TNI Forums: GIJoe 25th Anniversary Single Carded Series 2 & 3 Hi-Res Images - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIJoe 25th Anniversary Single Carded Series 2 & 3 Hi-Res Images Enjoy

#51 User is offline   Jase 

  • Skeletor
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,635
  • Joined: 07-October 01

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on Aug 26 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

yeah, I'm hoping we get the twins in a 2pack like the classic ones, I loved that packaging.



Has "Convention Exclusive" written ALL over it.

#52 User is offline   DPrime 

  • Happy to be back...
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,875
  • Joined: 26-July 03

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

View PostJase, on Aug 26 2007, 03:18 PM, said:

View PostJoeRhyno, on Aug 26 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

yeah, I'm hoping we get the twins in a 2pack like the classic ones, I loved that packaging.



Has "Convention Exclusive" written ALL over it.


Ugh, I hope not. Too many people jumping on the GI Joe bandwagon when it comes to the exclusives, it seems! I don't really care if I don't own something like PDD, but any "normal" characters should be available to anyone...

Crimson Twins in red is a good idea though. Those seemed to go over well.

#53 User is offline   SteelBrigade 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 19
  • Joined: 02-August 07

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

These look great! Can't waint till they show up in stores! I like everything except the blue eyes on Stalker & how Lady Jaye's hair looks as it meets her cap... And I still think Shipwreck's face doesn't look right... But Firefly, Buzzer, Serpentor, & especially Red Ninja & Beach Head all look superb! #US1#

#54 User is offline   Jase 

  • Skeletor
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,635
  • Joined: 07-October 01

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

View PostDPrime, on Aug 26 2007, 07:23 PM, said:

View PostJase, on Aug 26 2007, 03:18 PM, said:

View PostJoeRhyno, on Aug 26 2007, 12:31 PM, said:

yeah, I'm hoping we get the twins in a 2pack like the classic ones, I loved that packaging.



Has "Convention Exclusive" written ALL over it.


Ugh, I hope not. Too many people jumping on the GI Joe bandwagon when it comes to the exclusives, it seems! I don't really care if I don't own something like PDD, but any "normal" characters should be available to anyone...

Crimson Twins in red is a good idea though. Those seemed to go over well.


I hope not as well! It just seems that a 2-pk wouldn't fit into the retail aisle sets. Are you saying that PDD isn't normal? @smilepunch@

#55 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

Beach Head: Nice. Not sure about the crossbow thing on his backpack. I understand it's "reminiscent" of the original, but doesn't look all that great. Wonder if it is removable.

Serpentor: I like it. Never really been a fan of the character/mold, but this one is okay. What's with the Klingon weapon he's got?

Buzzer: Wierd pose makes me think that chainsaw is pretty "unwieldy" for the figure to hold. I wonder if people will give him the version 1 saw if it is? I doubt it. Beyond that, they just BETTER do the other $%#$# Dreadnoks (at least Ripper and Torch)!

Lady Jaye: Better "up close" but still has that crappy "Baroness crotch" thing going:

Posted Image

WTF? Also, the "javelin launcher" was ALWAYS a stupid weapon. Who the hell carries around a one shot weapon as a primary weapon? At lest the toon version had a quiver of javelins.

Cobra/Cobra Officer: Whichever guy that supposed to be. They STILL can't find an AK to give him? And that silver emblem as a "nod to the Viper Pilot" is a lame excuse for them screwing up. Kinda like they way the Python Officer and Python Trooper suddenly switched bodies.

Red Ninja: Personally, I'm sick of the "Red Ninjas" but, as reuses go...I'd rather had the Ninja-Viper. This one is adequate. What's with the "grabber" thing?

Zartan: I like him. Always thought the orginal "shirtless one" was kinda weird in that way. Why didn't they give him a pistol (like the original) or "ninja" stuff? Oh, and the Cobra symbol SUCKS.

Shipwreck: Looks better "up close" (less "Popeye" looking). And, as mentioned, he's got way too many buttons. But that fist....WTF? Why does he have a holster with, what appears to be, a REMOVABLE GUN on his right side if he can't use it? Oh, right, THIS time around "the gun was meant to fit into the holster, NOT the character's hand".

Anyone get the reference? @firedevil@


Stalker: The colors, I don't mind too much (not that they couldn't be DARKER or GREENER). What's with the knife? Does it not fit into the sheath? And does he have like vericose veins on his left hand or what? ;)

Firefly: The fact he and Beach Head use the same body (but different heads) is a little weird, but the accessories differentiate them pretty well.

Jet Pack Trooper: Where does this guy "come from"? Was he in the comics? Probably so since the web gear is painted "comic colors". Suppose it works okay for him.

Cobra Commander: Wasted slot. 'Nuff said.

Comic Cobra: Meh. It would be cool if that gun came out of the harness.

Storm Shadow: Wasted Slot. Can't really even "army build" him.

Stinger Driver: Really the only reason people will get the set and that's pretty sad. I fully expect to see a ton of CC and Storm Shadow on ebay and maybe not so many Jet Pack Troopers and Comic Cobras.

#56 User is offline   Rodimus Primal 

  • Skeletor
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8,623
  • Joined: 17-March 03

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

I like them ALL. Looks like I'll be doing customs on Storm Shadows afterall.

#57 User is offline   firefly69 

  • Cobra Viper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 502
  • Joined: 30-October 05

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:20 PM

I like them all, these are going to look amazing together. I know viper hunter says these are just different, but I think the new technology is going to win people over. If they can make them more durable in the future these will be winners. The calssic packaging and classic looks on a lot of the figures look great. I can't see any of the original ARAH beating these. Its like comparing classic cars to new ones, some times you get a classic aston martin lamborghini or ferrari that looks better than the new ones but more often than not they end up looking dated.

I love all wave three and most of wave 2. Serpentor is ok, and beachhead is cool, but his head looks weird. I will still get one of each.

I am not convinced on the cobra 5 pack though....

#58 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:10 AM

View Postfirefly69, on Aug 30 2007, 12:20 AM, said:

I like them all, these are going to look amazing together. I know viper hunter says these are just different, but I think the new technology is going to win people over. If they can make them more durable in the future these will be winners. The calssic packaging and classic looks on a lot of the figures look great. I can't see any of the original ARAH beating these. Its like comparing classic cars to new ones, some times you get a classic aston martin lamborghini or ferrari that looks better than the new ones but more often than not they end up looking dated.

I love all wave three and most of wave 2. Serpentor is ok, and beachhead is cool, but his head looks weird. I will still get one of each.

I am not convinced on the cobra 5 pack though....


Well they LOOK impressive (I haven't had the chance to open them up and play with them yet). If they cold make some SIMPLE fixes, they would win over more people.

#59 User is offline   Cobra Command 

  • I don`t suck anymore!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,673
  • Joined: 20-April 05

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:33 AM

Anyone else think that Serpy should have come with both Comic Pack helmets instead of just the DD? I think that would have helped some peoples opinion of the new look since it isn`t too far from the original. Maybe they will do the First helmet version with the Chariout pack in? Anyways besides Stalker (who I will still buy a bunch of for customs), these look pretty good!

#60 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

View PostCobra Command, on Aug 30 2007, 05:33 AM, said:

Anyone else think that Serpy should have come with both Comic Pack helmets instead of just the DD? I think that would have helped some peoples opinion of the new look since it isn`t too far from the original. Maybe they will do the First helmet version with the Chariout pack in? Anyways besides Stalker (who I will still buy a bunch of for customs), these look pretty good!


It is commonly believed that a "version 1" accurate Serpentor is coming further down the line.

#61 User is offline   Eric 

  • Zartan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,233
  • Joined: 12-June 03

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

View Postpesatyel, on Aug 30 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostCobra Command, on Aug 30 2007, 05:33 AM, said:

Anyone else think that Serpy should have come with both Comic Pack helmets instead of just the DD? I think that would have helped some peoples opinion of the new look since it isn`t too far from the original. Maybe they will do the First helmet version with the Chariout pack in? Anyways besides Stalker (who I will still buy a bunch of for customs), these look pretty good!


It is commonly believed that a "version 1" accurate Serpentor is coming further down the line.


And I hope it comes soon. I'm a Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes whore, so they're about the only ones I want multiples of. To have two different Serpentors would only offend my Storm Shadows and Snake Eyeses. :D

#62 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

View PostEric, on Aug 31 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on Aug 30 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostCobra Command, on Aug 30 2007, 05:33 AM, said:

Anyone else think that Serpy should have come with both Comic Pack helmets instead of just the DD? I think that would have helped some peoples opinion of the new look since it isn`t too far from the original. Maybe they will do the First helmet version with the Chariout pack in? Anyways besides Stalker (who I will still buy a bunch of for customs), these look pretty good!


It is commonly believed that a "version 1" accurate Serpentor is coming further down the line.


And I hope it comes soon. I'm a Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes whore, so they're about the only ones I want multiples of. To have two different Serpentors would only offend my Storm Shadows and Snake Eyeses. :D


Well, I mentioned in an earlier post that I think they are "testing the waters" to see if fans would be accepting of DD style figures (which, I'm presuming, is where this Serpentor came from). We know a lot of people, here, want figures of DD Storm Shadow, Zandar and Wraith. But Hasbro might see enough "want" to produce them.

Hence this Serpentor (and Zartan, I think too).

#63 User is offline   Eric 

  • Zartan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,233
  • Joined: 12-June 03

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

View Postpesatyel, on Sep 1 2007, 12:28 AM, said:

View PostEric, on Aug 31 2007, 09:15 PM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on Aug 30 2007, 11:31 PM, said:

View PostCobra Command, on Aug 30 2007, 05:33 AM, said:

Anyone else think that Serpy should have come with both Comic Pack helmets instead of just the DD? I think that would have helped some peoples opinion of the new look since it isn`t too far from the original. Maybe they will do the First helmet version with the Chariout pack in? Anyways besides Stalker (who I will still buy a bunch of for customs), these look pretty good!


It is commonly believed that a "version 1" accurate Serpentor is coming further down the line.


And I hope it comes soon. I'm a Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes whore, so they're about the only ones I want multiples of. To have two different Serpentors would only offend my Storm Shadows and Snake Eyeses. :D


Well, I mentioned in an earlier post that I think they are "testing the waters" to see if fans would be accepting of DD style figures (which, I'm presuming, is where this Serpentor came from). We know a lot of people, here, want figures of DD Storm Shadow, Zandar and Wraith. But Hasbro might see enough "want" to produce them.

Hence this Serpentor (and Zartan, I think too).


And I'll be buying this first Serpentor, if for no other reason than I want a MOC collection, so hopefully there are others like me which leads Hasbro to do Devil's Due versions of characters people truly want like the ones you mentioned.

#64 User is offline   Inggasson 

  • VICTORY OR VALHALLA!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,682
  • Joined: 16-October 05

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:11 AM

I am TOTALLY marking out for Buzzer.

#65 User is offline   Mr Creed 

  • Mouser
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 16-February 04

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:04 PM

I must say im really liking all these figures, i do wish we got a crimson guard or major bludd or some other heirarchy member instead of the red ninja, and being that Zartan is my favorite character i do wish we got a version 1 look of him...but im really feeling this different look for him, it still says Zartan all over it so im happy. Hopefully we will get him with his Chameleon later which seems to be a very probable idea since that is how he was first released, same with Serpentor. two thumbs up from me on all these.

#66 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

View PostMr Creed, on Sep 1 2007, 03:04 PM, said:

I must say im really liking all these figures, i do wish we got a crimson guard or major bludd or some other heirarchy member instead of the red ninja, and being that Zartan is my favorite character i do wish we got a version 1 look of him...but im really feeling this different look for him, it still says Zartan all over it so im happy. Hopefully we will get him with his Chameleon later which seems to be a very probable idea since that is how he was first released, same with Serpentor. two thumbs up from me on all these.


Chameleon, yeah, that would be cool. Would people be put off it if was the original (ie, they had the mold and could do it)? Or would it HAVE to be a NEW mold.

As for his "version 1" look, except for the removable thigh things and chest plate, this IS his verison 1 look, essentially.

Posted Image Posted Image

Yeah, I know my painting is pretty crude, but that shirt is essentially the ONLY difference. And I think the only reason the chest plate and thigh things were removable was to put that heat-sensitive stickers inside.

#67 User is offline   Mr Creed 

  • Mouser
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 261
  • Joined: 16-February 04

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

it really is pretty similar to the version 1 besides the shirt and his shoulder armor is different (classic style is scerrated), his knee plates are black instead of silver and his boots should be grey and the silver should be black(i know im very particular) but he is pretty close, which is why im liking him, its a nice/different update ya know

#68 User is offline   Blackjack 

  • Carpe Noctum
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,026
  • Joined: 05-December 03

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:25 AM

View Postpesatyel, on Aug 27 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

Jet Pack Trooper: Where does this guy "come from"? Was he in the comics? Probably so since the web gear is painted "comic colors". Suppose it works okay for him.


He is from one of the old Marvel comics. There was a comic 3-pack that came with 2 of them and Lady Jaye. The comic that came with them actually only featured those troops in one shot, getting out of a truck.

Could anyone direct me to the picture of the card back that showed sillouettes of Snow Job, Crimson Guards, etc...?

#69 User is offline   Pit Viper 

  • G.I. Joe Collector
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,374
  • Joined: 30-September 03

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:11 AM

The Jet Pack Trooper is a new character based on the Gas Mask Troopers from the comic. Basically though it's the same guy with different equipment.

#70 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:38 AM

View PostBlackjack, on Sep 16 2007, 01:25 AM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on Aug 27 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

Jet Pack Trooper: Where does this guy "come from"? Was he in the comics? Probably so since the web gear is painted "comic colors". Suppose it works okay for him.


He is from one of the old Marvel comics. There was a comic 3-pack that came with 2 of them and Lady Jaye. The comic that came with them actually only featured those troops in one shot, getting out of a truck.

Could anyone direct me to the picture of the card back that showed sillouettes of Snow Job, Crimson Guards, etc...?


I don't think that applies, really. I think they just slapped parts together to make the figure and that he isn't "real". Might depend on how they do the filecard.

Though it looks like the helmet/gas mask are removable. And it's nice to see the J.U.M.P. again.


Posted Image

#71 User is offline   Devilbat 

  • "Do or do not...there is no try."
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 10-December 01

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

Are those last two silhouettes of Version 1 Snake-Eyes and Flash?! If so, cool!!

#72 User is offline   CapnJeffro 

  • Horde Trooper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,464
  • Joined: 23-September 02

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

View PostDevil Bat, on Sep 16 2007, 10:45 AM, said:

Are those last two silhouettes of Version 1 Snake-Eyes and Flash?! If so, cool!!


Yup, its a single carded SE v1 (probably all black?) and Flash.

#73 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

View PostJase, on Aug 27 2007, 12:23 AM, said:

Are you saying that PDD isn't normal? @smilepunch@


Not really, no, it isn't. It's more of a "novelty" thing like the original.

Part of it is that we already HAVE a Destro, so the con exclusive was fine for those that wanted one. Also, the figure doesn't really fit in with the other characters, other than as a novelty, and yes that includes the weirdos like Raptor. I mean "Pimp-Daddy"?

Look at all the complaints about Botcon with them doing Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge in Classics.

The best answer, though, is exclusives suck.

#74 User is offline   Rama Sha 

  • Tosche Station Pimp
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,772
  • Joined: 22-October 03

Posted 17 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

View Postpesatyel, on Sep 17 2007, 02:29 AM, said:

View PostJase, on Aug 27 2007, 12:23 AM, said:

Are you saying that PDD isn't normal? @smilepunch@



Look at all the complaints about Botcon with them doing Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge in Classics.

The best answer, though, is exclusives suck.



Yeah. The Joe team has always seemed to be smarter about this sort of stuff then the Transfromer team does. They seem to understand what they can and can't get away with without making a large number of the fans POed, but still making those that go happy. I think the TF team just greenlights anything that Brian Savage puts on their desks if they don't have plans for it in the next 6 months. And then when it backfires they have to make excuses as to why they did it, like that retailers won't buy more then three repaints/remolds of a mold. Which the Joe line has shown to be untrue considering the Trooper alone has 5 in less then six months and SS and CC each have 4 a piece. Course that was more of a Hasbro defender excuse, I don't think anyone at Hasbro said that. Ot that they didn't know that the line was going to continue when they green lighted it. Which isn't an excuse just a lack of foresight and further proof that they don't understand as they thought the line wouldn't sell well enough to continue.

So I don't think the Joe team will be dumb enough to make the Crimson Twins a con exclusive, but if Aaron Archer ever becomes head of the Joe brand then you better just abandon all hope.

#75 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

  • Two are better than one
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,778
  • Joined: 12-June 04

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

Got to looking at this auction on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/gi-joe-25th-anniversar...1QQcmdZViewItem

And I noticed that either buzzer is really short, or Serpentor is really big. I hadn't really seen any of these figures that close to one another before, but there does seem to be a sizable difference between the two.

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us