TNI Forums: New DCUC Batman & Superman 2-packs in Stores August! - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New DCUC Batman & Superman 2-packs in Stores August!

#1 User is offline   JayC 

  • ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,083
  • Joined: 04-June 02

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:30 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...10&itemid=14517

#2 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Baxter Stockman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,694
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

View PostJayC, on May 27 2009, 05:30 PM, said:



August?! all the online retailers had April/May expected...guess that was way off. damn

#3 User is offline   simplez 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 111
  • Joined: 04-January 09

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

Same "closing of the factory" problems, I guess. hence the delay?

#4 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Superman and Brainiac look AWESOME
The way they are posed are AWESOME
Superman with red eye are not so awesome..........

I am betting they purposely made Superman's eyes red to keep off having a definitive Superman for DCUC, they are holding off because a single pack figure will probably sell more. As of right now the red eye Superman is the closest thing we will have. Also when did they decide to release these to TRU and grocery stores??? So the only people they are excuding is Walmart and Target, plus that store Meijers that people on the (yee haw) Mid-West go to?

#5 User is offline   Riker 

  • shubway
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,120
  • Joined: 17-February 03

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

superpowers1986, that sig is awesome! Where can I get a CC costume like that?! #US1#

The two packs look great! This is the best line out there right now, but my wallet is hurting too much.

#6 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 739
  • Joined: 01-April 08

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

I hope I can find these without having to resort to ebay.

#7 User is offline   TheDarkKnight 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 24-October 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

The mud splatters and red eyes are keeping me from picking these up.

#8 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

  • What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 5,411
  • Joined: 04-October 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

View PostRiker, on May 27 2009, 05:58 PM, said:

superpowers1986, that sig is awesome! Where can I get a CC costume like that?! #US1#

The two packs look great! This is the best line out there right now, but my wallet is hurting too much.


thanks man, but that is not me in the costume but I am waiting for some more money to at least get that helmet. but I sure do know where you can get one and the constume

check below
here is for the costume
http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-Cobra-Commande...%3A1%7C294%3A50

costume with hood
http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-Cobra-Commande...%3A1%7C294%3A50

there are also black and alternate outfit versions!

Now this is what I am waiting for Santa to bring me
http://cgi.ebay.com/25th-GI-Joe-Cobra-Comm...=item414637d248

#9 User is offline   CybertronianArtifacts 

  • Soul Crusher
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 438
  • Joined: 18-February 09

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:41 PM

I hope I see these at TRU before my BBTS preorder come up.

#10 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Baxter Stockman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,694
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

View PostCybertronianArtifacts, on May 27 2009, 05:41 PM, said:

I hope I see these at TRU before my BBTS preorder come up.


agreed...ive got mine ordered at cornerstorecomics, but id love to use my TRU employee discount if i could

#11 User is offline   MrImpossible 

  • Foot Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 405
  • Joined: 18-January 09

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

The thread title threw me off, big time...

Perhaps you can head-swap with the DCSH Wave 2 Supes?

#12 User is offline   EldestSon 

  • Borg
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,591
  • Joined: 25-April 09

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

I wish Bats wasn't muddy...but I'll still get it for Clayface (who I missed because the only batman DCSH I saw was Nightwing).

I have the DCSH Supes so I don't care about the red eyes (actually, for me it's a variant sort of so it's cool). Brainiac looks rockin tho.

#13 User is offline   MisterPL 

  • Mouser
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 230
  • Joined: 09-June 01

  Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

No interest in Fecal Attack Batman. Sorry.

#14 User is offline   Dilios 

  • Random Hero
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 406
  • Joined: 16-April 07

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

Well at least those who missed Clayface have a chance to pick him up.
But i gotta agree with MisterPL, the poopy sprayed batman doesnt look very good...

#15 User is offline   MrImpossible 

  • Foot Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 405
  • Joined: 18-January 09

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

Had it been a re-release of that same goddamn Batman from the old Clayface wave, this would have been monstrous!

#16 User is offline   Ares6009 

  • Emperor's Royal Guard
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,627
  • Joined: 20-February 08

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

View PostMrImpossible, on May 27 2009, 09:40 PM, said:

Had it been a re-release of that same goddamn Batman from the old Clayface wave, this would have been monstrous!


Be forewarned, in the last Q&A, it was asked about a 'clean' version of this Batman, with a tentative answer, meaning Mattel did not rule out the posibility of a re-issue.

As for your Supes head-swapping question, yes, you will be able to.

#17 User is offline   Rowdy26 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 24-April 09

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:13 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on May 27 2009, 04:41 PM, said:

View PostJayC, on May 27 2009, 05:30 PM, said:



August?! all the online retailers had April/May expected...guess that was way off. damn

Actually Online retailers have the Batman pack.

#18 User is offline   Riker 

  • shubway
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,120
  • Joined: 17-February 03

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

View Postsuperpowers1986, on May 27 2009, 06:37 PM, said:

View PostRiker, on May 27 2009, 05:58 PM, said:

superpowers1986, that sig is awesome! Where can I get a CC costume like that?! #US1#

The two packs look great! This is the best line out there right now, but my wallet is hurting too much.


thanks man, but that is not me in the costume but I am waiting for some more money to at least get that helmet. but I sure do know where you can get one and the constume

check below
here is for the costume
http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-Cobra-Commande...%3A1%7C294%3A50

costume with hood
http://cgi.ebay.com/G-I-Joe-Cobra-Commande...%3A1%7C294%3A50

there are also black and alternate outfit versions!

Now this is what I am waiting for Santa to bring me
http://cgi.ebay.com/25th-GI-Joe-Cobra-Comm...=item414637d248


Sweet man! Thanks.......

I have seen some in ebay like those you posted but whoever made the one in your Sig knows what they're doing...

The material is amazing and I wish they would have hired him/her for the movie. :o

#19 User is offline   Da Top Cat 

  • Good Kitty
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 758
  • Joined: 14-March 03

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

View PostTheDarkKnight, on May 27 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

The mud splatters and red eyes are keeping me from picking these up.


Just sell the figures you don't want on Ebay. Or buy the Clayface and Brainiac by themselves on Ebay. :)

Personally, while I prefer Mattel's figures most of the time, I think DC Direct's upcoming "History of the DCU" figure of Brainiac looks better than this one. I'll get both, though, it's one of those silly classic designs I've always liked.

#20 User is offline   A_Spidey_Fan 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,002
  • Joined: 16-July 06

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:03 PM

For the Batman V.S. Clayface 2 pack, I'm with everyone saying that it didn't need any mud/clay splashes. It has a yellow oval Batman symbol, with Bats in a black cape, gloves, cowl, and boots, and a grey suit. I suspect Mattel could decide to re-release this Batman in this look/colours but without the mud/clay splashes as a single later in the line. That said, just the fact that Batman has an oval symbol and in a grey and black suit would of been fine with me. This is 1 of those time I'm hoping that somewhere in the paint process, that some packs actually forget to put some brown paint splashes on the Batman figure. Will defently decide to pick it up if that happens.

The Superman V.S. Brainac 2 pack, is good. I personally don't mind the heat vision eyes on Superman, because it makes him different from any other Supermans in this line, espeically when I assume Mattel will do a eventual single release of that same Superman with normal eyes so that those who want a regular Universe Classics verison of the Man Of Steel will finally have it.

#21 User is offline   Dragon66 

  • Cuidado! El Pollo es Loco!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,206
  • Joined: 18-July 08

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

I have had the Batman pack for about a month, I bought it off Ebay for $24 +shipping. No complaints here. The coloring on Clayfaces arms seems to be better than the original release to me. The Batman figure is a lighter grey then the original Black/Grey Batman, and the splashes don't look so bad in person.
I am eagerly awaiting the Superman/Brainiac, so my LOD can evolve from the Green skinned Brainiac to the robotic version at the drop of a hat. Now I need a large ship with tentacles.

#22 User is offline   pooda 

  • Ratar-O
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,119
  • Joined: 06-March 08

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

View PostDa Top Cat, on May 28 2009, 06:22 PM, said:

View PostTheDarkKnight, on May 27 2009, 05:31 PM, said:

The mud splatters and red eyes are keeping me from picking these up.


Just sell the figures you don't want on Ebay. Or buy the Clayface and Brainiac by themselves on Ebay. :)

Personally, while I prefer Mattel's figures most of the time, I think DC Direct's upcoming "History of the DCU" figure of Brainiac looks better than this one. I'll get both, though, it's one of those silly classic designs I've always liked.



i dont want the bats, but it cant hurt to have him. its not like youre getting the exact same version of a batman that you already have.

#23 User is offline   batcollector 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 80
  • Joined: 31-December 08

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

I got this at botcon and LOVE it (the batman/clayface).

Can't wait for the brainiac

#24 User is offline   JohnnyRebelV2 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,021
  • Joined: 14-December 07

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

These aren't out yet? I got the Clayface poo splattered Bats set over a month ago!

#25 User is offline   Rowdy26 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 345
  • Joined: 24-April 09

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

Some e-tailers got the Clayface pack but not the Supes. TRU will get them in August.

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us