• Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

G.I.Joe Comic 2-Pack Wave 7 Sneak-Peek

View the full article

#2 User is offline   Neutron 

• Cardassian

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Could that be Joe Colton in that third one?

If so, he could be the one bright spot. The rest of those covers have too many Cobra Commanders and Wild Bills for me to get excited about.

#3 User is offline   Freedom 

• Show Me Something!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

#25 - Rock 'N' Roll & Deep Six
Rock 'N' Roll was the gunner on Zap's Dragonfly while Deep-Six in the SHARC went up against Wild Weasel (never understood why it wasn't Copperhead) & Firefly in the Water Moccasin.

#64 - Gung Ho & Cobra Commander
Fred disguised as Cobra Commander arrives on Cobra Island. I think Gung Ho is just in one frame when Psyche-Out & Chuckles come back into the barracks to discover all the Joes who have been underground constructing Pit III.

#86 - Viper & Iron Grenadier
Vipers disguised as Iron Grenadiers attempt to take control of a Top Secret laser that Joe Colton & G.I.Jane are in charge of. Eh...so technically you have both Vipers & Iron Grenadiers in this story.

#4 User is offline   Doom Saber 

• RaWr!

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

I hope 86 is Joe rather than IG and Viper. I mean, it isn't logical to put an IG in this wave because there was one in the DEstro/IG pack.

#5 User is offline   Straight Edge 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

The figure selection has already been confirmed via Wal-Mart lists.

So yeah, no Colton. Cobra Commander is most likely the one we saw at HissTank.com, among the "Resolute" figures: IE, Battle Armor CC with the Fred head.

Sadly, It's such an easy L.B. custom, there's really no reason Hasbro had to do this one officially.

#6 User is offline   Onslaught MVC98 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

View PostDoom Saber, on Sep 23 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

I hope 86 is Joe rather than IG and Viper. I mean, it isn't logical to put an IG in this wave because there was one in the DEstro/IG pack.

Yeah, because fans would rather have a mountain of Destros than Vipers when they're done Iron Grenadier army-building.

#7 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostFreedom, on Sep 23 2008, 01:03 PM, said:

Rock 'N' Roll was the gunner on Zap's Dragonfly while Deep-Six in the SHARC went up against Wild Weasel (never understood why it wasn't Copperhead) & Firefly in the Water Moccasin.

And yet the comic is called 'Zartan!' and prominently features him on the cover. In the comic colors that I want, no less.

*sigh*

#8 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

View PostOnslaught MVC98, on Sep 23 2008, 04:10 PM, said:

View PostDoom Saber, on Sep 23 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

Yeah, because fans would rather have a mountain of Destros than Vipers when they're done Iron Grenadier army-building.

I'd take the Vipers over Destro.

Right now I have one Iron Grenadier and six Vipers. I want more IG's. I don't mind having more Vipers. Other than this 2 pack my only other options are getting mountains of Destros or attempt to find the 3 packs and still have a mountain of Destros and IG Commanders that I don't work.

Joe Colton would be nice but I'll take these too. Colton can always still pop up else where. It's not like this was his one and only shot at being made.

The comic packs have been really hit or miss with me lately. More miss than anything else. Hasbro has been really weird about their selections for who is in them.

#9 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

View PostFreedom, on Sep 23 2008, 12:03 PM, said:

#64 - Gung Ho & Cobra Commander
Fred disguised as Cobra Commander arrives on Cobra Island. I think Gung Ho is just in one frame when Psyche-Out & Chuckles come back into the barracks to discover all the Joes who have been underground constructing Pit III.

#86 - Viper & Iron Grenadier
Vipers disguised as Iron Grenadiers attempt to take control of a Top Secret laser that Joe Colton & G.I.Jane are in charge of. Eh...so technically you have both Vipers & Iron Grenadiers in this story.

Man that is a good wish list.
Of course, I was thinking that Issue 25 could Zap and Zartan

# 64 Chuckles and Psyche-out< Hey a guy can dream right?>
# 86 Joe colton and Jane. There ya go!

#10 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:31 PM

What a waste. These are all Marvel comics, so little benefit there.

Rock & Roll and Deep Six: Deep Six sucks. The mold was...adequate for the pilots, but how can a PILOT and a DIVER share a mold?

They could have used Roadblock, Zap, Airborne, Torpedo, Mutt, Cutter, Zartan, Buzzer and Ripper. I think anyway. Rock & Roll was lackluster.

#64: Gung-Ho and Cobra Commander? WTF? There were a ton of guys they coulda used! If you just include "available" guys: Clutch, Lady Jaye, Bazooka, Quick Kick, Snow Job, Beach Head, Crankcase, Dusty, Flint, Falcon, Short Fuze (but then who would get the "battle" set? @firedevil@ ). But other guys included Mutt, Low LIght, Footlose, Tunnel Rat, Outback. Whole BUNCH of guys!

#86: The sure as hell better fix those damn Viper arms. That will be the ONLY reason people get it. I mean, come one, we already got some IGs in comic pack and the upcoming 3 pack witht he Officer and destro... do we REALLY need more? Besides the fact it seems the quintesential JOSEPH COLTON issue. Vipers are pegwarmers as it is.

Well, those are some horrible figure selections. Are these the dregs? Is this the last comic wave so "why bother"? Now it IS possible we will be getting these guys with some new gear, but I doubt it.

Previous packs, sure they mave have been just repaints, but they still tried (Scarface, for example). Or new guys/heads (Tripwire, the Dreadnoks, Falcon, the twins, etc.) . So why the hell are we getting THESE guys AGAIN?

#11 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:30 AM

View Postpesatyel, on Sep 23 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

#86: The sure as hell better fix those damn Viper arms. That will be the ONLY reason people get it. I mean, come one, we already got some IGs in comic pack and the upcoming 3 pack witht he Officer and destro... do we REALLY need more? Besides the fact it seems the quintesential JOSEPH COLTON issue. Vipers are pegwarmers as it is.

Again, yes some of us do want IG's again. Who wants to be stuck with a bunch of Detros when it could be a bunch of Vipers instead.

#12 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:44 AM

View PostBlackmada, on Sep 24 2008, 12:30 AM, said:

View Postpesatyel, on Sep 23 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

Again, yes some of us do want IG's again. Who wants to be stuck with a bunch of Detros when it could be a bunch of Vipers instead.

Well, if the Vipers didn't suck, is my point. They are pegwarmers. Also, we already got THREE versions of the Iron Grenadier. There were PLENTY of characters in the comic they could have used.

Compare the packs listed above with previous ones. Previous packs gave us something NEW, for the most part. If the 28 figures we got in comic packs, 17 were new in some way. In fact, only the Duke/Cobra Commander pack and first Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow pack were complete repaints. All the others got something new.

That isn't to say we can't see that with these packs. But it is highly unlikely. The WHOLE wave is just repaints. Nothing new at all (that we know) Even if Hawk and Breaker was just New Heads, they were STILL new characters.

And lets not forget there are only so many "slots" available.

#13 User is offline   darthhenning 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

Personally I like the idea of the Viper IG pack. It lets me army build two troopers cheaply, and avoid way to many destros.

The others are useless though.

@can@

#14 User is offline   Shogunfox 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:46 PM

I think all the comic packs are a waste of money. They should just do away with those and focus on the single figures and the machines. It's a headache trying to find space on the wall to display. #US1# #US1# #US1#

#15 User is offline   gojira77 

• Romulan

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Could the mystery behind these pics posted awhile back on Hisstank be solved at last?

#16 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

View Postgojira77, on Sep 24 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

Could the mystery behind these pics posted awhile back on Hisstank be solved at last?

They still match up. No Viper or IG but if they are the same there would not be new ones anyway. There is a R&R, Deep Six, Gung-Ho and Battle Armor CC with Fred head.

I still think that Duke, Strom Shadow and Snake Eyes look alot like JVC versions. I wonder if they could be the Omega guys.

#17 User is offline   gojira77 

• Romulan

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

View PostBlackmada, on Sep 24 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

View Postgojira77, on Sep 24 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

They still match up. No Viper or IG but if they are the same there would not be new ones anyway. There is a R&R, Deep Six, Gung-Ho and Battle Armor CC with Fred head.

I still think that Duke, Strom Shadow and Snake Eyes look alot like JVC versions. I wonder if they could be the Omega guys.

SE might also be the one coming w/ the Night Creeper-- anybody got a link to the cover for that pack-in comic?

#18 User is offline   gojira77 

• Romulan

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:40 PM

I just realized that this green and brown Gung-Ho would look awesome in a dio with Tiger Force Duke, Revenge of Cobra Lady Jaye, CP Breaker, and possibly the upcoming Tunnel Rat. Throw in Cluth and the Vamp, and you'd definitely be in business!

#19 User is offline   Ccav 

• Fools!!!

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:30 PM

View Postgojira77, on Sep 24 2008, 02:19 PM, said:

careful with that HT link, it may be a blackhole.

but yes, its been long solved about the pictures from the "insider" that showed the "Resolute" action figures. Which turned out to be exactly what they looked like. JVC repaints and comic pack figs.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us