• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2008 SDCC Day 2: Mattel's DC Universe Panel

#26 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

View Postyodaman123, on Jul 25 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

I am hoping to get a joking squade here.

i got an extra joker...i need the fear gas bats. ill trade if you got one. back on topic...im upset that we have to wait until tomorrow to see the MMs

#27 User is offline   yodaman123 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:44 PM

Hey, it gives you something to look fore ward to huh?

#28 User is offline   Mr. Yac 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

View PostTheUberBarrett, on Jul 25 2008, 10:10 PM, said:

some really nice ACTUAL PROTO pics here:
CLICK ME FOR HAPPY FUN PICS

some cool ones, i hope they do a blue skinned Captain Cold "super friends" variant, i always thought he looked cooler blue:D

#29 User is offline   YounglingKiller 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:34 PM

All the new DCUC figures look great. Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold, Shazam, Killer Moth, and all the rest look great too! Now if Mattel could fix up the distribution issues then this line will be truly fantastic.

#30 User is offline   CalciferBoheme 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Everything they showed was gold... I can't wait.

Captain Marvel will be mine!!!

I really wish they'd shown the Kalibak C&C... I love that Mattel is doing so much in the way of 4th World figures. We might be needing a bigger Darkseid soon though.

This is my first post on the forums, by the way

#31 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

Anyone else think they should have done a different upper body for Starfire? They probably didn't want her to look to provocative, but that's her costume. Her breasts look weird when the current female mold is used.

#32 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

View PostYounglingKiller, on Jul 26 2008, 03:34 PM, said:

All the new DCUC figures look great. Flash, Kid Flash, Captain Cold, Shazam, Killer Moth, and all the rest look great too! Now if Mattel could fix up the distribution issues then this line will be truly fantastic.

With years of poor distribution behind them--from MOTU to DCUC wave 2--history shows that won't happen.

But I agree with your other points. PLUS now I see STARFIRE (yes!) and 90's Supes (which I was going to do a custom of, but now don't have to). Some nice stuff!

#33 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:15 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on Jul 26 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

View PostYounglingKiller, on Jul 26 2008, 03:34 PM, said:

With years of poor distribution behind them--from MOTU to DCUC wave 2--history shows that won't happen.

But I agree with your other points. PLUS now I see STARFIRE (yes!) and 90's Supes (which I was going to do a custom of, but now don't have to). Some nice stuff!

you guys dont know squat!(lol) mattel switched distributors to keep this from happening again. as for everything else you guys said....i TOTALLY agree!

#34 User is offline   MarvelBoy1974 

• Battle Droid

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

View PostBigBot84, on Jul 26 2008, 11:13 PM, said:

Anyone else think they should have done a different upper body for Starfire? They probably didn't want her to look to provocative, but that's her costume. Her breasts look weird when the current female mold is used.

I agree. Her breasts look a little awkward. but they I am sure Hasbro didn't want her to look too sexy. I still fell her breasts need more shape in the middle area. I don't like that they just painted her boots on instead of sculpting them like her gauntlets.

#35 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

View PostMarvelBoy1974, on Jul 27 2008, 11:44 AM, said:

I agree. Her breasts look a little awkward. but they I am sure Hasbro didn't want her to look too sexy. I still fell her breasts need more shape in the middle area. I don't like that they just painted her boots on instead of sculpting them like her gauntlets.

Mattel.....not hasbro...Mattel.

#36 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

so the cyborg superman 2 pack isn't a typo!!! Oh #$##, oh #$##!!!

#37 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

View Postpooda, on Jul 27 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

Hope they fix it in giving her cleavage. However, I really doubt they will give her sculpted straps mainly since they would probably just have it painted so that they can reuse the body for another character with a skin tight or skimpy outfit like for instance an animated catwoman

that is if they fix the mold in givin her some round boobies.

#38 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Penguin

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:59 PM

View Postpooda, on Jul 27 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

He's talking about breasts here. Don't nit pick.

#39 User is offline   MeanMrMustard 

• Andorian

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:31 AM

Am I the only one who's disappointed the famed Four Horsemen aren't using their talents to their fullest potential by reusing molds? Hal Jordan and Aquaman should not be as bulky as Superman. Voluptuous or busty women should not have the same molds as some of the slimmer ones. Wonder Woman better not have Harley Quinn's mold.

#40 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:37 AM

View PostMeanMrMustard, on Jul 27 2008, 09:31 PM, said:

Am I the only one who's disappointed the famed Four Horsemen aren't using their talents to their fullest potential by reusing molds? Hal Jordan and Aquaman should not be as bulky as Superman. Voluptuous or busty women should not have the same molds as some of the slimmer ones. Wonder Woman better not have Harley Quinn's mold.

aquaman and superman are different sizes. if youre talking about protos.....well...theyre protos

#41 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:38 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on Jul 27 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

View Postpooda, on Jul 27 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

He's talking about breasts here. Don't nit pick.

mattel...not hasbro.

#42 User is offline   as0f988 

• Andorian

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

does anyone know how the C&C fig is going to work? i mean specifically with atom smasher..with more figs in each wave this could be confusing? i mean how many parts could they logically divide a C&C figure into....

#43 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

This is a guess:

Head
Upper torso
Lower torso
Left Arm
Right Arm
Left Leg
Right Leg

That's 7 pieces, and I believe that's what they said they'd expand them to.

#44 User is offline   muppethost 

• Superman

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

I was at the Mattel/DC Panel and here's how the 7 figure waves will work.
6 of the figures will feature C&C pieces. The 7th will have a base. The 7th figure will be the A-lister of the set (For example, Superman, Flash or Green Lantern). That way, if a parent wants to buy their kid a big-name, recognizable character, they don't have to buy a bunch of b- or c-listers to "complete" another character.
another thing they announced was that the KB exclusives of Cyborg (with Sonic hand) and Unmasked Terry McGuiness Batman Beyond...should be coming out in October when Wave 4 hits.
As for Wave 2 and the problems with shipping...They are very aware of the problem. They changed
distributors in China in the middle of the wave, so only a few made it out before they changed. The second shipment of this set, including the Jason Rusch Firestorm WILL be shipped sometime after wave 3 (Green Lantern, Robin, etc).

#45 User is offline   Rollo Tomassi 

• Smug

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Dear Mattel:

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Thank you for doing everything Hasbro has decided not to do. Your figures are amazing. Your selections are OUTSTANDING. You are going to be getting all the money I would have been spending on Marvel Legends and will NOT be spending on the Marvel Puniverse figures.

BRAVO MATTEL! BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

#46 User is offline   muppethost 

• Superman

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

Another announcement from the Mattel panel was that there would be an exclusive All-Star wave that will be at Wal-Mart. The All-star wave will be the big guns or A-list characters only and will be available all-year round. I'm assuming that this is Mattel's way to make sure people (parents) can always find Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern etc. the big guns and the best known characters.

They announced that there are to be 5 main waves in 2009 and the exclusive Wal-Mart wave. There will also be TRU 2-packs, KB 2-packs and Mattycollector exclusives! Whew! For those of you who are still upset that your favorites haven't been announced yet (Green Arrow), hold on! We've only been told ONE of the 5 main waves of 2009 so far. GA may show up yet. And the winner of the fan vote will show up in late 2009...so vote, folks! Scott Nightlick (Mattel's Toy Guru) said that the other characters may eventually show up, but whoever wins will be made earlier. I personally want Catman (because there's never been a Catman and Gail Simone has made him a HOT character!!!), but I'd like to see any of them, really.

#47 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

View PostDoom Saber, on Jul 27 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

Hope they fix it in giving her cleavage. However, I really doubt they will give her sculpted straps mainly since they would probably just have it painted so that they can reuse the body for another character with a skin tight or skimpy outfit like for instance POWER GIRL.

I fixed it for you. ;)

#48 User is offline   TheGas 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

Man, what are they thinking giving a sure-to-see-huge-demand exclusive to a retailer that practically doesn't exist anymore? They'd damn well better sell that thing online (and keep it in stock)...

#49 User is offline   pooda 

• Ratar-O

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:44 AM

View PostTheGas, on Jul 29 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

Man, what are they thinking giving a sure-to-see-huge-demand exclusive to a retailer that practically doesn't exist anymore? They'd damn well better sell that thing online (and keep it in stock)...

if you mean KB TOYS....then i agree with you 100%

#50 User is offline   TheGas 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

View Postpooda, on Jul 30 2008, 07:44 AM, said:

View PostTheGas, on Jul 29 2008, 10:42 PM, said:

if you mean KB TOYS....then i agree with you 100%

Yeah, I was talking about Terry specifically. Cyborg with a unique attachment I could care less about. :P

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us