TNI Forums: The GI Joe Collectors' Club Announce Their 2009 Membership Exclusive Figures - TNI Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The GI Joe Collectors' Club Announce Their 2009 Membership Exclusive Figures

#1 User is offline   The Wire 

• Yoda
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

The GI Joe Collectors' Club Announce Their 2009 Membership Exclusive Figures

View the full article

#2 User is offline   Tom-1 

• Prince of Space

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:24 AM

Awesome! I have four sets of the "Mayhem" convention set ( I was a big big fan of that one, I admit ) and getting this is going to be sweet. : )

I be fair, though... I'd probably be able to spot him in the water from like... two miles away.

Tom

#3 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

• With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:45 AM

This is the first figure that I've seen so far that has really made me want to join the club. The past figures were cool.....but not enough for me to say WOW. This figure really pops IMO. Plus it goes with the Destro set .......great figure.

#4 User is offline   KamenDreda 

• KamenDreda

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

Eh... RAH classic sculpt. I could care less. Bring on some 25th molds and then we can talk

#5 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

Wank.

A good idea, conceptually, having one of those stray IG troop types in proper IG colors, but the garish gold should've been more subdued. Black and red, while being very similar to the Cobra Eel, are decent water-ops colors. Gold?

Not so much at all.

#6 User is offline   Cobra Command 

• I don`t suck anymore!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

Pass, maybe in 25th style.

#7 User is offline   darthhenning 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

Nice, but honestly, lets get with the 25th sculpt please. ARAH was cool, but can't match the quality of the new figures.

@can@

#8 User is offline   dakullprt 

• General KULL/Govonor Generalof The South American Corba Forces

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

I wonder why they choose to make an army builder their exclusive? This should be in an augment pack of 2 to 3.

#9 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

I like it! I love the set and I love the fact the club is still doing O-rings! Great figure. This is one I might have to buy a couple of.

#10 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

• With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

View Postdarthhenning, on Aug 15 2008, 10:32 AM, said:

Nice, but honestly, lets get with the 25th sculpt please. ARAH was cool, but can't match the quality of the new figures.

@can@

Then everyone would complain that its just another 25th re-paint...........plus I think we get enough re-paints in the 25th line anyway.

#11 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

View Postdarthhenning, on Aug 15 2008, 11:32 AM, said:

Oh, is the pendulum on that side today?

Not a slam at you, just a comment on the board in general. Some days it seems like everyone would be happier if we just got ARAH all over again, and then on others, it's like we've hit a new age of greatness and everything prior to 25A was just practice.

To be honest, even I'm not sure where I stand. It's just an observation.

#12 User is offline   Tazzzman 

• Tazzzman in da house!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

I like the fact that they are building on to previous con sets to get us more troops. I might have to get a few more when they have them for sale. Renew me ASAP.

#13 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

View PostMagic 8 Ball, on Aug 15 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

View Postdarthhenning, on Aug 15 2008, 11:32 AM, said:

Oh, is the pendulum on that side today?

Not a slam at you, just a comment on the board in general. Some days it seems like everyone would be happier if we just got ARAH all over again, and then on others, it's like we've hit a new age of greatness and everything prior to 25A was just practice.

To be honest, even I'm not sure where I stand. It's just an observation.

You know I like some of the 25th but if they went back to the o-rings I would be happier. I know i might be a minority but i never liked the first set of 25th figures that came out. Very few 25th figures I will get now.

#14 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

View PostMavdayvaas, on Aug 15 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

You know I like some of the 25th but if they went back to the o-rings I would be happier. I know i might be a minority but i never liked the first set of 25th figures that came out. Very few 25th figures I will get now.

Some days I handle a 25A figure and I'm like "It doesn't get better than this!"

Other days I pick up one of my ARAH figures and I'm like "I wish they still made them like this..."

#15 User is offline   BrotherShane 

• As seen on TV!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Not a bad looking figure

#16 User is offline   Tom-1 

• Prince of Space

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

Wait... am I seeing this thread through Bizarro lenses, or are most of you asking for 25th design over RAH design? I never thought this could happen!Don't get me wrong, I love the 25th... it's just not what I expected from TNI in a million years.

But look at it like this... the 25th isn't over yet. What happens if Master Collectors makes and Airtight or Lowlight of Wetsuit out of existing parts tomorrow, and Hasbro makes one a month from now with completely new and AWESOME parts? Would you regret spending $30 on a MC figure that's worthless now? I think it would be best if MC kept away from the 25th until it looks like the line is down for the count. That way, I can at least feel comfortable that the collosal expenditure will not be upstaged by Hasbro.

Tom

#17 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

View PostMagic 8 Ball, on Aug 15 2008, 11:48 PM, said:

Other days I pick up one of my ARAH figures and I'm like "I wish they still made them like this..."

I'm with you on that sentiment!

What gets me though, is that 25th style is currently on the retail SHELVES and yet...one of the few (if not ONLY) place to acquire an o-ringed, original styled ARAH figure (aside from ACTUAL vintage items to be found on ebay) is a place like the collectors club here, and what do we see? People wanting to deprive us of THAT in lieu of even MORE 25th style figures. <_<

Try to spread the joy and create a little something for everyone and all you get is it's not what I WANT!...Stop it all together! NOBODY should be able to have it...it's OLD!!

Selfish bastards! @firedevil@

Tom-1 said:

Wait... am I seeing this thread through Bizarro lenses, or are most of you asking for 25th design over RAH design? I never thought this could happen!Don't get me wrong, I love the 25th... it's just not what I expected from TNI in a million years.

But look at it like this... the 25th isn't over yet. What happens if Master Collectors makes and Airtight or Lowlight of Wetsuit out of existing parts tomorrow, and Hasbro makes one a month from now with completely new and AWESOME parts? Would you regret spending $30 on a MC figure that's worthless now? I think it would be best if MC kept away from the 25th until it looks like the line is down for the count. That way, I can at least feel comfortable that the collosal expenditure will not be upstaged by Hasbro.

Tom

yeah..that's what I meant also! ^_^

#18 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:40 AM

All i know I really hope that MC continues with the O-rings. Heck, I wish they would continue the DTC line. I think that would be an could be a good line to continue. However, I am excited about the AT 3 3/4 inch line coming from them as well. Yeah, it might be a little pricey but hey, what hobby isn't expensive?:)

#19 User is offline   PhoenixSword 

• Hello darkness my old friend

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

But look at it like this... the 25th isn't over yet.

r.i.p RAH :(

#20 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

View PostStraight Edge, on Aug 15 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

A good idea, conceptually, having one of those stray IG troop types in proper IG colors, but the garish gold should've been more subdued. Black and red, while being very similar to the Cobra Eel, are decent water-ops colors. Gold?

Not so much at all.

There are reasons you'd want a high-vis diver. Maybe he's a rescue diver? (Maybe a good way to differentiate them from the original colours, who knows?)

View Postdarthhenning, on Aug 15 2008, 08:32 AM, said:

No thanks, you 25th fans are getting new stuff all the time. This is what the Collector's Club should be all about. We'll get exclusive 25th figures from them eventually, but they should offer RAH stuff for as long as possible. Besides, the "quality" of a lot of the new figures leaves a lot to be desired...

View PostMagic 8 Ball, on Aug 15 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

I'm with you on this. Sometimes I pick up a 25th figure (like Snake Eyes V1 for example) and think "It doesn't get any better than this."

Then I pick up a figure like Major Bludd, Zartan, Serpentor, Steeler or Flint or any other figure with the Duke arms, and think "..."

#21 User is offline   ARROW 

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

I have a bit of a bone to pick here........and its with the "reporting" of this story on TNI.
The headline cites a plural--as in figureS.

The story is missing mention of the OTHER exclusive figure, namely the 12" Adventure Team TALKING Black Commander!
Yep, the free 12" figure is going to be a talker, and a separate uniform and box set to make the figure a complete "repro".
The Undertow is fine enough I'm sure, but the Black Commander is, imo, equally exciting news.

#22 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:22 AM

View PostPhoenixSword, on Aug 17 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

But look at it like this... the 25th isn't over yet.

r.i.p RAH :(

They're not exactly DEAD...yet! ^_^

MC is keeping the torch lit for'em, so that's why I'm scratching my head over any complaints about it. O-rings are always going to be the BEST style of 3 3/4" action figures, at least for the ones that you actually WANT to pose and play with and then receive ANY kind of satisfied feeling of accomplishment in working that pose just right. O-rings get a bad rap from the newbies, because it disguinshes what us OLDBIES started out with, and in an attempt to surpass our vintage years, above and beyond their own point of joining in, they glob onto the NEW style (even if inferior) because it came along in THEIR tenure and anything NEW will always trump whatever is old...in their minds. :P

The 25th style would be perfect, if it had the type of construction of those new 3 3/4" wrestling figures, with the better chest articulation on top of a swivel waist feature. Add that to the 25th style and viola' I might throw down the torch for O-rings finally.

#23 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:30 AM

here is an idea, why not put back the Orings in the 25th figures? Why is that in the past 8 years there has been how many different types of designs for our beloved figures? Why not go with the method that works and be done with it? ok i said my piece;)

#24 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

View PostMavdayvaas, on Aug 17 2008, 12:30 PM, said:

here is an idea, why not put back the Orings in the 25th figures? Why is that in the past 8 years there has been how many different types of designs for our beloved figures? Why not go with the method that works and be done with it? ok i said my piece;)

I would LOVE that, but I'm trying to settle with a compromise.

The above suggestion would still be something NEW which would please the newbies/o-ring haters, but it's also about as close to the articulation ability of an old o-ringed Joe (imo), that would satisfy MY wants and preferences, so I thought there might be a bridge to join us all together in happy harmony? ;)

#25 User is offline   Tom-1 

• Prince of Space

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

View PostARROW, on Aug 17 2008, 09:19 AM, said:

I have a bit of a bone to pick here........and its with the "reporting" of this story on TNI.
The headline cites a plural--as in figureS.

The story is missing mention of the OTHER exclusive figure, namely the 12" Adventure Team TALKING Black Commander!
Yep, the free 12" figure is going to be a talker, and a separate uniform and box set to make the figure a complete "repro".
The Undertow is fine enough I'm sure, but the Black Commander is, imo, equally exciting news.

...People collect 12" figures now? : O

Tom

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us