• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:25 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...10&itemid=13593

#2 User is offline   Rollo Tomassi 

• Smug
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

Blue Devil!?!? We are one step closer to Detective Chimp!! Huzzah!

#3 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 20 October 2008 - 04:47 PM

Not bad, but the Batman looks like the head and neck don't line up right with the body. Otherwise Bats, Blue Devil, and Green Arrow all look pretty good.

#4 User is offline   Mr. Yac 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

View PostRollo Tomassi, on Oct 20 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

Blue Devil!?!? We are one step closer to Detective Chimp!! Huzzah!

damn right

#5 User is offline   lartdog 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:29 PM

I really hope the Blue Devil fits in with DCUC. I love the character, especially in his classic costume. I'll probably buy the figure regardless though and fit it in and then if DCUC ever makes one I will just replace it.

#6 User is offline   shadowboy_2099 

• Jabba the Hutt

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:59 PM

Looking forward to Batman, because I like the character, and to see how good or bad new articulation works. FINALLY DCD as adding "action" to their figures.

#7 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:46 PM

Action Figure Insider has a sneak peek at Wave 2 on their main page. Looks like the Flash, Aquaman, the Creeper, and Black Lightning.

#8 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

Oh, I am LIKING these. I love Blue Devil and the 80's Manhunter. As far as wave 2 goes, digging the Creeper and Black Lightning also! I can't wait to see if the extra joints make more dynamic poses possible, though I know it won't be as good as DCUC. The question is, though, should I pre-order these, or will Mattel come out with their own (better) versions, as happened (and is still happenning) with the New Gods? I got stung once (DCD Orion, Lightray, and Mr. Miracle released then DCUC announced) and really can't be spending the cash on doubles, so this will require some real attention...

#9 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:31 PM

These don't hit shelves for a while, so you've got plenty of time to decide.

#10 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

Agreed. 3/4 of a year. Anything could change by then, and that's if they release on time, which they won't, given DCD's history. I love 'em, but they either have aquired, or gave birth to Diamond's lack of ability to put something out when they say they will. I figure these are good for early 2010. But I still like them, so I'll wait. As always.

I will say that if they say this line will be bigger than any they have already put out, that I am all for it. I don't know what the longest line so far is, but I'd say Batman/Superman, so far, and if they can come up with enough uniquie figs to compete with that line, I'll be happy!

#11 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:26 PM

It's obviously a response to Mattel's DCUC line. DC Direct rarely has long-running lines, so you end up with 100 different interpretations of the same characters. And many of them are odd or "unique" interpretations that wouldn't be worthy of a long-running line, anyway. But here they're going with a more definitive, uniform look that's similar to the DCUC stuff.

With DCUC, every figure looks cool, even if it's a lame character, thanks to the Horsemen's sculpts. I think DC Direct is going for that here, too, while still keeping a little of their traditional "feel" with artistic interpretation (though if that Aquaman is any indication, they fall a little short of what the Horsemen pull off with DCUC because the Wave 2 Aquaman is outstanding).

#12 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:58 AM

I think DC Direct ist learning from Mattel. This is very much inspired by DCUC, making tons of figures but use the same body :P
Blue Devil and Batman looks very cool.
I have confident that DCD can provide a decent amount of articulation for figures but they just have a problem with making it constant and standard. At least sharing bodies will solve this problem but I still want to see some ankle joints!

#13 User is offline   thanos0341 

• thanos0341

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

View PostEric, on Oct 20 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

It's obviously a response to Mattel's DCUC line. DC Direct rarely has long-running lines, so you end up with 100 different interpretations of the same characters. And many of them are odd or "unique" interpretations that wouldn't be worthy of a long-running line, anyway. But here they're going with a more definitive, uniform look that's similar to the DCUC stuff.

With DCUC, every figure looks cool, even if it's a lame character, thanks to the Horsemen's sculpts. I think DC Direct is going for that here, too, while still keeping a little of their traditional "feel" with artistic interpretation (though if that Aquaman is any indication, they fall a little short of what the Horsemen pull off with DCUC because the Wave 2 Aquaman is outstanding).

Very much so. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is in complete denial. Problem is that they still wanna stick with a larger scale as to keep their line seperate from the Mattel DCUC line, which IMO, is a big mistake cuz if these were in the 6-6.25 scale, I'd snap up a few, but the almost 7 inch scale is a no sell for me.

I admit a few of these look like they'll make for great custom fodder!

#14 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:57 PM

I agree, thanos. If these were closer to the scale of DCUC and "blended in" with them on the shelf, I'd certainly look at picking up some of them. But they won't match alongside my DCUC figures, so it'd be like starting an entirely different line, and that's not something I'm interested in doing (although that Creeper looks pretty sweet).

I read on Poe Ghostal's POA that Mattel and DC Direct had some apparent plan for doing things so as not to compete with one another directly, and this seems to go against that. It also pointed out that Aquaman and Barry Allen Flash are two upcoming figures, and both are or will be in DCUC. So maybe DC Direct is saying screw it, we can cash in like Mattel if we do it right. They're close to the right track, but these pictures indicate they're not quite there.

#15 User is offline   CaptainTriumph 

• All-Star Member

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:14 AM

The manhunter is a definite for me!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us