Votc Boba Fett Made Uber Posable

steel bonnet

Hi all,

Another of my projects l`ve mentioned to some of you here

Finally showing off the simple & effective way to turn the VOTC Fett into the UBER Posable Boba Fett.

Photo`s first.......

VOTC Fett or is it???

http://www.ofoto.co.uk/PhotoView.jsp?colli...y=1122572921250

"Night Fever Night fe ver"

Closer look at his groin area (oooh errr missus)

Helm off

Well as you can see he has the inner thigh ball section of a Joe. I found a grey set that were close to the VOTC Fett & then reworked the upper area to fit the ball inner thigh into. Then l cut the slit for the arm of both thigh balls.

The wrists & helmet & cloak are off the 300th Edition Boba. The hands are off the VOTC Fett & he`s made so he can switch forearm pods.

The head is a clone though shaved,as l see Boba Fett as someone who doesn`t really remove his helmet & all that wear is a bugger on hair.

the neck cloth is actual cloth so it creases when turned & holds.

Adds that little bit more l think.

Still working on his backpack,so that`ll be up soon.

ja

Steel Bonnet

Very nice!

Wait... He got a haircut! LOL

WOW! That's incredible! Would you care to go into details on exactly how you did this? I would LOVE to customize some ball-jointed legs on my VOTC fett!

From what I can see, you hollowed out fett's pelvis to make room for the GI joe's pelvis and cut the leg of the joe so that the ball joint would fit onto the VOTC fett leg once you glue it. Did you do anything to the fett legs themselves? Did you dremel them a bit or just cut off the posts? Also, do you know what Joe figure you used exactly?

Thank`s very much guys for the very kind words :D

I liked the idea of him being bald so went with that (well anyone who wears a helmet all the time will know it`s not good for the hair...lol). I don`t see him like his dad taking it off as much as he did.

As he said in TWIN Engines...."This IS my face".

As for how did l do the ball joint.

Well l dremeled out the top thigh of his legs to accomodate the inner Joe thighs which are from Slice or Dice (relative new twin pack from the GI JOE line),I used him as the grey is pretty close to Fett`s.

I also used his waist too.

I cracked open the torso & where you have the hole in his back for the backpack peg,l dremelled through into the torso,Using the hole l glued a plastic rod cut so the torso halves would still close. This will be the rod to hold the "O" ring you have on Joe figures.

Then with the waist l added the 300th Ed belt to it,Just cut off the lip of the belt (that went under the originals torso) & slid the belt over the waist. I also removed the Big side pouches which l`m adding cloth one`s so not to hamper the new articulation.

I then carefully carved off the Grion armour & dremeled it smooth & thin to glue onto the Joe groin area & again trimmed it a little not to affect new articulation.

With the thighs,as you pointed out l did indeed hollow out the Fett thighs to fit the Cut down Joe Inner thighs. Dremel out enough so not much of the joe thigh prodrudes from the Fett thigh. Once happy then cut the top of the fett thigh to follow the gap the Joe thigh has for the O ring hook arm to move so the legs can swing out & up.

Then glue the Joe inner thigh into the Fett thigh of course making sure the Hook arm is in place too. Add O rinf to hook,thread through waist section,hook O ring over the rod in torso & then put figure back together adding some glue to secure halves.

There you have it.

The 300th Ed wrist & re-adding the VOTC hands were simple enough. Also the swaping of the cloak was simple too.

Hope all this helps you.

ja

Steel Bonnet