• You cannot reply to this topic

Game Of Thrones... Funko's 6" Game Of Thrones Legacy Figures

#26 User is offline   KingBeyondTheWall 

• Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 14 February 2014 - 11:49 PM, said:

$20 Mance I mean KingBeyondTheWall.

Thanks! My B&N says they have Daenerys so I'm headed over there tomorrow.

#27 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 15 February 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:

Nguyen, that's huge, says 9" don't think it'd work with the figs.

Its for my office... I figured I might as well as open bills with Ice...

Lol... gotcha

#28 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostKingBeyondTheWall, on 15 February 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Thanks! My B&N says they have Daenerys so I'm headed over there tomorrow.

Make sure you have them hold it, they'll hold it for 3 days.

#29 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Picked up Snow, Ned, and the Hound. Just need Tyrion

#30 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

The quality control in this line is pretty bad from my experience. I've had to buy Ned Stark three times because his left hand broke when I tried turning it. I used a blow dryer on the third figure and his joint was completely covered in paint. Using the blow dryer helped break the seal between the paint and the wrist, but I shouldn't have to do that. The first White Walker I bought (from online) came with two left lower legs, and the Tyrion I found in stores has two right feet. The glue used for the various capes, shoulder armor, and belt look on the Hound is very weak and came off. That's easily fixable, but again I shouldn't have to do that. Definitely feel like they're designed like Star Wars Black, but obviously not as good quality control.

#31 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

http://toynewsi.com/...art=20&sl=21935

Group image...

#32 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

NICE! I'm very happy with the selection for wave 1 & 2.

#33 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 17 February 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

NICE! I'm very happy with the selection for wave 1 & 2.

Hopefully the QC issues will be resolved with more experience... I want this line to succeed so we will get all the characters...

#34 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

http://www.bigbadtoy...hrones%20legacy

Now available for preorder at BBTS...

#35 User is offline   PanamaZartan 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

I got Daenerys last week and it had a lot of QC issues. Her left elbow was stuck thanks to the thick coat of paint and her left knee pin broke just because I bent her knee. Horrible quality control but it's still a good looking figure.

I made a video review of her.

Daenerys Targaryen Video Review

#36 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:59 PM

This was posted over on the fwoosh. It is for replacement figures from Funko
1202 Shuksan WayEverett, WA 98203425.783.3616We would like to first apologize and second, thank you for informing us about the defective Game of Thrones Legacy Action Figure(s) you received. This is not the way Funko intends to manufacture our products and will continue to work at producing outstanding collectibles.
We've immediately corrected the problem with our factory and are honoring a full return of the item(s) you've purchased. The new manufactured units will arrive to our warehouse in April and will ship directly to you immediately. Instructions for Obtaining Replacements:
Please mail your Legacy Collection Action Figures to the following address:Funko, LLC.Attn: Allison Nehls1202 Shuksan WayEverett, WA 98203
Please complete and return the form below to receive your replacement items:Customer Name:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Store & Store Location of Purchase:_____________________________________________________________________________________Total Cost of Items Purchased:_____________________________________________________________________________________

#37 User is offline   butcherdeliz 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

Anyone else want to help and try tweeting NECA into getting this license?? Im a big figure fan and also happen to be into GoT that the figures from Dark Horse and Funko just doesnt cut it. Only NECA can give this line justice while keeping it affordable. Randy did profess saying that he finds GoT an interesting show but he never seems to answer queries when prodding him whether he will pursue the license? I hope thats a good sign that he really is considering it or that they are still in negotiations cause that will explain the radio silence. :3

#38 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

View Postbutcherdeliz, on 08 March 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

Anyone else want to help and try tweeting NECA into getting this license?? Im a big figure fan and also happen to be into GoT that the figures from Dark Horse and Funko just doesnt cut it. Only NECA can give this line justice while keeping it affordable. Randy did profess saying that he finds GoT an interesting show but he never seems to answer queries when prodding him whether he will pursue the license? I hope thats a good sign that he really is considering it or that they are still in negotiations cause that will explain the radio silence. :3

Its too late for that now... I am sure Funko got an exclusive deal to make 6" action figures...

#39 User is offline   butcherdeliz 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

NECA@NECA_TOYS Mar 10 @butcherdeliz no, 2 other companies are already doing this

Dagger through my heart. :[ Im just gonna wait until better sculpts come out. *Sigh* I was sure hoping the 7-8 inch market would entice NECA enough for it. tsk!

#40 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:23 AM

I saw all of the except Tyrion at B&N but I decided to pass and I guess that's a good thing. Saving for my wedding. And even if I wasn't, I'm not getting into $20 figures that break when being posed.

#41 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

View Postbutcherdeliz, on 12 March 2014 - 02:26 AM, said:

NECA@NECA_TOYS Mar 10 @butcherdeliz no, 2 other companies are already doing this

Dagger through my heart. :[ Im just gonna wait until better sculpts come out. *Sigh* I was sure hoping the 7-8 inch market would entice NECA enough for it. tsk!

Yeah... I was hoping NECA picked up the license since they have been doing this longer... I have to give Funko credit though... These are good for a first attempt...

#42 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 12 March 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

I saw all of the except Tyrion at B&N but I decided to pass and I guess that's a good thing. Saving for my wedding. And even if I wasn't, I'm not getting into $20 figures that break when being posed.

BBTS is getting theirs in April... Hopefully the second batch will have all the issues fixed since they are aware of the problem...

#43 User is offline   PanamaZartan 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Supposedly, according to Funko, the second batch that's on preorder for April should have all defects corrected, so no more breaking joints. At least that's what they said.

I ended up super gluing my Daenerys' leg.

#44 User is offline   butcherdeliz 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

Just wondering, even with all the QC issues with FUNKO, are their line superior to DARK HORSE's?? Im gonna pee into the wind and just start buying the figs now (even with sculpt and QC issues) but I dont know which line to get. I tried to read review blogs and videos and it just depressed me. Any peeps here bought both lines? Which would you recommend for a GOT fan? Thanks.

#45 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

View Postbutcherdeliz, on 30 March 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Just wondering, even with all the QC issues with FUNKO, are their line superior to DARK HORSE's?? Im gonna pee into the wind and just start buying the figs now (even with sculpt and QC issues) but I dont know which line to get. I tried to read review blogs and videos and it just depressed me. Any peeps here bought both lines? Which would you recommend for a GOT fan? Thanks.

It comes down to articulated figures VS statues... I went with Funko...

#46 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

I got the figures and my brother has some of the Dark Horse statues. Like above, it really depends what you want. You want static statues only in one pose, go for the Dark Horse statues, if you want figures, then get the Funko figures. I'll have to say, I've seen John Snow at the local comic shop and to be honest, I like the action figures more.

I believe the statues are closer to 7" tall too. If my brother opens his and displays them soon, I'll throw my John Snow up against his and snap a pic.

#47 User is offline   butcherdeliz 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Main things for me would be sculpt and paint. I feel Dark Horse is on top when it comes to that, but the pull away is that its a static display and it comes with that horrible uninspired turd looking base. As for Funko Legacy, the articulation is a plus and the quality of the clothes are good, but Ive read a lot of negative reviews bout the paint especially on the face. Im starting to wonder whether I should wait for what ThreeZero can offer, much more expensive, but usually above average quality too.

#48 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

View Postbutcherdeliz, on 31 March 2014 - 02:14 AM, said:

Main things for me would be sculpt and paint. I feel Dark Horse is on top when it comes to that, but the pull away is that its a static display and it comes with that horrible uninspired turd looking base. As for Funko Legacy, the articulation is a plus and the quality of the clothes are good, but Ive read a lot of negative reviews bout the paint especially on the face. Im starting to wonder whether I should wait for what ThreeZero can offer, much more expensive, but usually above average quality too.

Funko stated that these issues will be fixed on the second run... Lets hope that it is true...

#49 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

Found the dwarf at TRU and I couldn't resist. If he breaks, it's getting returned.

#50 User is offline   butcherdeliz 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

http://kotaku.com/13...pion-1579897965

Sure wish the finished product is at least 80% as good as this. 130 sure is a deep wound for my wallet, but with my fanaticism for the show, I prolly could justify it as long as the quality is above average to great.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us