2008 Wave 12

Neutron

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=13394

It's not a terribly inspirational wave. I guess it's one of those filler waves they put out while they put some effort into the good figures. This one is loaded with repaints galore. Usually, I gave a repaint at least some consideration but this time around I'm not sure if any of these are for me ...other than the Cobra Trooper with the red insignia who I've been waiting to see on a single card.

Here is the wave:

Tripwire (Desert) with meteor element: I can't tell what exactly is different about him but I am wishing I'd held off on buying the comic pack with him in it because I only wanted Tripwire and don't really care about a caped Cobra Commander. I'm a bit disappointed here because I was hoping for a Tiger Force Tripwire.

Stormshadow with ninja gear: An easy pass. I know its an old song, but how many of this guy do we need?

Cobra Diver: Actually, I'd like this guy too.

Cobra Trooper with red logo: I'll buy a few of these.

Python Patrol Crimson Guard: I'm not one of those hardliners for whom the Crimson Guard has to be crimson, but this is just pretty garish.

Dreadnok Ripper: I've never cared for the dreadnoks so I'll pass this one over as I've passed on all the others.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would release the Cobra Trooper that comes in the DVD Battle set (set 1) as a single carded figure. He's perfect, Red Cobra Logo, Black face mask, love the weapon and the white painted trim around the knee pads.

I'll get SS cause I love Ninjas

Tripwire

Cobra diver

Ripper

I'm getting only 1 Cobra Trooper/ w red face mask!!!

and passing on the CG, I hate this mold, no matter how they paint it.

I really like this wave. Even if Hasbro is calling it a "bonus" wave. Please...

Tripwire is only a buy because of the element. I like the colours of the comic pack version better.

Storm Shadow. Well, what hasn't been said before about him, SE, CC or Duke? Just another in a long line.

Cobra Diver. Now we're talking. It is good to see some use for the mold, although I am surprised they didn't try to get a 5 pack out of this figure. Again a must buy for the element.

Ripper. Hard to say, but it looks like he has a slightly lighter colour scheme than the comic pack version. I already have him, so he isn't really something I want or need.

Cobra Trooper. Another one, great, I guess. I understand the desire to have him with a red logo, but I'm not all that interested in another trooper.

Crimson Guard (PP). Ok, at least this has some history, and is not just a CG with a new mask or vest. I'll happily add this to my PP army.

this set is pretty dumb. not a single original figure in the bunch, and only a couple repaints that make any sense. And a lot of proof that Hasbro doesn't have any clue or doesn't care about fans.

I like Tripwire because he has the flat pads like he should have the first time. And he is on a single card, which I also like.

Python Patrol Crimson Guard is cool to me, so I am glad to see him.

The stormshadow has an interesting look... I don't mind the comic-pack lower legs so much, but I do mind the trooper knee pads on him, they shoulda used his normal knees. I think what they should have done, what the fans REALLY want out of a Storm Shadow, is give him BARE arms like the cartoon, or give him his original v2 look with 3/4 sleeves and poofy pants. How difficult is that to do??? Hasbro has given us how many versions of Storm Shadow in this line, and still no cartoon version or accurate v2????? Those would have certainly been more welcome than all the other versions they have made since wave 1.

Cobra Trooper with the accurat red symbol is a bit late to me, but now he has a red mask so its not accurate to the original. How many versions of the troopers have we seen already? Kinda a slap to the face to everyone who spent their money building a squad of troopers. It's like "thanks for buy so many, but here is another, possibly better, version!" (And they didnt give him the black mask so that they can later make you buy that version after you have bought another 5 of this one, thinking its the best they will ever do). I don't really give a crap about his red symbol at this point, and if they don't fix his crotch for this release its gonna really show how much Hasbro doesn't care about collectors (actually the red mask proves this already).

I don't like the cobra diver. I don't know why they didn't just paint that figure like the cartoon cobra divers. Aint he supposed to be almost entirely red?? Then he would have matched the DVD set Baroness diver, but I guess that would have made too much sense for them to do it that way @lol@ That black with tan accent color really ruins him, its so out of place. Couldn't Hasbro just have asked me, and I would have told them... If you HAVE to make a diver, make him all red, and make him match the cartoon and the DVD set Baroness you already released.

And now for the biggest loser, Ripper. The comic pack version was great! All they had to do was release him again on a single card for everyone that wanted a MOC one. But they had to ruin it by making him "cartoon" colors (i.e. super bright and ugly). This is just another case of Hasbro getting close to what we (me) want, but them mucking it up by doing what they want instead. (again cementing my theory that they really need a few common collectors as consultants to just let them know what isn't going to work). This figure will be a bad peg warmer.

all in all.. this wave just shows that they are kinda clueless sometimes.

Man-o-Man a filler wave if I ever saw one.

Tripwire: other than the element container he looks the same to me, I'm sorry I bought the comic pack now.

Storm Shadow: 'nuff said.

Cobra Diver: Useless.

Python CG: Yikes!!! Fugly!

Ripper: Will endure some part swapping with my other Ripper from the 2 pack I think.

Trooper: Well, I got tired of waiting for them to get around to this army builder so I made my own: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...=2053904&hl=

Really liking the PP CG.......had it as a child and LOVED it. Really liked it as a kid.......so thats why I like it now....the nostalgia of it.

SS is pretty lame........do we need another one?

I'll pass on Ripper and the Cobra Trooper......not a big fan of either.

This is a big pass for me. I like that it has three army builder figures in there, although I'd like to see a Cobra insignia on the diver. Tripwire is a real strange addition seeing as how he is just being released now.

What were you guys expecting? Every four waves is a wave like this, EVERY TIME. It only happend like four times before this and every time most of you #$## about it like you can't graspe the reason it is happening. Now after this many times it is getting rediculous hearing the complaining when you should all know what was going to happen. Get used to it because it probably won't change.

The Cobra diver is pretty cool, he will go with the Baroness nicely.

Trip-Wire could turn out better than the comic pack version. It seems like the protos usually change some.

Storm Shadow is kinda cool like that. I like the solid white and no camo on him.

Cobra Trooper is nice to finally be able to get a few singles of. I wish his mask was black though.

PP Crimson Guard. We knew it would happen, same with the rest of the PP guys. I don't care so much for PP, especially the CG but I'll get at least one. I am glad they are spreading out the PPguys and only puttingone out here and there.

Ripper is not colored bad but I do not know if I like this one or the other more. I'll wait and decide when I see it in person.

Looks like I can skip this wave as well

What were you guys expecting? Every four waves is a wave like this, EVERY TIME. It only happend like four times before this and every time most of you #$## about it like you can't graspe the reason it is happening. Now after this many times it is getting rediculous hearing the complaining when you should all know what was going to happen. Get used to it because it probably won't change.

If this is Wave 12, overall, and it's happening every four waves, how could it have happened 4 times *before* this one?

Waves 4 and 8, overall, were fillers. It's happened twice so far. Some people may not have noticed the pattern. I have, you have, but it's not been going on so long that it should be obvious yet.

When people start whinging that the "Hall of Heroes" set is just a bunch of repaints, then I'd agree with you that people look to complain.

If this is Wave 12, overall, and it's happening every four waves, how could it have happened 4 times *before* this one?

Waves 4 and 8, overall, were fillers. It's happened twice so far. Some people may not have noticed the pattern. I have, you have, but it's not been going on so long that it should be obvious yet.

When people start whinging that the "Hall of Heroes" set is just a bunch of repaints, then I'd agree with you that people look to complain.

I for one didn't notice that every fourth wave is a repaint. I mean i noticed repaint waves, but no pattern to them.

I like Tripwire because he has the flat pads like he should have the first time.

Are you sure about that?

I know the pic is kind of small and grainy, but it looks like the same quilting to me.

I really can't tell any difference between the Tripwires so I join the ranks of those who wish they'd held out for this single carded version. Then I'd have Tripwire AND the bonus piece of kryptonite.

This is a big pass for me. I like that it has three army builder figures in there, although I'd like to see a Cobra insignia on the diver. Tripwire is a real strange addition seeing as how he is just being released now.

Thank you

I swear it would of killed anybody above you to put up a link?

Thank you

@hmmm@

This is where I wish there was more of a universal numbering of the waves and not two. There is the numbering from last years single packs and then continuing to this years waves. Then there is the numbering that started over with just this years waves.

I got mixed up with that thinking this was the 12th wave of this year and added the four from last year. I see now that this is the 8th wave of this year so yeah, this is the third time for a repaint wave. Sorry about that.

this set is pretty dumb. not a single original figure in the bunch, and only a couple repaints that make any sense. And a lot of proof that Hasbro doesn't have any clue or doesn't care about fans.

I like Tripwire because he has the flat pads like he should have the first time. And he is on a single card, which I also like.

Python Patrol Crimson Guard is cool to me, so I am glad to see him.

The stormshadow has an interesting look... I don't mind the comic-pack lower legs so much, but I do mind the trooper knee pads on him, they shoulda used his normal knees. I think what they should have done, what the fans REALLY want out of a Storm Shadow, is give him his original look with BARE arms. No sleeves. How difficult is that to do??? Hasbro has given us how many versions of Storm Shadow in this line, and STILL NO FREAKIN ACCURATE v1?????

Cobra Trooper with the accurat red symbol is a bit late to me, but now he has a red mask so its not accurate to the original. How many versions of the troopers have we seen already? Kinda a slap to the face to everyone who spent their money building a squad of troopers. It's like "thanks for buy so many, but here is another, possibly better, version!" (And they didnt give him the black mask so that they can later make you buy that version after you have bought another 5 of this one, thinking its the best they will ever do). I don't really give a crap about his red symbol at this point, and if they don't fix his crotch for this release its gonna really show how much Hasbro doesn't care about collectors (actually the red mask proves this already).

I don't like the cobra diver. I don't know why they didn't just paint that figure like the cartoon cobra divers. Aint he supposed to be almost entirely red?? Then he would have matched the DVD set Baroness diver, but I guess that would have made too much sense for them to do it that way @lol@ That black with tan accent color really ruins him, its so out of place. Couldn't Hasbro just have asked me, and I would have told them... If you HAVE to make a diver, make him all red, and make him match the cartoon and the DVD set Baroness you already released.

And now for the biggest loser, Ripper. The comic pack version was great! All they had to do was release him again on a single card for everyone that wanted a MOC one. But they had to ruin it by making him "cartoon" colors (i.e. super bright and ugly). This is just another case of Hasbro getting close to what we (me) want, but them mucking it up by doing what they want instead. (again cementing my theory that they really need a few common collectors as consultants to just let them know what isn't going to work). This figure will be a bad peg warmer.

all in all.. this wave just shows that they are kinda clueless sometimes.

For the most part these waves give us collectors and fans something we want. They are not meant to all be something that everyone wants but someone will want some of it. People have been really wanting this Troop and Hasbro is giving it to us. People want more cartoon figures, they seem to be doing well, we are getting them. Some changes get made to these to make them slightly different from what was put out before and I think that is understandible. I think that by Hasbro giving us these optional bonus waves shows that Hasbro does care about us. Just because you are not getting a certain figure you want now does not mean Hasbro does not care. It just makes you look impatiant because you are not getting everything you want right now. It's one thing to say you don't care for something so you are not going to get it but saying that Hasbro does not care because you don't like it makes you come off as selfish.

The original v1 RAH Storm Shadow did have sleeves. The comic 3 pack did not and he did not have them in the cartoon. So what you are wanting is not accurate. http://www.yojoe.com/action/84/stormshadow.shtml What has been made is accurate.

Thank you

I take it you didn't get the memo about not putting up any pic before 3:03 @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Tripwire: Doesn't look desert to me. Maybe his pads are flat, but eh. I'll be getting this one for the elment and if it's better then one I have I'll use it in his place.

Storm Shadow: Ugh...pass....AGAIN! I was kinda hoping for a cartoon deco with bare arms V1 here, or a more accurate V2 SS, but nope....just got this. What a waste

Cobra Diver: Just geting this one for the element. I'll have had my fill of undersea cobra's with the EELS and won't need these. Not a bad figure, just bad timeing or path of release. Maybe it would have worked better as part of some future DVD release.

Cobra Trooper: Anyone want to tell me why this guy has a red face mask? And don't give me that whole "To keep the 5-pack one special" BS. All of Wave 4 where exactly the same as their 5-Packs releases and that didn't bother us or Hasbro, so why not do it now? I swear, at this point I'm starting to think this is just one big office joke. "Hey guys let's let them think they are getting what they want and then pull the rug out from under them. It'll be funny as hell!" Ugh. I might be able part swap to give these guys black masks, but really I shouldn't have too.

PP Crimson Guard: Got nothing bad to say here. A good use for a filler wave figure and I'll buy him if I can ever find a PP officer to go with him.

Ripper: I like this one too...but I plan on using him and comic pack Ripper to make a better Ripper. One with Bare arms that can actually hold his weapons