G.I.Joe "Arise Serpentor Arise" DVD Entertainment Pack

The Wire

Odd figure selection, the Twins, Dr. Mindbender , Destro, Sg. Slaughter all would have made sense for the set. Also I can't help but wish they would make a better Serpentor, this one apart from being ugly, also has a very "soft" sculpt....I'd love to see a classic Serpentor. Also is there really a need for another Serpentor set considering there's the one with him and the Air Chariot?

I agree about the figure selection. It would've made more sense to include Mindbender and Slaughter instead of Dusty and a BAT. If they had their hearts set on Dusty they should've included Zarana for their part together. I like the inclusion of Atilla's corpse. I could even see the mutant Serpentor but Dusty and a BAT?

heck i'll buy 2 one moc and one for the dvd. most ppl hate serpentor but this is my favorite storyline

I agree.

This is one of the few Joe cartoons that stuck in my mind as a kid. I think it had something to do with Slaughter just seeming like an unstoppable badass. I loved this series!

I agree about the figure selection. It would've made more sense to include Mindbender and Slaughter instead of Dusty and a BAT. If they had their hearts set on Dusty they should've included Zarana for their part together. I like the inclusion of Atilla's corpse. I could even see the mutant Serpentor but Dusty and a BAT?

I think the BAT makes perfect sense for this set. If I remember correctly, this series was the first real introduction of the BAT into the cartoons. More specifically the first episode of the series where Cobra sneaks the army of BATS into the Joe base in buses, and they're getting their butts whipped until Slaughter shows up. They also played a huge part in taking Ivan's tomb from the Joes. They also helped to capture Slaughter.

Serpentor is an obvious choice for the set.

The corpse kinda makes sense, but it would've been nice to see an actual GI Joe character here. (On a side note, why are we getting Atilla's corpse? I don't even remember them fighting at his tomb in the cartoon.) There were a ton of characters introduced into the cartoons in this series...including most of the '86 lineup. Some of the characters that had notable appearances in the series include General Hawk, Beachhead, Monkeywrench, Thrasher, Mindbender, Zandar, Zarana, Dial-Tone, Low-Light, Sci-Fi, Mainframe, Leatherneck, Wet-Suit, and Slaughter. Slaughter would've made the most sense to put in this spot, as he played a major role in this series.

Dusty had an appearance in the second episode at the Egyptian tomb, with him, Slipstream and Cross Country fighting against Zarana, but on the whole, I don't think his role was really prominent enough to earn a figure in this set...at least no more so than the characters I mentioned above. But, I guess if this is the only way we're gonna get Dusty, I won't complain.

Mindbender really should be in the Serpentor set. He was a huge part of that storyline. And that skeleton is just junk. Bats is really nice though. I wouldn't mind a few more repaints of that mold.

Also, Major Bludd looks much better than he did at joe con. He'll make a nice stand-in until the enviromental packs arrive. Good to know I'll be getting the Pyramid set for more than just Quick Kick.

Edit- Almost forgot, Dusty's okay but he needs some eye brows.

I think the BAT makes perfect sense for this set. If I remember correctly, this series was the first real introduction of the BAT into the cartoons. More specifically the first episode of the series where Cobra sneaks the army of BATS into the Joe base in buses, and they're getting their butts whipped until Slaughter shows up. They also played a huge part in taking Ivan's tomb from the Joes. They also helped to capture Slaughter.

Serpentor is an obvious choice for the set.

The corpse kinda makes sense, but it would've been nice to see an actual GI Joe character here. (On a side note, why are we getting Atilla's corpse? I don't even remember them fighting at his tomb in the cartoon.) There were a ton of characters introduced into the cartoons in this series...including most of the '86 lineup. Some of the characters that had notable appearances in the series include General Hawk, Beachhead, Monkeywrench, Thrasher, Mindbender, Zandar, Zarana, Dial-Tone, Low-Light, Sci-Fi, Mainframe, Leatherneck, Wet-Suit, and Slaughter. Slaughter would've made the most sense to put in this spot, as he played a major role in this series.

Dusty had an appearance in the second episode at the Egyptian tomb, with him, Slipstream and Cross Country fighting against Zarana, but on the whole, I don't think his role was really prominent enough to earn a figure in this set...at least no more so than the characters I mentioned above. But, I guess if this is the only way we're gonna get Dusty, I won't complain.

In the five-parter, the introduction of the BAT leads almost directly to the creation of Serpentor. The Cobra hierarchy blamed the Commander for the failure of the BAT campaign, which opened up the opportunity for Mindbender's plan. I think Dusty's here because Hasbro thought that the pack needed a good guy and Dusty hadn't come out yet. A real shame about Mindbender, though. This would have been the best opportunity to give us the Evil Orthodontist; maybe we're not getting one at all...

After looking at the hi-rez pics, I'm not sure I'll be getting this set. Serpentor sucks, Dusty looks good, but I'm not a fan of the camo design. The BAT is cool, but since I have the carded version, I could pass, and the skeleton I could tolerate, but it looks like the thing isn't even articulated.

I agree with the fact that the character selections could have been stronger.

QFT!

And finally a somewhat decent looking Serpy.

I'll get these packs as well.

How can you be excited for a 'somewhat decent' looking figure? Especially since we've already gotten essentially the same thing twice, and considering the whole boxed set is based on him. Hasbro really dropped the ball on this one. We should have seen a brand new Serpy in this set.

Yeah I guess you guys are right about the BATS being prominent but still...I think Mindbender plays a much more integral part of the story. We're already getting the single BATs so I figured the BATs would already be plentiful.

They seem to be struggling with ol' SERPENTOR as they still haven't really done him justice. He just looks lame, boring, soft, weak, uninspiring, bland....I dunno, did any of those cover it?

The Bat is already an awesome figure to begin with, so that's a done deal.

Dusty is cool, and ya know, it ALMOST looks like he has a swivel waist. At least there appears to be a break/line in the waist anyway. That'd be cool! :)

Quick Kick....looks awesome!

CC...whatever!

skeleton dude....yeah, sure!

SE...thanks! My collection wouldn't have been complete without this one! <_<

Major Bludd? Any improvements to him? Major anyway?

What? Dusty was in the series? I don't remember seeing him in it.

Ya, he was in the second episode of the series at the Egyptian tomb on the Havocs with Cross Country and Slipstream.

man what the hell happen to dusty the ones from the con looked so much better this new one sucks. the paint apps looked rushed ! now he dosent look like him at all if they did the rest in cartoon colors where is the green tan color sceam ?

Gah they really screwed up Dusty........... brown cloth around the helmet........ wrong.......... bad camo.......... wrong.......... weird face damo too........ wrong...... *sigh* screwed up a fav of mine to no end. :(

Draven

While I don't think Dusty looks bad...I don't see how they got the color scheme for him, especially if they were going for his cartoon look.

dusty.jpg

The figure doesn't look anything like he did in the cartoons.

Gah they really screwed up Dusty........... brown cloth around the helmet........ wrong.......... bad camo.......... wrong.......... weird face damo too........ wrong...... *sigh* screwed up a fav of mine to no end. :(

Draven

Ya they really messed up on him. Does the cartoon version have his real name tag on his shirt? It looks like they were just remaking his original figure. I would have also preferred the cartoon colors.

Serpentor could have been better maybe if they repainted his eyebrows for a different expression.

Attilla should have been Dr. Mindbender!

Draven

Ya they really messed up on him. Does the cartoon version have his real name tag on his shirt? It looks like they were just remaking his original figure. I would have also preferred the cartoon colors.

Serpentor could have been better maybe if they repainted his eyebrows for a different expression.

Attilla should have been Dr. Mindbender!

Honestly, I don't think Dusty's body or camo looks that bad. The head and helmet need work though. Still, overall, he isn't an absolute disaster (like V1 Serpentor). He isn't great, but I'll still pick up the pack to get him. And why would they make Attilla instead of Mindbender? That makes absolutely no sense.

@can@

Ugh, Dusty's a real let down. Who's doing the final camo job on these suckers? The first pics we saw looked great. Serpentor looks okay, best we've seen yet. BAT is good too. That corpse though - what a friggin' waste of plastic.