants design on the original were kinda funky, but he had some good swamp boots on and he was pretty muscular.

This MC version doesn't capture that....imo.

He's too Sci-Fi looking and doesn't look properly outfitted for his function.

Obviously, I had to throw a photoshop together, to demonstrate what I would of had in mind (and probably will still do for myself as a custom) for making a new Copperhead figure...

Posted Image

You wouldn't happen to have that removable helmet in a cast would ya? :)

#12 User is offline   Alyosha 

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hey guys. I did want to point out that this figure is from the GI Joe Collector's Club, and that Mastercollector is merely the name of the magazine that publishes the newsletter. Credit where it's due and all that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us