TNI Forums: Wave 4 comic packs previewed - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wave 4 comic packs previewed Copperhead, Red Star and more!

#51 User is offline   Tazzzman 

  • Tazzzman in da house!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,780
  • Joined: 18-November 03

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Well once again, HASBRO shocks me. We are getting the hook line for Shipreck which is what we had been asking for. Copperhead, I'll get that one! As for the rest, SS is cool, I like the back packs they come with and to me, as most, screams DD, and I know that way back when we voted for the comic pack "fans choice" we wanted a Serpentor, which we got single carded nonetheless as well as this SS too. I remember reading a post from DRAVEN a looooong time ago saying that quite a few of the DD comic packs had already been tooled, well I guess they just added 25th body style and whala! Instant comic packs for the 25th anniversary! Once again, I am going to be broke, but happy :) As for the comic packs, I would be a little less excitted about the comic packs IF it was not Hama writing them, I like the idea "in between issues" and awesome job on Red Star. As for Duke, it is cool to see an orginal uniform, I might be able to use these as a green shirts, all cool for me. Opps and Firefly looks killer too.

#52 User is offline   Glue 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 188
  • Joined: 25-November 07

Posted 11 January 2008 - 01:21 AM

I'm finding that I like the repaints and redecos more than I was expecting, though I'm still hoping for a diver/SEAL suit Shipwreck. Though he's still got the angry look, AND the closed right fist with the holster on the same leg. Hahaha. But he looks like he's finally gonna come with that hook thing. Copperhead's a must for me.

Firefly doesn't look that notably different, but the vest is kinduva nice touch, and I like those removable goggles! I'm actually not as turned off by Yet Another™ Storm Shadow as I was expecting to be. I was originally thinking this'd be the first release I skip, but now maybe not...

And I kinda like the simplicity of the greensuit Duke (seems like it'd work well for customs) and the cheesiness of the whole Oktober Guard concept.

#53 User is offline   harkiri 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 59
  • Joined: 09-February 07

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

I am so glad they are making a DD version of Storm Shadow. that mold looks awesome. If they put a shirt on him, which I bet they will, then I will but it in a heartbeat. My wife is not going to be happy with me :) she cant understand why I have so many Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows, I just keeps saying they look great and I love the characters, if they make lousy looking ones I dont buy them, they make great ones, sorry, ten more dollars gone :P

#54 User is offline   Draven79 

  • Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 26,126
  • Joined: 21-March 02

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

WHat can I say, I like the all even the Duke and Red Star surprisingly! :D But Copperhead is LONG over due!! I am just glad we did not get him in JvC form now!!
Draven

#55 User is offline   Blackjack 

  • Carpe Noctum
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,026
  • Joined: 05-December 03

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Duke has never really been my favorite Joe, but I really like this version of him. The all green "Original 13" style uniform gives him a "team look" that allows him to fit right in with Hawk, Breaker, Rock N Roll, etc.

Plus, one could add sunglasses and he would make a great Short-Fuse.

#56 User is offline   midnight doctor 

  • "Blah Blah Blah."
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,256
  • Joined: 25-August 03

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:32 PM

All the packs look good so far.I'll bet that Red Star may be the code name for Col. Brekhov in this half story and won't be the same guy that was released later in the Joe line.This Red Star's colors are about the same as the comic pack Brekhov from a few years ago.This works just fine in my opinion.

#57 User is offline   firefly69 

  • Cobra Viper
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 502
  • Joined: 30-October 05

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

upon further reflection, I am going to grab the copperhead pack but pass on the rest.

#58 User is offline   umanumanamo 

  • Foot Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 481
  • Joined: 29-November 05

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:37 PM

My thoughts:

Firefly vs. Storm Shadow
: looks good. I'll more than likely get this one. Love the two characters and the accessories look cool.

Duke vs. Red Star: Looks interesting but I'll pass. I have the one Duke I need for now, until I see him in the tan/red camo from '92. I don't care much for Oktober Guard, so Red Star, while looking decent here, will be passed up.

Copperhead vs. Shipwreck: I might get this. Shipwreck doesn't do much for me, but Copperhead is a new sculpt and all, so I feel compelled.

It seems like Copperhead is a popular character around here. Why? What makes him so cool? I'm not too keen on the color scheme and how he fits in with the rest of Cobra's ranks... could someone shed some insight and background on his character?

Could anyone also tell me if these 2-packs include the Doc stickers?

#59 User is offline   Blackjack 

  • Carpe Noctum
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,026
  • Joined: 05-December 03

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

I was about to ask if Red Star is actually supposed to be Brekov, since I am pretty sure Red Star never appeared in the comics, and this is a comic pack.

I will definitly be grabbing them all, especially Copperhead. I am a Cajun, so he has always been a favorite character of mine.

#60 User is offline   Goldbug 

  • Autobot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 938
  • Joined: 11-August 05

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:01 AM

View PostBlackjack, on Jan 13 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

I was about to ask if Red Star is actually supposed to be Brekov, since I am pretty sure Red Star never appeared in the comics, and this is a comic pack.

I will definitly be grabbing them all, especially Copperhead. I am a Cajun, so he has always been a favorite character of mine.


No Red Star is a completely different character.

Quote

Cartoon notes: Red Star's most significant appearances were the first-season DIC episodes Night of the Creepers, General Confusion, Cold Shoulder, and That's Entertainment, and the second-season episode Message from the Deep.
Comic notes: Red Star (identified as Col. Krimov) appeared in 3 issues, all in 1994: #146-148.
http://joes.propadeutic.com/1991.html
He was always identified as Col. Krimov even in the cartoon.
I think the confusion is because he took over the Oktober Guard after Brekhov. Also because his mold was re-used to make Brekhov in 1998.

#61 User is offline   GeneralZod 

  • Kneel Before Zod...KNEEL!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,441
  • Joined: 14-April 03

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

View PostJayC, on Jan 10 2008, 06:20 PM, said:

View PostMekk Z, on Jan 10 2008, 01:36 PM, said:

View PostDPrime, on Jan 10 2008, 03:28 PM, said:

What is that SS supposed to be?


G.I. Joe Issue #6 From Devil's Due Publishing
Posted Image


This actually my favoirte version of Storm Shadow and been waiting for a long time to get a figure version of him, however this figure for some reason is not wearing a shirt. I hope that is changed in the final release or something. Anyone else think that Duke could easily translate into a Grunt figure?

That exactly what I was saying they should have made a Grunt figure. Now look dont get me wrong, I love all the new stuff so far. Im glad we are getting some really good stuff, but when I think comic line, I think existing comics from the Marvel, DDP hell even the Darkhorse run, being packed with figures from those comics. When you create the figures, then create the comic for that figure its not the same for me.

#62 User is offline   Blackmada 

  • Bumblebee
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11,413
  • Joined: 12-June 02

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:23 PM

View PostGoldbug, on Jan 14 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

View PostBlackjack, on Jan 13 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

I was about to ask if Red Star is actually supposed to be Brekov, since I am pretty sure Red Star never appeared in the comics, and this is a comic pack.

I will definitly be grabbing them all, especially Copperhead. I am a Cajun, so he has always been a favorite character of mine.


No Red Star is a completely different character.

Quote

Cartoon notes: Red Star's most significant appearances were the first-season DIC episodes Night of the Creepers, General Confusion, Cold Shoulder, and That's Entertainment, and the second-season episode Message from the Deep.
Comic notes: Red Star (identified as Col. Krimov) appeared in 3 issues, all in 1994: #146-148.
http://joes.propadeutic.com/1991.html
He was always identified as Col. Krimov even in the cartoon.
I think the confusion is because he took over the Oktober Guard after Brekhov. Also because his mold was re-used to make Brekhov in 1998.

I think he was just asking if Red Star was ever in a comic and if not then they should be making Brekov instead, like they mixed up the two up for the pack here.

I do believe Red Star was in a Marvel Comic. One of the last issues with Star Brigade. I think he was only shown in a space suit though.

#63 User is offline   Goldbug 

  • Autobot
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 938
  • Joined: 11-August 05

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

View PostBlackmada, on Jan 14 2008, 11:23 AM, said:

View PostGoldbug, on Jan 14 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

View PostBlackjack, on Jan 13 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

I was about to ask if Red Star is actually supposed to be Brekov, since I am pretty sure Red Star never appeared in the comics, and this is a comic pack.

I will definitly be grabbing them all, especially Copperhead. I am a Cajun, so he has always been a favorite character of mine.


No Red Star is a completely different character.

Quote

Cartoon notes: Red Star's most significant appearances were the first-season DIC episodes Night of the Creepers, General Confusion, Cold Shoulder, and That's Entertainment, and the second-season episode Message from the Deep.
Comic notes: Red Star (identified as Col. Krimov) appeared in 3 issues, all in 1994: #146-148.
http://joes.propadeutic.com/1991.html
He was always identified as Col. Krimov even in the cartoon.
I think the confusion is because he took over the Oktober Guard after Brekhov. Also because his mold was re-used to make Brekhov in 1998.

I think he was just asking if Red Star was ever in a comic and if not then they should be making Brekov instead, like they mixed up the two up for the pack here.

I do believe Red Star was in a Marvel Comic. One of the last issues with Star Brigade. I think he was only shown in a space suit though.


Umm Yes that is why I quoted & linked to that one site. Comic notes: Red Star (identified as Col. Krimov) appeared in 3 issues, all in 1994: #146-148

#64 User is offline   RockSteady 

  • Snakeman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 986
  • Joined: 09-May 07

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

I like all three of the packs. Storm Shadow and Firefly is my favorite. Duke and Red Star are a close second.

Share this topic:


  • 3 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us