G.I.Joe: Rise Of Cobra Movie Clip Online

punishment-101

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing this, I'm thinking this movie might actually be good. :)

Makes ya wonder if its even the same movie that we've been talkin about

Or maybe some people were taking what little was known, and what they had to guess at, or what was rumoured all out of proportion.

Or maybe some people were taking what little was known, and what they had to guess at, or what was rumoured all out of proportion.

Exactly. Even with this trailer, we still have VERY little to go on.

Well here is what I have as an opinion from watching the trailer.

1) Destro (Eccelston) is probably going to steal the movie. Those few tidbits with him seem to really make him stand out.

2) Outside of Destro, it looks like the movie's breakout stars are going to be SE, SS and Baroness. Which is probably a good thing if those fight scenes with SS/SE are any indication.

3) It looks like some pretty epic battles, although that quick underwater shot doesn't really do anything for me...yet.

4) The story/dialogue doesn't seem to be all that good, especially Hawk. However, as others have said, it is still way too early to get a good sense.

So, this has alleviated some of my growing concerns, but trailers tend to do what they can to sell a movie. That means you usually see some of the best, or all of the best, parts of a movie in them. Further information will be needed.

Although I think the SS/SE battle(s) are going to be great.

Exactly. Even with this trailer, we still have VERY little to go on.

I disagree to a point, and I'll explain why:

Bear in mind that I have ASSUMPTIONS and guesses about the trailer here--so take the following with a grain of salt.

I've stop-framed the entire trailer a few times now, so I have a good idea of all the shots therein.

Now, I can only guess at the story points here, so I might be wrong about some things. One of the bits that stood out for me was the bit with the Eiffel Tower, the exo-suited "Joes" and the gymnastics in the streets to avoid the missile fire.

My own story sense says this will be an early sequence in the film. I think that because the destruction of a major landmark is a set-up for motivations later on. Putting the destruction of the tower near the start signals the stacking of the deck--the revelation of the building conflict.

It MIGHT be a result of something in the climax of the film, that the Joes fail to stop such an attack as a set-up for the second film, BUT.......that tends to go against the grain of how modern films often work. Frankly, not many people outside of France are going give a hoot that the Eiffel Tower falls due to terrorist action--so placing it as the climactic event in a movie makes little sense to me.

The exo suit stuff APPEARS to also take place in Paris--because of the low-rise European style architecture.

Now.......what are the two suited guys doing?

They are jumping at and crashing into a commuter train, also in Paris.

This is what is called a "tubular assault" in Counter terror tactics. Usually the assault is made by dropping assault teams from a helicopter onto the moving vehicle.

Its a tough thing to pull off because its so easy to spot the assaulters.

But.........if you have technology that allows you to make a surprise attack AND survive the attempt, then a exosuit and smashing. through the windows of the moving train is how it'd probably be done.

Going THROUGH the windows is a classic entry method of tubular assaults, so the action shown jibes with that.

I ASSUME that once they are on board the train, they'll promptly drop some terrorists holding the passengers and train hostage. I have to ASSUME they are Joes, because later on they are avoiding missile fire in the street, its probably safe assume the heroes are not stupid enough to carelessly fire missiles in a urban setting like that.

Now, what does that say?

Well, it tells me there's something thinking behind the "military fantasy"--which is where GIJOE really can shine. The use of technology to enhance tactics is where the best fantasy elements have always come from inb the toy-line, and I think the movie is reflecting that.

The underwater shot tells me there's a spectacular set-piece taking place in that environment, the Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow shots say they will have some kind of clash--probably at the climax.

Detsro having words with Hawk says there's obviously some kind of build up of confrontation between the two forces, and the group money-shot in the PITT tells me they are going to play up the visual candy.

I see spectacle, I see conflicts established, I see action bits that look interesting.

It could all work well if the story plays out smartly.

It could say some things that might go against the fans grain, but in the end, I don't think that will matter very much.

The big question is whether or not the story gets stupid anywhere, or if the concepts proposed become so out-to-lunch that they just bounce off the audiences collective skulls. I do not get that sense with the footage though, as it reads like a straightforward action-adventure military fantasy romp.

Which, IMO, is all it needs to be.

Well here is what I have as an opinion from watching the trailer.

1) Destro (Eccelston) is probably going to steal the movie. Those few tidbits with him seem to really make him stand out.

2) Outside of Destro, it looks like the movie's breakout stars are going to be SE, SS and Baroness. Which is probably a good thing if those fight scenes with SS/SE are any indication.

3) It looks like some pretty epic battles, although that quick underwater shot doesn't really do anything for me...yet.

4) The story/dialogue doesn't seem to be all that good, especially Hawk. However, as others have said, it is still way too early to get a good sense.

So, this has alleviated some of my growing concerns, but trailers tend to do what they can to sell a movie. That means you usually see some of the best, or all of the best, parts of a movie in them. Further information will be needed.

Although I think the SS/SE battle(s) are going to be great.

I think the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow stuff is going to be overdone. They did the same thing with Spytroops and Valor vs Venom, focusing a ton on them fighting.

Were the Joes always that...acrobatic?

Fairly sure the guys jumping into the train and doing the matrix moves in the street are Destro's troops. I didn't see the Joes doing all that much of anything in the trailer outside of Snake Eyes.

Still don't get why they didn't color code the Joes uniforms. Would it have been so awful to put a little yellow and green on Scarlett? Or green on Duke? Hell, I would have taken all of the Joes in camo. Why are 75% of the movies characters wearing black? I get the feeling that this is going to look like transformers, in the fight scenes you'll have trouble telling the good guys from the bad.

Louis

man i tell ya i saw the shipwreck figure looks very sigma 6. and i am a fan of the toyline so seeing this as sigma 6 makes it better. yep, nay sayers can #$#@# and moan but basicly this is for the new generation of children and hopefully GIJOE will continue to exist for the next 25 years or more.

I guess this would be consided spoilerish though I think its become fairly common knowledge, but hightlight anyway below if you want to read.

It's my understanding they have these special body suits that give them somewhat superhuman type abilities to run really fast and jump really high, which if you ask me is kinda lame.

I guess this would be consided spoilerish though I think its become fairly common knowledge, but hightlight anyway below if you want to read.

It's my understanding they have these special body suits that give them somewhat superhuman type abilities to run really fast and jump really high, which if you ask me is kinda lame.

Nah, JayC--I think its a logical extension of proposed/in-development real-world tech. Its used dramatically in the story, which is probably its only "flaw"--but using it in the manner shown makes sense to me.

I liked the underwater scene and SE jumping from the plane.