• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ROC vehicles found at US TRU Steel Crusher and Gunship

#1 User is offline   Ccav 

• Fools!!!
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

ROC vehicles found with pics.

Liking the fact the Steel crusher has rubber tires!

#2 User is offline   MUNDO 

• Leatherhead

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

I saw the Gunship and Ice Dagger this morning at Target in Peoria, IL. The $25 price tag kind of turned me off though.

#3 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

$25 price tags make me want to punch Unitarians for some reason.

#4 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

I've seen them too.. but for 25 bucks, I don't think they are going to sell very many.

This stuff is grossly overpriced.

The night Raven is 40, the Bravo vehicles (Ice Saber and Cobra Hummer) are 25, and I wonder what the smaller vehicles will be... they should be 10 bucks, so that means they will be 17.

It's unfortunate because I am not digging these vehicles, but I would like the drivers

#5 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

The Night Raven and Pitt are available at Target online right now.

#6 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

View PostCLAM, on Jul 2 2009, 12:56 AM, said:

I've seen them too.. but for 25 bucks, I don't think they are going to sell very many.

The night Raven is 40, the Bravo vehicles (Ice Saber and Cobra Hummer) are 25, and I wonder what the smaller vehicles will be... they should be 10 bucks, so that means they will be 17.

It's unfortunate because I am not digging these vehicles, but I would like the drivers

Close they are $16 or $15.97.
A while back there was a Walmart list posted.
http://superposeable.blogspot.com/2009/04/...a-listings.html

At these prices they can keep them. @grumpy@

#7 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:21 AM

View PostGoldbug, on Jul 1 2009, 11:51 PM, said:

View PostCLAM, on Jul 2 2009, 12:56 AM, said:

Close they are $16 or $15.97.
A while back there was a Walmart list posted.
http://superposeable.blogspot.com/2009/04/...a-listings.html

At these prices they can keep them. @grumpy@

well still, they shouldn't be anywhere near 16 bucks.

the 25th vehicles cost 15 bucks! That's 15 bucks for a mid-sized vehicle and a figure, or two small vehicles and two figures...... now the Ferret ATV with 1 figure costs the same amount!

#8 User is offline   Ccav 

• Fools!!!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

The Steelcrusher is worth the money, the Gunship not so much.
The Alpha's are over priced, but The only one I want is the new modded Firebat. It's too cool to pass up, especially with landing gear and missle pods.

#9 User is offline   canprime 

• Mouser

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:51 AM

View PostCcav, on Jul 2 2009, 06:58 AM, said:

The Alpha's are over priced, but The only one I want is the new modded Firebat. It's too cool to pass up, especially with landing gear and missle pods.

I completely agree.

The Steel Crusher and Gunship are $28.92 here (Canada) and the Panther is $19.92!!! (before tax of course).
The Night Raven is $48.92!!

While I love the Night Raven, it is a bit overpriced and I can do without the electronics.

However, the Steel Crusher is really worth the money. It is nearly as big as the Night Raven, though not as long of course. It has rubber tires, removable plow and great use of the launchers, and hiding them. Combine that with the Motor Viper (Oops, Nitro Viper) and it is so far the best value for the buck.

#10 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:49 PM

Well, They both look nice but the prices are a bit high. I will wait till there is a sale.

#11 User is offline   JayBee 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

Tempting..... @hmmm@

#12 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:04 PM

If price is really the only factor, I think we could probably just wait for a sale maybe? That's what happened with the ROTF stuff. They had a sale on it all like 4 days after it came out and THAT was when I bought stuff.

View PostCcav, on Jul 2 2009, 06:58 AM, said:

Isn't that the same mold usage that was going to be used for the Aliens line?

http://www.toyarchive.com/Aliens/Prototype...lTestShot1.html

#13 User is offline   RedKat 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

its been reported that some stores like wal-mart put them out to early and they got hit with a $10,000 fine, from what the report said,
Walmart hit with $10,000 fine for movie figs Ran into a Hasbro rep on my Joe hunt today.

Apparently the local Walmart had put out the movie figs early.

As a "secret shopper" he nailed them with a violation of street date fine

$10,000

ouch!

Apparently street date round these parts will be strictly enforced until July 10th. Including Toys'r us.
this came in from another site,

#14 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

View PostRedKat, on Jul 3 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

its been reported that some stores like wal-mart put them out to early and they got hit with a $10,000 fine, from what the report said,
Walmart hit with $10,000 fine for movie figs Ran into a Hasbro rep on my Joe hunt today.

$10,000

ouch!

Apparently street date round these parts will be strictly enforced until July 10th. Including Toys'r us.

You talked to a Hasbro rep? Did you ask what that big damn deal was about the street date?

It seems like it would be more of a problem FOR Hasbro. I mean if your going to fine a store for putting out your product so that customers can buy it, then maybe the store won't buy your product anymore. Know what I mean?

Oh and haven't their bee reports of ROC stuff showing up at "small mom & pop" places? Is Hasbro gonna fine them too?

#15 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

It seems like it would be more of a problem FOR Hasbro. I mean if your going to fine a store for putting out your product so that customers can buy it, then maybe the store won't buy your product anymore. Know what I mean?

In a contract for sale like this, the release date is tied into a marketing blitz, of which there's a LOT more than $10,000 invested in. July 10th is clearly when Hasbro intends to ramp up the marketing of the movie, prior to its release--and they may have sought a "midnight madness" type event with the release of the toys. In light of the fact that hasbro has TWO major properties as tent-pole films this summer, they are doubtlessly trying to orchestrate just how they arrive at market.
Marketing is often all about timing, and the window of opportunity for a toy line like this is far smaller than it used to be--so they want to capitalize on it to best effect, even if it means holding back goods to be sold on/after a specific date.
Instituting the penalty is their legal right if the retail chain/retailer agreed to those terms.

#16 User is offline   darthcamaro 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

I picked up the Covra Gunship with Firefly a couple of dayz ago at a new Walmart, they weren't suppose to sell it but did anyways.

The gunship is kinda cool, reminds me of the Raptor from BSG, but Firefly came with no weapons. price was 24.88.

#17 User is offline   RedKat 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

View Postpesatyel, on Jul 3 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

$10,000

ouch!

You talked to a Hasbro rep? Did you ask what that big damn deal was about the street date?

Oh and haven't their bee reports of ROC stuff showing up at "small mom & pop" places? Is Hasbro gonna fine them too?

i did not talk to a habro rep, like i said this info came from another site.. wal-mart is always getting in some kind of trouble.. wal mart dosent follow too much on there street date,but so far the info is on wal-mart, i dont live in that part os the state,

#18 User is offline   BigDawg 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 04 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

The outrageous price aside, that gunship looks bland, cheap, and unfinished. Is this what it looks like without stickers? These ROC toys are KILLING GI JOe for me.

#19 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 05 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

View PostRedKat, on Jul 3 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on Jul 3 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

$10,000

ouch!

i did not talk to a habro rep, like i said this info came from another site.. wal-mart is always getting in some kind of trouble.. wal mart dosent follow too much on there street date,but so far the info is on wal-mart, i dont live in that part os the state,

A $10,000 fine on a Multi-Billion dollar Corporation? That's all?:) That's a drop in the hat and Walmart is probably saying,"So what? sell! Sell! sell!!" Which i don't blame them lol @loll@

#20 User is offline   lldjslim 

• Battle Droid

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

This new GI joe rise of cobra line of toys is garbage.

I saw all of these figures just warming the shelves saturday at toys r us.

For starters they are way overpriced

Second, they look like crap. And also some of the molds for the vehicles look very familiar. Does the Rise of cobra ATV look like the Venom Striker from the Spy Troops and the Valor vs Venom line.

I think this line is going to fail. But maybe Hasbro is Targeting kids w/ this line not collectors.

But I will just stick w/ the variants and the exclusive that come out within this line.

But me for one will not be wasting my money on this garbage.

Hasbro give me 25th or die.

#21 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:48 PM

This new GI joe rise of cobra line of toys is garbage.

I saw all of these figures just warming the shelves saturday at toys r us.

Do you understand that these have only been out a day or two as of Saturday?
Hoe can product "peg-warm" when its just been put out?????

But I will just stick w/ the variants and the exclusive that come out within this line.

But me for one will not be wasting my money on this garbage.

Uhhhhhhh...................

But you just said that you are going to buy some of it..........

#22 User is offline   RecklessEndangerment 

• Romulan

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

View Postlldjslim, on Jul 8 2009, 10:20 AM, said:

Second, they look like crap. And also some of the molds for the vehicles look very familiar. Does the Rise of cobra ATV look like the Venom Striker from the Spy Troops and the Valor vs Venom line.
Actually it's the Ferret from the original RAH line with an added missle launcher.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us