• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Episode VII: 'The Force Awakens' Discussion Thread

#401 User is online   featofstrength 

• Catwoman
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:31 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 18 April 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

They said they would make greater use of practical effects in this movie. I'm looking forward to seeing that because it will harken back to the original films. No one ever said there would be no CGI and if you think you're ever going to see a film in the geek genre with zero CGI, you're crazy.

Again, a movie of this scale and reverence scripted and shot in a year's time. The Mouse can afford the time, the Mouse can afford the care...but the Mouse is a greedy, lazy Mouse.

And the ball droid is all we're getting for "revolutionary" improvements?

The only people expected to give more than 100% to these movies now are the fans

View Postyojoebro82, on 18 April 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

What DO you like about the trailer?

It was short?

No Carrie Fisher to scare the kiddies?

#402 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 06 February 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Jar Jar talks silly lightsaber:
http://www.ign.com/a...de-7-lightsaber

"Elsewhere in the interview, Abrams admitted he hasn't yet seen a first cut of the finished movie since editing is ongoing, and again re-emphasised his commitment to using real props where possible, instead of immediately relying on CG effects."

Again...real props? Real sets...cool. Real actors...cool...Location shots...cool. But does the repeated reminder of "real props" impress anyone? I remember a bigger promise to attempt traditional effects on whole. Sorry Pit Droid fans, I guess?

they're letting the fans know that there will be a ton of "real props" available for sale afterwards, lol. seriously though, i think that's part of it. they would make millions off of the props alone.

View Postfeatofstrength, on 16 April 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

as if you havent been bombarded with it everywhere else:
Official Teaser #2 & Screencaps

"Chewie we're home" can only mean one thing...they made it back in time for another Life Day!

Han looks older (as he should), but Chewie looks the same. they should have added a little gray to his face, kind of how dogs get gray in the face as they age.

#403 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Khan

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 18 April 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Again, a movie of this scale and reverence scripted and shot in a year's time. The Mouse can afford the time, the Mouse can afford the care...but the Mouse is a greedy, lazy Mouse.

Playing the "Big, greedy, multi-million dollar corporate entity" card is weak sauce. Sorry.

Yep, Disney is a huge, successful company that makes a lot of money. And (despite some people's best efforts) that is still allowed here in America. A company is allowed to grow and be successful. A company is also allowed to buy one of your favorite childhood properties and try to make money off of it just as the original owner did with the prequels and, yes, even the OT.

Further, a company this successful has to know what it's doing. They would not have made it that far otherwise. That being the case, why would making SW7 a careless, lazy rush job (as you suggest) ever be their business strategy? For a quick money grab? They HAVE the money already. The rights to the franchise aren't going anywhere. What they also have is a huge fan base who 95% of are still butt hurt over three movies over a decade old. On however small a level, Disney has something to prove to them, some winning over to do. That part is my personal opinion. You may or may not agree with that. What is not an opinion is the fact that this movie is the launching pad (for better or worse) for endless sequels, spin offs, and sequels of spin offs from this year until the end of time. Why would they ever go "lazy" on this of all movies?

Again, don't confuse this for me crowning SW7 a good movie before I've seen it. I just don't buy into Big Company = Bad Movie.

#404 User is online   featofstrength 

• Catwoman

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 22 April 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Again, don't confuse this for me crowning SW7 a good movie before I've seen it. I just don't buy into Big Company = Bad Movie.

No, but they can certainly afford more time, care, and exploration/experimentation. The fast-tracking will always make me wonder just how much better things could be. But we all know this is because they wanted to get it out before Harrison Ford dies.

Anyone else remember this teaser:
https://www.youtube....h?v=DGsaJpMbCTU
I remember people being excited by this, too.

#405 User is online   featofstrength 

• Catwoman

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

Much better:
http://www.dailymoti...it_fun?start=53

#406 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:49 PM

[/quote]

But we all know this is because they wanted to get it out before Harrison Ford dies.

[/quote]
lol, ya never know just how true that may be...

#407 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Where left lightsaber did I?"

Posted Today, 08:28 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 18 April 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

But I thought this whole process started back in the latter half of 2012. That's roughly three years of development and production, the same amount of time that was spent making the other films, or am I wrong about that?

#408 User is online   jedicrippler 

• We've got movie sign!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted Today, 09:23 PM

Yep, the story treatments for the sequels from Lucas were part of the sale to Disney. So the basic framework was started in 2012 & the movie comes out in 2015. About a 3 year period. Seeing as the original film took 4 years from Lucas starting the original draft in early 1973 to release on May 25, 1977, it's a 1 year difference in overall production time.

From start of filming to release it's actually going to be a longer timeframe than the original. March 1976-May 1977 compared to May 2014-December 2015.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us