• Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

G.I.Joe 3 3/4" Single Carded Wave 9 Listings

View the full article

#2 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:06 PM

Blowtorch, eh? Cool. All the others I can do without. Maybe that'll change when some pics come out, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

#3 User is offline   Cyber Bishop 

• Floating in space staring at the sun...

Posted 23 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

Blowtorch... Cool beans!!

#4 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Blowtorch. Finally!

#5 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:58 PM

And who cares about the other guys! @firedevil@

#6 User is offline   Mavdayvaas 

• Quintesson

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:03 PM

Who else is worth it in the line?I would have loved it if this would have been the line they put Recondo, Ripcord blowtorch and yes cover girl in this "Exclusive" wave. Who agrees with this?

#7 User is offline   Tom-1 

• Prince of Space

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the use of the term 'internet exclusive'. BBTS does this all the time, but they don't mean the figures themselves are exclusive, just the assortment. As in the other on-line stores won't be carrying a set with TWO Cobra Troops in it, or whatever.

Tom

#8 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

View PostTom-1, on Sep 23 2008, 11:36 PM, said:

I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the use of the term 'internet exclusive'. BBTS does this all the time, but they don't mean the figures themselves are exclusive, just the assortment. As in the other on-line stores won't be carrying a set with TWO Cobra Troops in it, or whatever.

Tom

Just like that exclusive case with two Snow Serpents and two BATs. This is the same as that.

#9 User is offline   pesatyel 

• Lando Calrissian

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:18 AM

So if Blowtorch, Duke and the trooper are available some other way, who cares.

#10 User is offline   darthhenning 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

I'm interested in Blowtrorch, but that's it.

Where the heck are the new characters? It looks like Hasbro just wants to fleece collectors with garbage until the movie comes out.

@can@

#11 User is offline   Shogunfox 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

As far as internet exclusives go, The Desert Squad and the Arctic Squad (both are 7 Figures Set) will be the only ones that you'll have to buy online. You won't find those in stores. #US1# #US1# #US1#

#12 User is offline   Valo487 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

I'm vaguely excited about Blowtorch because he's a new character, but I can't help but feel this wave is a huge waste. With only a few slots before the movie line begins, we get guys we've been getting since the line started? If Resolute is supposed to be online only, do they really think kids are going to know what Resolute versions are when they show up?

With a limited time left and a couple of characters with all their parts already made(*cough*SHOCKWAVE*cough*) just waiting on Hasbro to make them, this just seems ridiculous. The new line has proved itself, Joes are more popular than they've been since the original line, but they're going to risk our goodwill and a proven success on a movie line, especially after repaints galore before the movie line begins? What planet are they from where they think this will work, and what convinced them to pack up and leave?

#13 User is offline   gojira77 

• Romulan

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

Could this be the Duke they're talking about? Showed up mysteriously on the Hisstank boards awhile ago with some other figures that seem to have turned out genuine.

#14 User is offline   Samantha 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:54 AM

I must say, unless the Resolute figures are extremely different, in a good way. My purse will be happy for this wave. I only want the Blowtorch figure.

The upside to this wave is this. I will be able to take the extra money i will be saving and use it to pick up some of the new vehicles coming out.

#15 User is offline   DarthHavok 

• Andorian

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:30 AM

View Postgojira77, on Sep 24 2008, 04:09 PM, said:

Could this be the Duke they're talking about? Showed up mysteriously on the Hisstank boards awhile ago with some other figures that seem to have turned out genuine.

Holy crap! If this IS the Duke from this wave then I may change my optimistic approval of it. I for one like any and all new figures I can get, but this picture doesn't quite capture the 'look' I imagined for the Resolute figures. I support repaints, but good repaints. Some of the comic series have just been plain terrible. Time will only tell if I cancel my order or not.

#16 User is offline   cvg_616153241 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

I am confused as to what the "Resolute" figures are. Are these just comic book versions of the GI JOE characters?

Thanks

#17 User is offline   cvg_616153241 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

Yeh I agree. I am currently only interested in the classic figures and could really go without having to buy another storm shadow or cobra commander etc in order to get a figure I want. I am hoping to get a complete 25th Ann. set to display next to my orginal 80's era figures. I have to admit I will more then likely pick up the Matt Tracker figure though since I still have my orginal from my childhood.
Does anyone else think that on some of the figures the quality has been better then when the 25th Ann series started? I think Bazooka is a great example as being a better quality figure then lets say firefly. Maybe its just me.

#18 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:36 PM

View Postcvg_616153241, on Nov 10 2008, 09:52 AM, said:

I am confused as to what the "Resolute" figures are. Are these just comic book versions of the GI JOE characters?

Thanks

Resolute will be an online G.I. Joe cartoon.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of this wave.

#19 User is offline   Neutron 

• Cardassian

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

What happened to Resolute Zap?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us