Week 1 GIJoe Question & Answer Section For Hasbro

JayC

The momentum for G.I.Joe has been really great, and Hasbro wants to keep that momentum going by starting a new bi-monthly question and answer session between you (the fans) and the Hasbro design team members working on G.I.Joe.

Click here for more details.

- Please keek your questions as specific as possible.

- Please try and make the questions constructive as possible.

- When you post a question, please indicate if you would like your name posted in our news if we use your question.

- Please only post questions in this thread, leave any kind of discussion or debate to other threads, as anything besides questions here will be deleted.

Reminder, I need to put together the first 5 questions and send off to Hasbro by this coming Monday 4/16 at 12 Noon EST.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will Hasbro continue the full name practice to release characters whose code names they have lost the trademarks to to relese new versions of those characters in their original designs?

With the preorders popping up in different eStores, and with the ongoing success of Star Wars battle packs using old molds or repaints of molds, will we be seeing anything like this from the 25th line and if so, will it be possible for us to see figures that we've seen prototypes of( Robot Rebellion Cobra Commander, Grey Firefly, DTC Wave 4) used in this way?

-Joe(you can post my name or forum name ;) )

Are all of the figures we have seen final, or is there a chance now that the line will be extended, that we might get a slight change in a current mold to give us a part that could be used later on? Specifically, is is possible that flint could end up with sleeves rolled up above the elbow, so that you could use those parts again later on figures like spirit, rock & roll, clutch, and falcon, among others? (you can show my user name)

Since the recent GI Joe relaunch, there didn't seem to be much consistency in the format of the product (Joe Vs Cobra, Spy Troops, Valor vs Venom, DTC). While I am not complaining, I wonder if the constant changes hurt the product line. Therfore, has a decision been made to follow one direct path with this recent relauch of the wonderful GI JOE product line? Thank you in advance and for making a dream come true but relauching the best toy line ever!

there are a number of new mini figures out on the market. will there ever be mini figures made for a gijoe transformers line of toys. say like the figures done by wwe micro aggression or matchbox mega rig figures. they have poseability and are nicely detailed. any chance of a gijoe transformers vehicle with mini figure sets like the comics?

Are you planning on releasing the animation figure packs that you stated you were looking into last year? Also, any plans on additional compic packs to finish the original 13 members in soldier gear? Thank you once again for keep G.I. Joe alive and for your continued support for 2008 and hopefully for a long time to come.

Tazzzman

Hasbro said it would either look into, or LATER add in shipping to Canada for its Hasbrotoys.com offerings. That's not happened yet. Is it going to happen, or have the Canadian consumers been abandoned?

2nd Question: I assume that vehicles will become part of the new 3.75" line--will they be re-releases, partial-upgrades/re-releases with more detail, or complete upgrades with more detail??

3rd Question: Will the new line focus on recreating/updating established characters, or will there be all-new characters or a mix of both?

4th: Question: If a mix of established and all-new characters are to be added, could we see tangentally associated GIJOE characters ( who have appeared in the toy-line, comics etc) like Joeseph Colton, GIJANE, Sgt Savage, Sgt Slaughter and Action Man in updated forms?

5th Question: Can we expect to see sub-teams, like Night Force, Tiger Force, Python Patrol etc??

Feel free to use my handle ( ARROW) or name ( Ken Davis) in acknowledgement.

Please use my screen name.

(1) Will the initial 10 figures from the Joe and Cobra anniversary battlepacks be released on single figure vintage cards? This would be far preferred for many reasons (ease of army building, nostalgia for packaging, etc). A recent issue of Action Figure Digest clearly stated multiple times that the initial 10 figures would be released on single cards as well (as repaints). Or are they referring to the Flint/Hooded CC/etc wave, which seem to at least have new heads? I was pretty disappointed when I found out that we wouldn't get the awesome single card versions of these iconic figures...

(2) Entertainment Earth has had a listing for a second Cobra battlepack for a while. The choices of figures seem odd (Cobra Commander 2004, Storm Shadow 2004, Cobra Trooper Comic Book deco, Cobra Jet Pack Trooper, Cobra Stinger Driver). We are already seeing two other versions of Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow, and why would an animated trooper be included in a battle pack with standard figures? Can you confirm who will be in this battlepack, and also whether these figures will also be available single carded?

Thanks!!

Will ALL original characters be optional in the new line, even if written off in the comics (as in killed off)?

Use of name no problem.

1. Will we see another adaptation of the version 2 Snake Eyes (other than the one in the initial wave 1 of single packed figures) closer to the original 1985 version with an all new mold?

2. For any vehicle releases, will they be released in the order they were originally released (i.e., 1982-83 vehicles first, then 1984, etc.).

3. Will Hasbro Toy Shop allow pre-ordering of the 25th anniversary figures and beyond?

- Alex Hassid