• All-Star Member
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

An interesting concept with these sets.

#5 User is offline   SkyBuzz 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:14 AM

I made my own with RAH figures. Not as good as these, but not bad...

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   ScubatheDiver 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:28 PM

I like the fact that FINALLY there is a Dr. Venom but the sets look kinda....cheesy. They remind me a lot of the Funskool stuff from a few years back.

#7 User is offline   countzackula 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

Ehhhh...these are...kinda expensive. Collector Clubs *sigh*...I just can't get behind the idea in general. I just wanna buy my toys in-store for a reasonable price. Is that too much to ask? Yeah, I know...it is. I know interest also wouldn't be enough to merit a brick-and-mortar store release, so it's either online or convention with this type of stuff. There used to be a point in my collecting life when I thought I had more control over what toys I could get, and I was wrong!
They are pretty neat...I love the retro style in 3 3/4 inch (well, 4 actually) scale. Maybe one day I'll at least get a Dr. Venom some way, some how...but by then, they'll probably be putting out the Intruders and Bulletman!

#8 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

View PostScubatheDiver, on 16 March 2010 - 04:28 PM, said:

I like the fact that FINALLY there is a Dr. Venom but the sets look kinda....cheesy.

That is what I hate the most about this set. Dr. Venom.

You ever see the original Adventure Team?

#9 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:14 PM

These look ok on some front, other fronts they look cheesy bad. I wish Dr Venom was available another way though. :(
Draven

#10 User is offline   tuga viper 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Funny thing is the Con set is o-ring and these use 25th molds. Wouldn't they want to keep it uniform somehow?!

EM

#11 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:29 PM

Checked the site and $80something for one set? REALLY? Wow.. what's it if you're a member?

#12 User is offline   ltfalcon 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Guys you can sign up for a trooper membership by filling out the membership application and save yourself some bucks, it's free. The trooper membership is about $10 higher per set than the officer membership.

#13 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

WOW...... no thank you at that price! @loll@
Draven

#14 User is offline   Dragonrider1227 

• Astro Boy's god-parent

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

If these were just an ordinary toy line, I'd probably go for this but as a Collectors Club exclusive they're pretty "meh." I'm also a little peeved at Hasbro for this entire concept. I mean, who's brilliant idea was it to make the stuff we want club exclusives? What a tease!

#15 User is offline   JohnnyRebelV2 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:07 PM

I really want that Dr Venom and I'd be happy to pay $30-$40 for that one set. But no more than that.

#16 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 17 March 2010 - 02:29 PM, said:

Checked the site and $80something for one set? REALLY? Wow.. what's it if you're a member?

$78?

#17 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

The 2-pack with A-Team Commander and Dr. Venom is $45 for Officer-level members. The other two are $35.00 a piece. Considering I got my membership when I signed up for the Con, will get the convention set, me and my fiance will be taking the Hasbro Tour (according to a Club employee, anyway), I've gotten a price break on these packs and will have a good shot at the Convention exclusive extras (assuming any of them are 25th related), I think it was money well spent.

Granted, I'm hoping to unload Big Lob and the Con Boxed set (I'm done with vintage figures), but the fact is, I'm getting the promised bonuses for signing up.

#18 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

All look VERY cool and I would most certainly LOVE to have them, but...

@hmmm@ [looks at pricetag]

NO THANKS!!

#19 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

View PostViper Hunter, on 19 March 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

NO THANKS!!

Yea.......<sighs>.......I've been asking for sets like these for years, asked rather loudly in fact--and now I feel like a heel because they are just too expensive for my blood. And wallet.
I want to support this endeavour, I'd like to have the sets.......but I cannot justify spending about $150 ( all told) on 4 figures, two vehicles and accessories.
It just makes my brain seize up.

I seriously have to mull this over.

#20 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:23 AM

View PostARROW, on 19 March 2010 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostViper Hunter, on 19 March 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

NO THANKS!!

Yea.......<sighs>.......I've been asking for sets like these for years, asked rather loudly in fact--and now I feel like a heel because they are just too expensive for my blood. And wallet.
I want to support this endeavour, I'd like to have the sets.......but I cannot justify spending about $150 ( all told) on 4 figures, two vehicles and accessories.
It just makes my brain seize up.

I seriously have to mull this over.

It's truely frustrating, because these speak to us old timers in a big way. :(

#21 User is offline   revsears 

• Nazburado

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

While I may not be an "old timer" these really appeal to me as well. But I just will not pay that much for small pieces of plastic. I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere.

I hope they are successful enough that Hasbro is tempted to do a real retail line.

#22 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

View PostNasburado, on 20 March 2010 - 02:42 AM, said:

While I may not be an "old timer" these really appeal to me as well. But I just will not pay that much for small pieces of plastic. I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere.

I hope they are successful enough that Hasbro is tempted to do a real retail line.

They could still do a "Universe" style line easily and incorporate whatever they wanted. I mean when people first heard of "Trakker" they thought it was Tracker. But when it turned out to be the M.A.S.K. character, half of us were like "interesting" and the other half were like "wth?". As it stands I think almost everyone agrees that figure, as an example, seems out of place in the line.

But in a "universe" style setting, Trakker would be fine, as would the continuation of 25th style figures.

#23 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 20 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

View Postpesatyel, on 20 March 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

They could still do a "Universe" style line easily and incorporate whatever they wanted. I mean when people first heard of "Trakker" they thought it was Tracker. But when it turned out to be the M.A.S.K. character, half of us were like "interesting" and the other half were like "wth?". As it stands I think almost everyone agrees that figure, as an example, seems out of place in the line.

But in a "universe" style setting, Trakker would be fine, as would the continuation of 25th style figures.

I've blown the "Universe" horn for.......oh, about 12-13 years now, on various forums. I wish these figures were part of a larger retail push that explored other characters as well.
I'm more than okay with welcoming all new characters, but I'd also like to see some of these other older characters updated and officially brought into the line. I guess this is all that can be done with something that seems to have only niche interest.

#24 User is offline   Toiletmonkey1 

• Hasbro- 1 /TM- 0

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

View PostARROW, on 20 March 2010 - 03:39 PM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on 20 March 2010 - 02:51 PM, said:

I've blown the "Universe" horn for.......oh, about 12-13 years now, on various forums. I wish these figures were part of a larger retail push that explored other characters as well.
I'm more than okay with welcoming all new characters, but I'd also like to see some of these other older characters updated and officially brought into the line. I guess this is all that can be done with something that seems to have only niche interest.

you adventure team guys are getting up there in age! maybe they think that you guys wont spend the money on it cause your sockin'it away for an early retirment? ;) J/K but yeah i think what your suggesting would make an excellent toy line. 3 3/4 inch figures of adventure team era characters! sounds awsome that era had some of the most interesting things in it. aliens,bullet man, animals and what was that half invisible guy??? plus lets not forget the fact that it glorified "Adventure" instead of "War" surprised they didnt think of that??? i really think if they did it it would freakin fly off the shelves just as well if not better then ARAH 25th stuff. i would buy it.

TM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us