BBTS has pre orders for New DCUC 2 Pack

nonameshmo30

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To avoid posting the link to AFI, I'll quote it here...

Hey toy fans,

So here is the deal with the new DCUC 2 packs and new IH Mallah's Revenge 6 packs that has shown up on some internet sites.

These are currently "proposed" packs which we would very much like to get to. What are the factors holding them up you say? Well fan interest that is what!

To generate this, we have offered these packs to online retailers in hopes of generating enough pre-sales and support going into production. If we do recieve that and can hit the minimum order quantity we need to go into production, these packs will roll out throughout 2009. Here is the skinny:

Batman vs Clayface

Batman will be in his black and gray costume with "mud splatter" effects. Clayface will be an exact reissue of this hard to find figure.

Superman vs Brianiac.

This is proposed as a standard Superman figure (Eradicator head on the Wave 6 Superman body with red heat vision eyes) vs. Classic Brainiac (green head) with an all new head and coller piece. Brainic will come armed with Luthor's gun from the 2007 figure.

Supergirl vs. Luthor

This will be a reissue of the Blue outfit Kara Supergirl and the power suit Lex, but perhapes with a little surprise in the accessories!

Golden Age Hawk Pack

Two new figures to start your golden age collection.

So again, all of these packs are pending fan interest. Because they are not being carried (at this time) by any of the large box stores, we need to generate a minimum order before we can turn on the green light and go into production.

And while many may ask "why not sell these on MattyCollector.com?", well, that is because we have other more intensive packs with more obscure characters from the DC universe planned for the Matty.com offerings which are already going forward - check out the new issue of Toy Fare for a sneak peak at Alex Luthor and Ultraman. These 4 packs are meant to get harded to find figures back in collectors hands. (vs the Matty packs are all news characters in each pack).

If these packs do not get produced, we will try to work these characters back into the line down the road. But for now, the best way to show support for these packs is to place pre orders with your favorite online retailer today!

Also, look for a surprise reveal on MattyCollector.com right after Xmas this year!

Toy Guru

Thanks opticon I was just about to add this nugget.

I may get slamed for this but I think its kinda a load of crap. have to generate interest buy buying online when the company knows that people have been clamering for alot of these to be reissued and all the Q&A sessions where people have asked about them reissueing them.

Does anyone else agree or no?

where else are these up for pre-order? I've heard BBTS are always the last to get in anything. Also I'm a little wary of these being online. The DCUC line has had no shortage of quality issues and to order sight unseen is a bit worrying unless their QC becomes more consistent.

I think the demand for those certain characters will be high enough so they will go into production. Personally i will only be getting the Batman/Clayface and the Superman/Brainiac one definately, but i'd have to see exactly what the others look like to figure out if i'd get them or not.

I liked the TRU two packs and glad to see they are doing more. I love the expansive packaging. I haven't collected DC stuff in years so I'm not sure which are new figures and which are re-releases. Can someone tell me?

well the hawkman/hawkgirl golden age are new. Brainiac is new and technicly gray and black batman is kinda new with mud on him.

The superman is kinda new too. Old body with new head But kinda old head with it being off of eradicator which is out now. Clay face is reissue and supergirl is reissue and sounds like luther is reissue

To avoid posting the link to AFI, I'll quote it here...
Hey toy fans,

So here is the deal with the new DCUC 2 packs and new IH Mallah's Revenge 6 packs that has shown up on some internet sites.

These are currently "proposed" packs which we would very much like to get to. What are the factors holding them up you say? Well fan interest that is what!

To generate this, we have offered these packs to online retailers in hopes of generating enough pre-sales and support going into production. If we do recieve that and can hit the minimum order quantity we need to go into production, these packs will roll out throughout 2009. Here is the skinny:

Batman vs Clayface

Batman will be in his black and gray costume with "mud splatter" effects. Clayface will be an exact reissue of this hard to find figure.

Superman vs Brianiac.

This is proposed as a standard Superman figure (Eradicator head on the Wave 6 Superman body with red heat vision eyes) vs. Classic Brainiac (green head) with an all new head and coller piece. Brainic will come armed with Luthor's gun from the 2007 figure.

Supergirl vs. Luthor

This will be a reissue of the Blue outfit Kara Supergirl and the power suit Lex, but perhapes with a little surprise in the accessories!

Golden Age Hawk Pack

Two new figures to start your golden age collection.

So again, all of these packs are pending fan interest. Because they are not being carried (at this time) by any of the large box stores, we need to generate a minimum order before we can turn on the green light and go into production.

And while many may ask "why not sell these on MattyCollector.com?", well, that is because we have other more intensive packs with more obscure characters from the DC universe planned for the Matty.com offerings which are already going forward - check out the new issue of Toy Fare for a sneak peak at Alex Luthor and Ultraman. These 4 packs are meant to get harded to find figures back in collectors hands. (vs the Matty packs are all news characters in each pack).

If these packs do not get produced, we will try to work these characters back into the line down the road. But for now, the best way to show support for these packs is to place pre orders with your favorite online retailer today!

Also, look for a surprise reveal on MattyCollector.com right after Xmas this year!

Toy Guru

Batman & Clayface: Clayface looks darker than I remember him, but I never got the first release so this is a welcomed offering. Batman looks like a repainted Wave 1 Batman. This would be fine with me. I wouldn't mind this version of Bats. I just wish he didn't come ...um...dirty.

Superman vs Brainiac: It sounds like this is the Superman I've been waiting for. I just wish his eyes were normal and not perpetually locked in "heat vision" mode. Brainiac sounds like the Brainiac I've been waiting for since I was a kid. I hope he comes with a shrinking ray gun and ...and this would really be the cherry on top... a bottled city of Kandor!

Supergirl & Luthor: I was hoping for a 70's Luthor or even a more comic accurate Armored Luthor. Since I have both of these figures, I'm passing on this set.

Golden-Age Hawkman and Hawkgirl: Wow! I assume these are new heads on the Hawkman and Hawkgirl bodies but that's good enough for me. An alternate Hawkman head with the cowl would really put this set over the top.

Overall, these are great sets and I'm looking forward to them. I hope they keep this up. Green Lantern set anyone?

I liked the TRU two packs and glad to see they are doing more. I love the expansive packaging. I haven't collected DC stuff in years so I'm not sure which are new figures and which are re-releases. Can someone tell me?

well the hawkman/hawkgirl golden age are new. Brainiac is new and technicly gray and black batman is kinda new with mud on him.

The superman is kinda new too. Old body with new head But kinda old head with it being off of eradicator which is out now. Clay face is reissue and supergirl is reissue and sounds like luther is reissue

I guess the re-releases will be identical as far as the shades of coloring. I know sometimes Mattel alters the deco on some later releases compared to the initial ones.

This is awesome news. While I may already have some of these figures, the differences on some of them offer me more of an incentive than the Mogul/Cyborg pack did. I will probably buy them all, and I am especially looking forward to Clayface, who I have never seen. This also gives me hope to see Catwoman one day.

I find it a little annoying that these sets are being dangled in front of us without any guarantees. These sets MIGHT be made some time next year ...IF a lot of us order these things sight unseen from websites that notoriously charge much more than a store does and just pray to God that these things aren't ugly and don't arrive broken or with multiple right hands.

I'm going to wait to see if Mattel actually commits to this. They're a business for God's sake. The risk of the investment should be THEIRS!

I find it a little annoying that these sets are being dangled in front of us without any guarantees. These sets MIGHT be made some time next year ...IF a lot of us order these things sight unseen from websites that notoriously charge much more than a store does and just pray to God that these things aren't ugly and don't arrive broken or with multiple right hands.

I'm going to wait to see if Mattel actually commits to this. They're a business for God's sake. The risk of the investment should be THEIRS!

I agree thast pretty much the nail on the head.

Were there paint issues and parts problems with the DCSH line? I wasn't collecting those back then.

There were a few but not like we have seen from the DCUC line. For the most part the DCSH line was great as far as problems. I mean you would find maybe some paint bleed or maybe the paint didn't cover all of the part. But it would be small like the black hair may have a spot where it wasn't covered or something along those lines.

But there were no backwards legs or arms and not much breaking of limbs that i know of The biggest problem was the last superman wave they sent to big lots. that problem would be finding cyborg sups and black suit sups

from the orange card DCSH finding azrael was kinda hard and the last batman wave was almost impossable to find. But again not the paint apps or QC problems and the others stated

I agree.

My biggest fear is that I'll order them and I'll open the package and they'll be sloppy paint or wrong parts. The nice thing about getting the figures at a store is I can visually inspect them and decide if I want them or not. Here it is luck. And what if they aren't up to par? Will the online retailer pay for the shipping to return them?

Do I need to buy three or four sets and hope that the odds will mean I'll be able to cobble together one satisfactory set?

I agree.

My biggest fear is that I'll order them and I'll open the package and they'll be sloppy paint or wrong parts. The nice thing about getting the figures at a store is I can visually inspect them and decide if I want them or not. Here it is luck. And what if they aren't up to par? Will the online retailer pay for the shipping to return them?

Do I need to buy three or four sets and hope that the odds will mean I'll be able to cobble together one satisfactory set?

HAHA!!! Hell no the online company isn't gonna pay for you to ship them back.

I pre-ordered clayface as soon as I heard about them. I was just debating/trying to justify yesterday spending 50-60 bucks on clayface and now he's available with a batman for 24.99! Hopefully this set gets made because he's my most wanted figure ever

I pre-ordered clayface as soon as I heard about them. I was just debating/trying to justify yesterday spending 50-60 bucks on clayface and now he's available with a batman for 24.99! Hopefully this set gets made because he's my most wanted figure ever

I'm glad you didn't listen to my advice! It's great that they're giving everyone a chance to get this figure... if there are enough orders that is?