TNI Spotlight: G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary Cobra H.I.S.S. With Cobra Driver

The Wire

My thoughts on this one. It's my least favorite of the 3. Seems like we have had the HISS re-issued in some shape or form several times over the last few years. Black, Red and now blue with a black one coming again soon. So Im just kinda Hissed out in general though the blue looks fine and if you really like HISS tank toys you should be happy with this one. The figure to is kinda lack luster for me. With the traditional red Rip-It coming on single card and Blue Rip-It coming in the next HISS release, this guy just seems like an afterthought. He should fit in with the Cobra soldiers in the new TRU 5-pack if you are collecting those though. Like the other figures, no weapons or stand for him.

From the perspective of a customizer, these Target exclusives are fantastic. I imagine I can sell the hideous drivers for possibly $3-4 each which means minus the purchase of one can of black spraypaint and a little elbow grease I can get a decent army of HISS tanks for about $6 each.

I see a H.I.S.S. Tank and I want it painted black, no colors any more I want it Painted black...

these are being released again in black as JayC mentioned. So why not save your money and wait for those instead of buying these up to paint them black?

I, for one, am just tired of the V1 HISS altogether. yes, it's classic, and almost timeless, but the V2 and DTC are WAY better IMO. I'd love to see those come around again.

these are being released again in black as JayC mentioned. So why not save your money and wait for those instead of buying these up to paint them black?

Because no matter how they paint it, I will be re-painting it. I do it with almost everything. Besides, the price is good and despite being a rather patient person I would rather not wait if I don't have to... I've been without even one HISS since I sold most of my vintage vehicles.

when are they re-releasing the black one? Is it going to be an exclusive? Same price?

I am new to collecting GI Joe since the 25th line began, so I am glad they have rereleased the HISS tank again. I didnt have many Joe stuff as a kid but my best friend had lots.

when are they re-releasing the black one? Is it going to be an exclusive? Same price?

I am new to collecting GI Joe since the 25th line began, so I am glad they have rereleased the HISS tank again. I didnt have many Joe stuff as a kid but my best friend had lots.

It will be a general release. Plus it will be retooled so that 25th figures actually fit inside the cockpit. It has A MSRP of $14.99 http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...2F47059AFCC322F

It will be a general release. Plus it will be retooled so that 25th figures actually fit inside the cockpit. It has A MSRP of $14.99 http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...2F47059AFCC322F

Thanks for the info, I wasnt aware all those other vehicles were coming. I have the new blue one and the figure will fit (although very tightly).

hiss.jpg

I am loving the price. Thats like almost getting the figure for free. I don't much care what color the vehicles are if it's for Cobra. For one reasone or the other they always seem to get the short end of the stick by Hasbro.