G.I. Joe: Retaliation In IMAX 3D Theaters For One Week Only

The Wire

They probably don't make a lot. But there is only so many IMAX theaters available and IMAX must figure there is another movie coming the following week for IMAX that will make more money off the space than GIJoe. In other words someone doesn't feel GIJoe will pull in enough people to make it worth their while to occupy the limited space for more than a week.

It could run two weeks. It opens on March 29th and the next IMAX rlease isn't until April 12th with Oblivion, unless that's the week that Jurassic Park opens in it's limited run (but I don't think they had a date yet other than "April 2013"). I can sort of understand why movies like Top Gun (which I can't wait to see in 3D), Jurassi Park and even Raiders of the Lost Ark get limited runs. But to have a brand new movie that could potentially make them a lot of money only run for a week is borderline stupid.

On a side note I thought it was stupid when they released Hunger Games in IMAX for only a week last year. Imagine how much money it would have made for the company if it had been there for a longer time. But then if I have the chance of seeing a movie in IMAX or regular, I'll go to the IMAX showwing every time.

I agree, IMAX everytime, it's worth it. I'm wondering if the showing at Joecon will be in IMAX ?

I doubt it. Usually screenings like that aren't on Imax screens.

hopefully we will know in advance, I'll see it twice, but i only want to splurge for imax 3d once. Come to think of it, it might be a little anticlimactic to see it again at the con if i've already seen it in imax.

Had some time to kill yesterday so I went and saw Hansel and Gretel in IMAX. Before the actual movie they had a preview of the Joe movie, a full scene and then a new trailer. The scene was really cool and got me excited to see the movie in IMAX. But I will admit that some of the action seemed really fast, slmot to the point of being "too fast" or really blurry.

On a side note, right before I went to the movie I stopped by Marshall's to see if they had the variant Dollar General figures as has been reported over at the Tank and they did. So I took the figure along with a pair of pants up to the register to pay and the cashier, who was a older lady in her 50's, asked me if I was going to see the new movie when she saw the figure I was buying. I told her yes and she said she had seen the preview at the IMAX theatre over the weekend and she thought it looked like it might be fun to go see. SO there you go, people are starting to take notice that the movie is coming out.

never actually been in marshells, so they have guy clothes too? Wasn't Ross or TJ max or something only women's clothes that had Joes showing up in them?

As far as I know, all those stores have guys clothes. Ross is called Ross: Dress for less, but that means to dress... not a dress, LOL. They may have 20x as many clothes for women then men, but they still have them.

Yep, I agree, I still remember some small mom & pop convience stores in the middle of TX that had some vintage Joes and Star Wars figures on their pegs, lol.. this is late 80s/early 90s when I was in grade school. I remember seeing them and wondering if my brother would like them, but then I moved up here to IL, then later the internet hit and I always wondered what happened to those... lol