G.I.Joe Comic 2-Packs Wave 7 Hi-Res Images

The Wire

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty unimpressive wave

Hahaha!! Hey guys - guess what you will NEVER see in stores? An Iron Grenadier/Viper set - those will be torn from their carboard assortment cases like an unwanted fetus in a teenage mom. (Zing!)

I like the Rock Roll, though. Yeah, I said it.

Tom

Hahaha!! Hey guys - guess what you will NEVER see in stores? An Iron Grenadier/Viper set - those will be torn from their carboard assortment cases like an unwanted fetus in a teenage mom. (Zing!)

I like the Rock Roll, though. Yeah, I said it.

Tom

Very true! I doubt I'll ever see any IG/Viper sets. I don't even want that one.

Of course Rock N Roll finally has his correct short-sleeved arms!

I may just get that Fred Cobra Commander too to keep my other sealed.

You know they could have easily popped that D6 head onto the Cutter body for that issue. :rolleyes:

At last, official pics-- even though they don't look any better *sigh*

I stand a good chance at actually seeing the troop-builder pack because my local Walmart, Target, and Fred Meyer (Northwest chain) move through a lot of product and keep the pegs pretty fresh-- we're close to the Canadian border and so many folkes come down from Vancouver. I'm fairly excited about that one. I still don't have an IG because I didn't want a Doombot-like army of soulless Destroids! The other two, though, leave me fairly conflicted. I'm mostly a loose collector so I'd prefer the GH and Rock with the improved articulation so that GH can sit down and Rock can actually hold his gun. But I just don't want the guys they're packed with. I suppose that I could sell or trade that Phoney Commander to some happy Fred-o-phile, but Playskool D6... I have nothing nice to say, so I'd rather say nothing at all.

I'm glad I'm selling my stuff. Way to kill a line Hasbro.

Speak for yourself.

I might just get all three.

R&R is not bad and if I get that one I can skip getting another Sharc I don't need.

I like Gung-Ho colored that way. He has a nice jungle look. CC is cool just to have Fred in the armor. I tried headswapping the CG Fred head with a BA CC and the helmet does not fit the head so this must have been fixed for the comic pack.

The IG/Viper is almost a dream come true. I would gladly take more like this.

I'm glad I'm selling my stuff. Way to kill a line Hasbro.

Speak for yourself.

I might just get all three.

R&R is not bad and if I get that one I can skip getting another Sharc I don't need.

I like Gung-Ho colored that way. He has a nice jungle look. CC is cool just to have Fred in the armor. I tried headswapping the CG Fred head with a BA CC and the helmet does not fit the head so this must have been fixed for the comic pack.

The IG/Viper is almost a dream come true. I would gladly take more like this.

GH looks much better in those colors-- they're comic accurate, too. Check it out.

Good to hear that there is some interest in Fred-- I may just get the pack for GH and sell/trade the CC.

I sit back and watch, keeping my mouth shut every time I see a new wave come out. Looks like Hasbro is at it again...

"Alright, we gave them Scarlett, Baroness, and Lady Jaye. We're done with the female characters."

Do they still honestly think that it's a waste of time to make a female character? Is it really cutting into their profits that badly to make female characters? @grumpy@

I don't know about anybody else out there, but I can't find a single-pack Scarlett figure anymore, I could barely find one or two Lady Jaye's the entire time that wave was out in stores, and I have yet to still see a Baroness in blue, except on eBay - of course, all other figures in that same wave are already warming the pegs at Target and Walmart.

You'd think Hasbro would learn by now that female characters aren't a bad idea - look at Marvel Legends, DC Superheroes, Justice League, etc....the female characters are often the objects of frantic searching and eBay scalping. Wake up, Hasbro!

The only peg warmer I've seen for females is the two pack of Scarlett and Hawk, and they are now starting to disappear - no doubt people like me who saw Hasbro's return to it's old ways and bought a few extras just to get Scarlett to customize into other female GIJoe and Cobra characters and Hawk to use for a generic army builder.

Will we never get Jinx, Covergirl, Zarana, Militia, Mayday, Pythona....etc?

If Hasbro keeps this same stupid attitude towards female figures, I doubt it.

I'm about done with this line also - it's not just this issue, but the fact that they aren't listening to customers' wish lists as they promised. There are plenty of male characters as well who haven't been made yet, and yet we still get some stupid generic diver, pilot, soldier, elite soldier, or other unnamed army builder. Anybody remember Blowtorch? Scrap-Iron?

Another reason - how many of us have wished for a cartoon-correct Lady Jaye? Of course, Hasbro finally gets it right, but puts her in a $20.00 figure pack - wow, maybe they do listen to what the fans want! I have to admit, it's smart thinking - "Find out what everyone wants so badly, and make it available as part of an exclusive that we can charge more money for...." Goes to show that it's always about the money, once again.

Finally - I don't know if I'm the oldest guy on here, but when I was a kid, I distinctly remember paying $2.50 (sometimes less) for these guys. I understand inflation, rising fuel costs, etc., but come on! $7.99? If I could see where we were getting more for the money, I'd probably stick with it, but that's another nail in the coffin for the future of this line, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry this was so long, but I never really post on here, and it all just built up - thanks for humoring me, everyone!

I sit back and watch, keeping my mouth shut every time I see a new wave come out. Looks like Hasbro is at it again...

"Alright, we gave them Scarlett, Baroness, and Lady Jaye. We're done with the female characters."

Do they still honestly think that it's a waste of time to make a female character? Is it really cutting into their profits that badly to make female characters? @grumpy@

I don't know about anybody else out there, but I can't find a single-pack Scarlett figure anymore, I could barely find one or two Lady Jaye's the entire time that wave was out in stores, and I have yet to still see a Baroness in blue, except on eBay - of course, all other figures in that same wave are already warming the pegs at Target and Walmart.

You'd think Hasbro would learn by now that female characters aren't a bad idea - look at Marvel Legends, DC Superheroes, Justice League, etc....the female characters are often the objects of frantic searching and eBay scalping. Wake up, Hasbro!

The only peg warmer I've seen for females is the two pack of Scarlett and Hawk, and they are now starting to disappear - no doubt people like me who saw Hasbro's return to it's old ways and bought a few extras just to get Scarlett to customize into other female GIJoe and Cobra characters and Hawk to use for a generic army builder.

I'm about done with this line also - it's not just this issue, but the fact that they aren't listening to customers' wish lists as they promised. There are plenty of male characters as well who haven't been made yet, and yet we still get some stupid generic diver, pilot, soldier, elite soldier, or other unnamed army builder. Anybody remember Blowtorch? Scrap-Iron?

Another reason - how many of us have wished for a cartoon-correct Lady Jaye? Of course, Hasbro finally gets it right, but puts her in a $20.00 figure pack - wow, maybe they do listen to what the fans want! I have to admit, it's smart thinking - "Find out what everyone wants so badly, and make it available as part of an exclusive that we can charge more money for...." Goes to show that it's always about the money, once again.

Finally - I don't know if I'm the oldest guy on here, but when I was a kid, I distinctly remember paying $2.50 (sometimes less) for these guys. I understand inflation, rising fuel costs, etc., but come on! $7.99? If I could see where we were getting more for the money, I'd probably stick with it, but that's another nail in the coffin for the future of this line, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry this was so long, but I never really post on here, and it all just built up - thanks for humoring me, everyone!

I have said it before and I will again, the line has only been around for ONE year. Did you really expect every old RAH figure to be made by now, in ONE years time?

Everyone just needs to be patient. Every single one of us has our favorites that really were never big poplular characters that we still want to see and none of us will ever agree 100% about who is made first out od who we still want.

When the line is over and done with and Hasbro is making zero figures, then we can #$#@# and moan that someone was not made.

Sometimes I think most of the collctors want every toy line to fail and every company to go out of business. That or make everything exactly the way they want it, no questions asked and to hell with the other collectors and what they want. Oh, and kids? Screw them too.

Paaaaassss on this whole wave. I like the IG/Viper troop builder comic pack idea, though I was sure we'd get a General Joe Colton figure seeing as that's his first appearance issue. Oh well.

He was in other comics. The is no written rule that he has to be in the comic pack from the comic he first appeared in. He does not even have to be made in a comic pack. The JVC one was in a 6 pack. Maybe Hasbro will do a new 25th Ann. Viper Lockdown set.

I was pretty down on this assortment when I first read the list of characters involved. I thought it was a pretty lackluster line-up of characters we already have or don't want.

Having seen the pics though...

1. Cobra Commander: I never liked CC in his Darth Vader look but he does make for a good figure. I'm glad a passed up the single carded version because this one has the nifty Fred head under the helmet.

Ghung Ho: I'm digging GH in these new colors. I always thought the original looked a little washed out. I still wish this guy had the anchor on his cap. I might do a head swap.

2. Deep-Six: I never liked this statue of a toy. I still don't. This one I can totally pass-up were it not for...

RocknRoll: I never had a problem with the first RnR except for the Duke arms so this guy looks a lot better. This guy can hold his machine gun in both hands. The camo on the pants is a nice addition too.

3. Iron Grenadier & Cobra Viper: I never had a problem with the Vipers so I'll pick up a couple of this troop builder set.

Overall, this is a surprisingly good wave. It may not be as exciting as six completely original characters but it's still pretty good. I have no problem with Hasbro using the two-packs for apology figures like this. You hear that, Grunt? Please report to the Two-Pack Division.

I'm not overly excited for this wave.....but I'm not going to sell my Joes either......its a pass wave. I'm pretty psyched about the IG/Viper pack. I've seen a lot of Vipers warming the pegs though.....IG's on the other hand......different story entirely......I've only seen the IG/Destro pack once.

I was hoping for a Deep 6 V.2 though.......I know he's not in that issue as V.2 but it still would have been cool......that TRU one is cheap.

Paaaaassss on this whole wave. I like the IG/Viper troop builder comic pack idea, though I was sure we'd get a General Joe Colton figure seeing as that's his first appearance issue. Oh well.

He was in other comics. The is no written rule that he has to be in the comic pack from the comic he first appeared in. He does not even have to be made in a comic pack. The JVC one was in a 6 pack. Maybe Hasbro will do a new 25th Ann. Viper Lockdown set.

Here's the thing: They went to all that trouble to repaint that cover with Joe Colton standing prominently on it, and don't include him. It seems like they are taunting us. Haha, look who you don't get! Neener neener. :)

Everyone just needs to be patient. Every single one of us has our favorites that really were never big poplular characters that we still want to see and none of us will ever agree 100% about who is made first out od who we still want.

When the line is over and done with and Hasbro is making zero figures, then we can #$#@# and moan that someone was not made.

Sometimes I think most of the collctors want every toy line to fail and every company to go out of business. That or make everything exactly the way they want it, no questions asked and to hell with the other collectors and what they want. Oh, and kids? Screw them too.

Maybe we're panicking because when the movie hits they're (allegedly) canning the RAH line in favor of a movie line. Those always turn out really well.

I have said it before and I will again, the line has only been around for ONE year. Did you really expect every old RAH figure to be made by now, in ONE years time?

Maybe we're panicking because when the movie hits they're (allegedly) canning the RAH line in favor of a movie line. Those always turn out really well. Maybe if you knew that you would understand why fans are getting upset about three comic packs that are essentially straight repacks.

I was pretty down on this assortment when I first read the list of characters involved. I thought it was a pretty lackluster line-up of characters we already have or don't want.

Pretty much how I still feel.

1. Cobra Commander: I never liked CC in his Darth Vader look but he does make for a good figure. I'm glad a passed up the single carded version because this one has the nifty Fred head under the helmet.

The pictures I saw before still had him with blonde hair. Fred VII (and 8-12 inclusive) had RED hair. I hope they at least change that much.

RocknRoll: I never had a problem with the first RnR except for the Duke arms so this guy looks a lot better. This guy can hold his machine gun in both hands. The camo on the pants is a nice addition too.

It looks like he spilled ink on his pants. Plus, now he can facepalm, just like Roadblock and Copperhead with their mongo hands.

3. Iron Grenadier & Cobra Viper: I never had a problem with the Vipers so I'll pick up a couple of this troop builder set.

Overall, this is a surprisingly good wave. It may not be as exciting as six completely original characters but it's still pretty good. I have no problem with Hasbro using the two-packs for apology figures like this. You hear that, Grunt? Please report to the Two-Pack Division.

This is the only good one, I think. Except they are packing the easiest figure to army build so far (the Viper) with one of the hardest. (IG). Everyone that wanted an army of Vipers probably has one by now. If you want to build an army of IGs, you need to double your army of Vipers. Which works I guess, if the Vipers are just a big squad of dumb guys versus a small group of elites. I'd be happier if it was BAT vs IG, or just make boxes for all army builders. :P

I could always buy a new G.I.Joe for less than $3-- until 1992. That's when I needed another quarter to cover the tax. I wonder how well a Covergirl would sell, since they can't call her "Covergirl" anymore. But after Falcon, Nemesis, and Fred VII, the next c. '87 character really ought to be a hoodless Jinx!

They really should have fixed the hands on the Viper for that - I mean, we're talking about two new pieces, that's it!

BTW, is there any difference at all between those figures and the single-pack versions we have?

Rock and Roll, meh. Thanks for fixing the arms, but why the new colour scheme? If anything, he should have been a darker green, like the original version, and without the camo! I'll be passing on that one, seeing as how Deep Six will be available with the SHARC.

Gung Ho is a nice repaint if you want a more realistic camouflaged version, and Fred as CC is appropriate. I may, MAY pick that up.

Here's the thing: They went to all that trouble to repaint that cover with Joe Colton standing prominently on it, and don't include him. It seems like they are taunting us. Haha, look who you don't get! Neener neener. :)

Every cover is being redone so it was not like they went to more trouble on that one than they have on any others. It was not done this time and only this time with the sole intention of rubbing it in anyones face.

Maybe we're panicking because when the movie hits they're (allegedly) canning the RAH line in favor of a movie line. Those always turn out really well. Maybe if you knew that you would understand why fans are getting upset about three comic packs that are essentially straight repacks.

Nothing has been said that it is going away forever either. Plus Hasbro has said there will be RAH versions thrown in with the movie figures.

:rolleyes: Yea, I don't know there is a movie on the way. What is wrong with repacks and repaints? The biggest complaint just seems to be people who can not wait and seem to need instant gradification and get what they want, NOW. Maybe you don't know that if you read all of the posts that there is an even number of people who DO want these too. So, where is the problem. Obviously some of us want them and are fine with them. All I am saying is wait and be tolerant that there may be people who like things you don't and do want them instead of throwing out so much negativity that the line is ruined and dead because you don't like things. I never realized the Joe community was so full of selfish people. It's one thing to have an opinion but some take it too far.

How will alot of you feel if you quit now and sell your collections and a year from now this is all back bigger and better? Being patient could really pay off. In the meantime just buy less, get what you do like and want and if anything from the movie, Resolute or any other repaints are not appealing to you, skip them.

I wonder how well a Covergirl would sell, since they can't call her "Covergirl" anymore.

I assume they would release Cover Girl the same way they did in the comic pack and the same way they have with dozens of others who they can't use the names of.