TNI Forums: Will The OT Cast Return For The Sequels? - TNI Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will The OT Cast Return For The Sequels?

#26 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I don't think Ford was official yet. He had just expressed interest in reprising the role. I think now it's a done deal and the details have been finalized maybe with his agent or whatever.

For me it simply boils down to the fact that there was speculation that there might be more movies beyond Episode VI ever since I was a kid, and now that it's gonna be a reality, I want to see the original cast in a new Star Wars movie one more time. Sentimental? Nostalgic? You bet. To me that's a little more important than serving some sort of framework for storytelling. If you have a good framework for the story and the heart and soul of old familiar friends in the form of beloved characters, then that's the best of both worlds. They can always do more films without them later, and from the looks of it, that's what Disney plans on doing anyway.

#27 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Scarlet
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 17 February 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

View PostJoeRhyno, on 17 February 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Someitmes, I don't get you guys:

Don't recast the characters...

Don't have it a "passing the torch" movie...

What do you expect them to do, if it's set in the same time as the original trilogy, only when they're older, they're going to have to show them some how. Even if it's set off in the distant future, and say it's Luke or Han & Leia's grandkids, they'll still have to show/talk/do something about the older characters... no matter what. They can't just start the movie, like none of the other stuff ever happened. Then some of you would be here arguing that they're crapping on 30 years of fandom, lol... I guess some will say that no matter what they choose to do. @loll@

You make it sound that any new Star Wars MUST feature older versions of familiar characters or descendants of familiar characters to work. Or you are speaking that it is what all "fans" generally expect, and possibly cant live without? God forbid the characters have no real attachment to past characters/ships/planets/imagry. As if the name "Star Wars" alone couldnt carry a completely original story...but hey, its all about playing it safe while maximizing the bottom line potential $$

Mainly because we're talking about Episode 7,8,9. They're a continuation of Episodes 1-6... how can they NOT have familiar characters in them? I totally understand if you throw a Old Republic movie out there, or some spin off with whole new characters and slapped SW on it, it'd sell, no doubt about it.. but the fact of the matter is, they're labeling the next movie EPISODE 7. Even if they're only mentioned by name.. Episode 7 will most likely have some sort of mention of previous characters.

#28 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

exactly.. Episode 7 MUST contain the characters that were alive at the end of Episode 6. And to me, they HAVE to be the same actors. So if that means Episode 7 take place 20-25 years after Return of the Jedi, that's fine with me.

Unless you want to see a TON of story recap in that yellow font at beginning of the movie. The opening would have to be 30 minutes long just to tell us what happened to Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewbacca, C3PO, R2D2, etc

#29 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Harrison Ford Returning To 'Star Wars: Episode VII' As Han Solo?

#30 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Mark Hamill Confirms Himself, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Anthony Daniels Are in Talks for Star Wars: Episode VII

http://jediinsider.c...43&itemid=14546

#31 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Scarlet
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Not really confirms... it's just Mark Hamill stating what is going on, lol.

" but no one actor has officially signed on. "

Still, cool that they're talking right now.

#32 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

I still think Ford will say no

#33 User is offline   shokker 

• Jackleman

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

The new trilogy wont be based on the old characters. They just pop up and say hi. The buzz is created with them because so manny relate to them. The story will focus on new not yet introduced characters.

#34 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

I don't want to See Luke Skywalker in an Obi-Wan role.. I want to see Luke be LUKE.

Dark Empire would be a cool way to go with him

#35 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 20 February 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Mark Hamill Confirms Himself, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Anthony Daniels Are in Talks for Star Wars: Episode VII

http://jediinsider.c...43&itemid=14546

Last I heard, Kenny Baker & Peter Mayhew were having health problems, I wonder if they'll be included? (Moreso for Mayhew's mannerisms as Chewie)

#36 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

They have to bring the original actors back....it will make it easier to make actions figures of them with existing molds!

#37 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

the idea of the old cast showing up is looking and sounding better day by day...

#38 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

I would rather have drunk Carrie Fisher playing an older Princess Leia than have them recast her role and feature a young Leia

#39 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Carrie Fisher on returning for the sequels

#40 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

What do you think Princess Leia is like today?

"Elderly. She’s in an intergalactic old folks’ home [laughs].

I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle...."

She might as well have said "I feel obligated to do a cameo if offered. It should be fun"

Fun is fun, but there's nothing really funny about this. If you go into it with that "old farts passing the torch attitude" this clunker could write itself. Cant wait for the inevitable "getting too old for this" cliches.

If the original cast is gonna be involved, I need the old heroes to be or at least sound more proactive...the least they could do is lie to us about it in interviews and sound excited

#41 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Mark, Carrie and Harrison Good For Episode VII According To George

#42 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Sorry, Wicket...no...
http://www.ign.com/a...s-a-light-saber

#43 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

I gotta say, this caught me off-guard, but, Mark Hamill is now the same age Alec Guiness was during ANH (+/- a year) :huh:

Also, if you're interested, a few Facebook pages (just for fun, lol)
Bring back Chewbacca Star Wars Episode VII

Bring Back Wedge Antilles For the Third Star Wars Trilogy

John Williams MUST do the music for Star Wars Episodes VII, VIII, & IX.

Anybody know of any others?

#44 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostBespin refugee, on 16 March 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Too many demands for fan catering riding on this movie already. Try and please em all, and please no one.

Everyone's got a "Well, if theyre gonna do sequels with Luke and Co., then they gotta have_____." This is probably a top reason to start fresh in the Star Wars Universe.

#45 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Baroness

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 16 March 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

Too many demands for fan catering riding on this movie already. Try and please em all, and please no one.

Very true. Everyone has a little fan fiction in their mind about what happens next. "Wedge becomes the supreme star fighter pilot in all the galaxy and leads Rogue Squad in countless victories against the Empire!!!!"

I had a little fantasy about Jedi Wicket, but I'm going to stop short of making a Facebook page for it.

The thing is, if this franchise is gonna movie FORWARD, you need new characters (this is where things get dicey because, well...Hollywood isn't very good at coming up with NEW ideas these days, are they?) if you fill up the next movies with too many more than the Big Three, you're gonna see a lot of overcrouding of old guys that will not hold the interest of a new audience over the course of three movies. So if they're smart, they're not going to spend too much time telling the "what's-yor-favorite-second-and-third-teer-characters-up-to-these-days" story.

#46 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Baroness

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostBespin refugee, on 16 March 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Mark Hamill is now the same age Alec Guiness was during ANH (+/- a year) :huh:

*gasp!* It's like poetry!

:D

#47 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Honestly, I'm only really interested in seeing the 'main 7' (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Lando, and the droids) in the sequels, if Wedge shows up in a Dodonna/Rieekan/Madine/easter egg bkground role, great, if not, meh.

#48 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

I just hope they don't go overboard with recycled lines from the original trilogy, like they've done to death with The Clone Wars. I mean, yeah...it was fun the few times they popped-up in the prequels, and they have to work in "I've got a bad feeling about this!" somewhere in the new films of course, but...I just hate how every other line in the show seems to be a recycled line. It gets old really quick.

#49 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Rat King

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostDevilbat, on 18 March 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I just hope they don't go overboard with recycled lines from the original trilogy...

same here, but that's not going to stop me from speculating that they will over in the "Speculation" thread

just hope they resist some cutesy, or pathetic, nod to "It's a Trap"...we've run that one so far into the ground outside of SW

#50 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Heres a question will we see any stories from the books meshed together or will we see something totally new

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us