Grade Mattel On Their Performance With MOTUC & Be Entered For A Chance To Win 1 of 2 Free MOTUC Hordak Figures

JayC

Mattel has stated multiple times on their Facebook page how successful their new Masters of the Universe Classic line has been. We wanted to hear directly from you the consumers about how satisfied you are with the handling of the line, so we decided to give away two FREE Masters of the Universe Hordak figures in order to do that.

Here is how it will work. We have TWO MOTUC Hordak figures that we will give away to two different people in a drawing. In order to be entered into our drawings (to be held July 15, 2009), all you need to do is tell us about your experience with Mattel/Mattycollector.com in this thread. We ask you to tell us the following information in your post:

1. What item(s) have you bought or tried to buy from Mattel/MattyCollector.com

2. Are you in the United States or a International customer

3. What overall grade do you give Mattel/Mattycollector.com in regards to your experience with them; A, B, C, D or F.

When deciding your grade, please take into consideration the following factors (feel free to elaborate on these factors in your post, although this is not required to be entered into the drawings):

a. Product availability – Were you able to get the figure(s) you wanted?

b. Customer Service – Did you get your figure(s) in a timely manner without any mishaps? If there were any problems, how helpful were the people at Mattel/Mattycollector.com in resolving those issues?

c. Customer Satisfaction - Were you happy with your purchase (meaning once you got the figure(s), were you happy with it)?

Only one entry per person, please. Also, please keep your post in this thread to the topic at hand and avoid commenting on anyone else’s post. Any post that deviates from the above will be deleted and not eligible to be entered for the Hordak figure drawings. Click here and please read additional contest rules.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I have ordered 2 of every MOTUC so far and 1 lobo.

2. i live in the USA, Nashville TN to be exact

3. B is the grade i would give them. this is a collectors website so i know product is limited. i still have never had a problem buying ANY figure so far but i am sure others aren't as lucky. I have had VERY wuick shipping and my toys have came to me in great shape. I know lots of others whine but i can't complain about the shipping and handling.

i have also been lucky that i have not had any defects other than a minor paint mistake here and there but you find those on ALL toys so meh.

Mattel has stated multiple times on their Facebook page how successful their new Masters of the Universe Classic line has been. We wanted to hear directly from you the consumers about how satisfied you are with the handling of the line, so we decided to give away two FREE Masters of the Universe Hordak figures in order to do that.

Here is how it will work. We have TWO MOTUC Hordak figures that we will give away to two different people in a drawing. In order to be entered into our drawings (to be held July 15, 2009), all you need to do is tell us about your experience with Mattel/Mattycollector.com in this thread. We ask you to tell us the following information in your post:

3. What overall grade do you give Mattel/Mattycollector.com in regards to your experience with them; A, B, C, D or F.

When deciding your grade, please take into consideration the following factors (feel free to elaborate on these factors in your post, although this is not required to be entered into the drawings):

b. Customer Service – Did you get your figure(s) in a timely manner without any mishaps? If there were any problems, how helpful were the people at Mattel/Mattycollector.com in resolving those issues?

c. Customer Satisfaction - Were you happy with your purchase (meaning once you got the figure(s), were you happy with it)?

Only one entry per person, please. Also, please keep your post in this thread to the topic at hand and avoid commenting on anyone else’s post. Any post that deviates from the above will be deleted and not eligible to be entered for the Hordak figure drawings. Click here and please read additional contest rules.

1) I have ordered every MOTUC figure since the line began.

2) I am in the USA

3) I have to give mattycollector.com a D based on my recent and past experiences with them.

Their customer service representatives are very helpful and curteous but theri shipping department has no idea how to pack collectibles properly for the optimal protection possible. While I have have luckily had absolutely no issues with ordering all the figures I have wanted, I have nevr received a truly mint or perfect condition package. I just recently ordered 5 Hordaks between a friend and me and all 5 figures packages were mangled and crushed. Mattel really needs to train their fulfillment crew on how to properly use styrofoam peanuts and other packing materials to ensure the condition of these collectibles during shipping.

1. MOTUC Merman and MOTUC Faker

2. U.S.

3. Overall, I would give Mattel a B. I remember Faker being particuarly easy to order but Merman was extremely hard with all the technical issues on the website. Shipping was fast but in terms of billing my credit card got hit with an additional charge for Merman even though I ordered only one figure. Didn't experience this problem with Faker at all. The assembly of the figures has been top notch. No misassembled parts but I did notice some minor misapplications of paint in several places on these figures.

1. I have order every single MOTUC figure from 2 to 10 at a time.

2. Kissimmee, Florida

3. B-, just because they are a collectors site, and we are the people that make the line live, you would think that the people that work there would care, that we are the ones that are making there pay check. I have never had a problem ordering, but there customer service does need some help. I have had people tell me that they would call me back, and never got thet call. I have never had a problem with shipping, always got me package in good time, and the packages are in good shape. I'm happy with all the figure I got, I had more problem with DCUC then this line, but I dont have nearly as many MOTUC figures as DCUC, so only time will tell.

1) I have *tried* to order just one of every MOTU figure up until Merman, then stopped due to myriad problems with availability, website problems, etc. Stopped collecting them. Ordered Starfire/Adam Strange and tried to order Ultraman/Luthor from DC series, but it sold out and silly me, I have a job and can't wait by a computer or have someone wait for me, so I'm usually out of luck.

2) I live in the U.S.

3) I would give them a grade of D. An A on the product itself, but their low production runs, even though demand is high, make it to frustrating to deal with. While I have heard both sides of the debate, I feel that by now, they should be able to accurately gauge demand. To me, it seems to be a manufactured 'shortage' to drive hype. Hopefully, it wont blow up in their faces and tank the line. The toys do look great.

I've purchased all the MOTUC figures--He-Man, Beast Man, Skeletor, Stratos, Faker, Mer-Man, Zodac and Hordak. I've also purchased the DCUC two-packs of both Adam Strange/Starfire and Ultraman/Alexander Luthor. I've always been successful in purchasing them.

the U.S.

Overall I'd give them a B+. The only thing preventing them from getting an A was the price point when it comes to the MOTUC. I think nearly $30 for one figure is a tad steep especially given the heavy re-use of parts. Other than that knock on wood I have been fortunate not to miss out on any of the DCUC or MOTUC Matty items I wanted.

I've always been online at noon est and up until Mer-Man was able to complete my purchase within a few minutes. Since the increased speed at which the figures from MOTUC have continued selling out, that purchase time has gone up from 3 or 4 minutes to the longest for me 15 minutes which still isn't too bad. I mean I've waited longer in line at Wal Mart or TRU to make a purchase.

Thankfully most of the figures I've received have been up to my standards. I've been satisfied with the paint applications which was something I was really concerned with buying sight unseen and not being able to go through them looking for a nice set. This concern was the greatest with the DCUC given the problems that plagued it with some of its waves. But surprisingly, the paint has been pretty much perfect and that extends to the MOTUC figures. I think there was a bit of very minor slop on Faker's jewel but nothing too irksome. The condition of the packaging is also worthy of mention. While I've read that others have received MOTUC figures with crushed or badly packaged cards all mine are perfect and flat as can be. The packers do pack them in the boxes rather snugly but thankfully my UPS delivery guy knows to handle my packages with the utmost care. And with the exception of Starfire's right forearm being put on the wrong way I've been satisfied with the assembly.

I was also pleased with the speed at which they get my items out of the warehouse. I don't think I've ever waited more than a day for a shipping notice.

Overall I'm very satisfied with Matty/Mattycollector and I hope that doesn't change.

1. I have ordered every MOTUC and DC Classics exclusives.

2. San Diego, CA

3.A B only because the servers go down evrytime u try and order a new item. Other than that have been very satisfied with the shipping and quality of the item.

-I ordered all the figures except for Faker, Zodak, and Hordak. I wasn't able to get in in time to order Faker and Hordak. Zodak, I elected not to purchase.

-Peoria, IL

-They get a "B" from me for a few reasons: Customer service reps could be more knowledgeable; missed figures due to server problems; and lastly, the whole "you know when they go on sale" attitude towards those who missed out. The reason the score wasn't lower is because the figures truly rock.

The figures really need to be released on the second weekend of the month, rather than the 15th. I'm one of the lucky fans that are able to access the internet during the day, but a lot of people don't work in an office. Being released on the weekend would give those other fans a better chance of ordering.

-Various MOTUC figures, and a 2 pack for DCUC

-United States Customer

-I'd rate them at a "B". I say "B" only because of the difficulty dealing with the website's High Traffic issues on MOTUC release days. The website runs slow, and I typically spend 15 - 25 minutes trying to place my orders. It's kind of nerve-racking worrying about being able to get your order placed in time, before the figures sell out.

-Even with the slow paced website, I've always been able to successfully order every figure that I've wanted.

-I've only had a few mishaps when dealing with Mattel/Mattycollector.com.

1) Every Single figure that I've ordered has arrived with damaged packaging.

2) Due to their website issues, I accidentally created multiple orders for a purchase. This was resolved through a pretty simple Order Cancellation process.

3) One figure arrived with a pretty bad gouge in the plastic on his left bicep.

4) One time I thought that I had completed an order (I had a confirmation number and everything) but the order status forever remained "Un-submitted." I had to completely redo the order. As it turned out my 2nd order was submitted with only minutes left before the figure sold out, a situation which could have resulted much worse.

-Even with the website issues and damaged packages, I'm always happy with my purchases from Mattel/Mattycollector.com. All but 1 of my figures have arrived in excellent condition. They are shipped in a reasonable time. I've always been able to get my orders through. And I've always been happy with the figures, long after purchasing them.

MOTU, He-Man, Mer Man Skeletor, Beast Man and Tried for Hordak but could not log into your site and therefore failed.

United States

Overall Grade: D

Product is an A no doubt but I'd rate the experience an F so therefore I'll settle on D because overall I am very unhappy. Granted I got most of what I wanted but I was on 10 mins before Hordak was listed and refreshed the site for over an HOUR clicking every few mins or even seconds sometimes trying to log onto the overjammed server and could not even once. So therefore I had to pay a scalper double the price for Hordak only MINS after it was listed as sold out. It was not because I was not on time but because I could not log onto the site after we were told what happened with Mer Man would NEVER happen again server wise. This is unforgivable in my book and I will enjoy Hordak a lot less now I can tell you that and also tell you that I am really turned off of this line now.

i have ordered faker, zodac and hordak

International customer, i live in Canada.

Overall grade: D. first, it takes over a month to receive the products. also, i am very disappointed how the figures are packed, there is no protection at all, all the cards are bent when i receive the figures. as a collector line, and for $20 a figure, mattel should do a much better job than this.

I bought the Starfire and Adam Strange 2-pack. Starfire was an acceptable figure but I was really pleased with Strange. I didn't know much about the characted and would not have bought the figure in a single pack, but I really am impressed with him and glad I have him. I tried to buy the Hordak but he was sold out.

USA! USA! USA!

A- for quality

C- for availability

B average

1. Heman, Beastman, Skelator, Merman, Faker, Stratos, Hordak, Zodak; Have not missed a DCUC Wave!

2. Texas

3. B : Ive gotten all figures I ordered in a timely fashion and all were good quality. Had to make sure I was near a computer on the 15th. Mattel needs to change their order time later in the day so more people can order, make MATTY more like Hasbro Toy Shop, offer more figures per month, and cut out the middle man and sale ALL DCUC directly through MATTY.

1. DCUC Adam Strange and Starfire Action Figures, King Greyskull

2. NJ - United States

3. A - The Adam Strange fig came in with weird paint apps, but I made the call, & they were sooooo nice.. I sent the strange fig back & got a brand new pack, they were totally awesome the whole way...

1. all MOTUC figures except King Grayskull (whom I was too late on) and Faker. Also all Justice league Unlimited figures to date.

2. I live in Canada

3.Grade B, I have been able to order all the figures that I really tried for, the problem being like everyone else trying to get the MOTUC figures I really had to try to get them, the whole mad rush on the 15th is a bit ludicrous, it still seems like a pre-order system even months in advance would've saved alot of headaches. That being said I've gotten all I ordered in great shape, (tho it does take over a month for it to arrive, but I use the cheapest shipping method so np)

awesome products tho, well worth the wait!

1) Thus far I have ordered 1 of each: Merman, Zodac, and Hordak.

2) I live in Georgia, U.S.A.

3) Grade B: While I have received all of the figures I have tried for I ended up having two orders submitted accidentally on Merman, but was able to cancel one. And I have fortunately been able to log on at the appropriate time for all of them, but if I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to receive either Merman or Hordak. The shipping has been within a week on all of them except for Merman (used USPS on him) and packages came fine. But I am an opener so this isn't a big deal. And so far all 3 figures are well put together and no issues with construction of pain apps.

I live in CT and have ordered MOTUC and DCUC figures. I ordered Stratos through Hordak and Alex Luthor. I would grade them overall with a "B-"

MOTUC Figures get an A

DCUC Figures get about a B-

THe stress over being there early and on time to order with a chance you still might miss out is just aweful. DCUC figure sets have yet to be available when they were originally planned for. DCUC 2 packs have been far from quarterly. The 3 second refresh solution is kind of an odd work around. I have never seen this approach taken on any site. I would recommend you scale your application server environment wider and obviously review and ensure the application code is very streamlined. I would not just get a bigger server but maybe a few smaller to mediumish servers.

1.. What item(s) have you bought or tried to buy from Mattel/MattyCollector.com.

I have bought Giganta, Gotham 4-pack and Mer-Man

United States

3. What overall grade do you give Mattel/Mattycollector.com in regards to your experience with them;

A.

a. Product availability – Were you able to get the figure(s) you wanted? Yes

b. Customer Service – Did you get your figure(s) in a timely manner without any mishaps? If there were any problems, how helpful were the people at Mattel/Mattycollector.com in resolving those issues? Everything has been great. I have experienced no problems

c. Customer Satisfaction - Were you happy with your purchase (meaning once you got the figure(s), were you happy with it)? Yes. I enjoy my JLU and MOTU figures. I only wish shipping was less.

Uhmm I don't know if this one will count since I have not "really" ordered anything my self but through friends but based off there experiance here goes.. anything for a chance to win a

hordak

1 merman, zodak

2 canada

3 I have not brought but with these two the people I ordered with seemed to have no problem , one of my problems with this site is that they take no form of payment other than CC, I have no way of ordering aside from asking friends!

a yes

b yes, not that I know of

c Yes I am happy with the figures

1. What item(s) have you bought or tried to buy from Mattel/MattyCollector.com- MOTUC figures-Mer-Man, Zodac, tried to get others.

2. Are you in the United States or a International customer? U.S. customer.

3. What overall grade do you give Mattel/Mattycollector.com in regards to your experience with them; A, B, C, D or F. I'd say a C+ to B-

a. Product availability – Were you able to get the figure(s) you wanted? No. The sellout times are ludicrous, and the refresh screen had me waiting while the figure sold out before my eyes. I did luck out with Zodac and Mer-Man though.

b. Customer Service – Did you get your figure(s) in a timely manner without any mishaps? If there were any problems, how helpful were the people at Mattel/Mattycollector.com in resolving those issues? They arrived in a pretty timely fashion, but the cards were bent up (luckily I play and display)and as for the figures themselves...see below.

c. Customer Satisfaction - Were you happy with your purchase (meaning once you got the figure(s), were you happy with it)? Granted, these are awesome figures and I fell very lucky to have them. I'm supposed to have a set of the first four coming in that I had to pay inflated overhead prices for since Matty sold out so quick. That being said, and all praise for the 4H's awesome job on this line aside, I must say that Mattel needs better quality control. I have received not one, not two, but three badly painted figures so far. The cat head of my mer-man, the belt and helmet of zodac, and the belt of a faker i traded for ALL have very bad paint bleeds and/or chips. A buddy of mine got two Hordaks (should have asked him to get me one while he was at it) and he said both had paint splotches on the armor. For "adult collector" $20+shipping figures, these should not have such issues. Other than that, the figures are incredible, and I already have a subscription for the sept-dec figs so I don't get jipped again, hopefully they will take heed and pay a little more attention to the paint quality in the future. I've heard stories of worse, though (two left feet, broken joints, etc.), so I am still very grateful to own the ones I have. Hopefully I'll get a Hordak soon, he looks to be the best figure yet! Even with these issues, I'll still say faithful to the line and do my best to get the figures, and beyond that I can't wait for the ghostbusters line (when/if they ever decide to release them). Either way, great line, could do better on production numbers and quality (considering the price).

Mahalo,

-JSD

I haven't bought any because either they were sold out or I had no money at the time. Then when I had sufficient funds they were again sold out.

USA

I'll give them a D solely in this fact

If I can't get to the product what good is it?