TNI Forums: The Masterpiece Thread - TNI Forums

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Masterpiece Thread MP-12 Sideswipe

#901 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

I think the original release here was the battle damaged one which just made him look dirty in some spots. Then they re-released it as a clean version. May have had a 3rd release, but I can't recall.

#902 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

It's because MP-01 got so many releases including a few in the US, that makes me hopeful that MP-10 will come around again.
Oh sure, I know it just got a re-release by Takara in Japan, but $300??? Pass.

#903 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostBigBot84, on 07 October 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I think the original release here was the battle damaged one which just made him look dirty in some spots. Then they re-released it as a clean version. May have had a 3rd release, but I can't recall.

I remember that one what a joke ... "felt marker" battle damage... a 5 year old could do better with some paint & a brush :S

#904 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 07 October 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

View PostFUGAYZIE, on 07 October 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

great pics!!! man, i'm loving that prowl!!

anyone know or speculate if they will re-release MP10? i missed out on the first one and i really would like to get one :(

Takara might do a re-release but historically Hasbro has never done one...

i guess i'll just have to save/spend $300 to get one @grumpy@

#905 User is offline   DEFENSOR 

• Romulan

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

anyone know or speculate if they will re-release MP10? i missed out on the first one and i really would like to get one :(

http://tfsource.com/...-optimus-prime/ now with a figure stand.

#906 User is offline   redrum2581 

• Meister

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostDEFENSOR, on 08 October 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

http://tfsource.com/...-optimus-prime/ now with a figure stand.

I gave my mp10 the mp01 2nd release that came with the talking stand

#907 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Captain Cold

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Postburtm, on 05 October 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

https://scontent-b-o...863452247_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-o...103863182_n.jpg

Here's the Prowl that came recently with Sideswipe.Both look really cool, no major paint issues, scratches, nor joint problems. Both face sculpts were amazing with diecast body parts. Still good deals for forty bucks each. Im not promoting though, just wanna give a feedback on these items..

Prowl's helmet at the edges where his cheeks would be, have rough white painting on it though, especially the left, right's almost negligible. Overall, still ok. No major problems so far, perhaps I guess with some differences with the original, they say Lambor's eyes on the real one was squinted, compared to this one-which has more of the Sideswipe look based on the cartoons. But I guess that's it.

Thanks for the pics and feedback. Do you think your Prowl is genuine? I'd be surprised if they managed to KO him so quickly, but it wouldn't be unheard of.

#908 User is offline   burtm 

• Andorian

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

thanks man. both the Prowl and Sideswipe are awesome, I have a pal who has an original Sideswipe, and I didnt see any much difference even the feel of the plastic between the two, theyre nearly identical, we could
have interchanged figures if not for differences of the Sideswipe eyes.

on car mode, they say, its where the KO loses its touch, but Im not much bothered with it, well youve seen the pic, it doesnt have the wide gaps between the attachment creases that most people talk about, and those are really tight to pull apart when I was transforming him.

View PostCrow T Decepticon, on 08 October 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

View Postburtm, on 05 October 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

https://scontent-b-o...863452247_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-o...103863182_n.jpg

Here's the Prowl that came recently with Sideswipe.Both look really cool, no major paint issues, scratches, nor joint problems. Both face sculpts were amazing with diecast body parts. Still good deals for forty bucks each. Im not promoting though, just wanna give a feedback on these items..

Prowl's helmet at the edges where his cheeks would be, have rough white painting on it though, especially the left, right's almost negligible. Overall, still ok. No major problems so far, perhaps I guess with some differences with the original, they say Lambor's eyes on the real one was squinted, compared to this one-which has more of the Sideswipe look based on the cartoons. But I guess that's it.

Thanks for the pics and feedback. Do you think your Prowl is genuine? I'd be surprised if they managed to KO him so quickly, but it wouldn't be unheard of.

Im not really sure man, and not that I dont care, but Im not really bothered with it being KO or original. I mean I have the Original Soundwave, Thunder Cracker and SkyWarp Masterpiece, they dont present any different feel compared to my Prowl and Sideswipe. Im guessing it is KO, considering the price. Both are awesome though.

They say the Tigertrack presents the worst faulty details, I'll post him in car and robot mode when he arrives, I guess he's still crossing the Pacific. lol.

I would still advise anyone to get the Original Prowl from our local traders since he's a new release, it just so happened when I was purchasing Sideswipe online, I stumbled on the Prowl offer, so I grabbed both.

#909 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Invisible Woman

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://www.bigbadtoy...775&mode=retail

MP Grimlock reissue with new accessories...

#910 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Alright!
Takara must be really paying attention to how much this line is taking off.
Seems almost everybody is getting a re-release.
I won't spend $300 on Optimus but $200 for Grimlock??
Maybe. People speak very highly of it.

#911 User is offline   BigBot84 

• I will be the world's greatest swordsman!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Grimlock is pretty awesome. I don't know about $200 awesome, but once you buy him you won't need any other.

#912 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Invisible Woman

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think its a decent price if Hasbro never re-release him again...

#913 User is offline   burtm 

• Andorian

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

What are the chances the rest of the Dinobots get released as Masterpiece? Its frustrating that on some Transformers line, only a Grimlock is issued. I still have my Dinobots from the 80s, but he just doesn't fit in.. Hope they'd have a release as masterpiece.

#914 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Captain Cold

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

Good question. Where do you think the Dinobots fit in? The bigger MP line is the only place they could really be in scale with Grimlock, but TakaraTomy only releases one new MP about every 2 years (not counting repaints/re-releases). The Dinobots would tie up development for quite some time if they decided to complete the team. Plus, up until this point, the main MP line has been reserved for high ranking characters such as Convoy and Ultra Magnus. Grimlock being the Dinobot commander fits in here as well.

On the other hand, the smaller MP line has proven itself successful releasing 2nd tier type characters at a fairly rapid rate, but released here, the Dinobots definitely wouldn't be in scale with Grimlock (except maybe Swoop), and this would pretty much defeat the purpose of releasing them for many people.

Never say never, but I have a feeling 3rd party might get around to completing the team in MP-style before Masterpiece does.

#915 User is offline   khamla 

• Driller

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I think Grimlock would be perfect if they got his scale correct, he's the only one not perfectly inscale, he should be a lot bigger. His dinosaur mode looks weird standing next to everyone else.

#916 User is offline   JeffreyA 

• Queen Elsa & Anna

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

I know MP Bluestreak is coming out this month but does anyone know what day. Like with Prowl they said he was out on Sept. 28th I believe so was there a day that Bluestreak was said to be out.

#917 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Captain Cold

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Amazon Japan says 10/26 for Bluestreak and 12/14 for Smokescreen.

#918 User is offline   JeffreyA 

• Queen Elsa & Anna

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Thanks

#919 User is offline   Reminator 

• Enterprise Crewman

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

Got Prowl since Sept 30, haven't got a chance to transform him yet, LOL. I'm looking forward to the gambler bot!

#920 User is offline   burtm 

• Andorian

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

got my Tigertrack, its an unopened knockoff, still ok, joints are more loose compared to Sideswipe, but not that bad.

#921 User is offline   JeffreyA 

• Queen Elsa & Anna

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Just got my MP Bluestreak today from BBTS. I didn't really had any trouble transforming him from car to robot but I did a little bit back into car with his legs. They wouldn't go in all the way. Anyways here are some photos of MP Bluestreak along with my G1 Bluestreak.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#922 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

Very nice.

Y'know, I don't do repaints or re-decos, in TF or any line. Just one of any sculpt, thanks.
I've made my choice with Prowl, he is awesome, but all the pics of the Streak here really are tempting.

I'm sure it'll just get worse once Smokescreen comes along.

#923 User is offline   JeffreyA 

• Queen Elsa & Anna

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

The reason I got Bluestreak is because he was my very first Transformer that I ever got when he came out in 84 so I had to get this MP Bluestreak. I didn't own Prowl so that is another reason why I didn't get him also that they kill him off in the 86 movie and I go by the cartoon/movie ways of my Transformers that I get. If they've been kill off I will not get anything from that character or if they where reform-mated then I will not get there old form but go with there new looks. This only goes for the G1 Transformers.

#924 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "What are you prepared to do?"

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 06 November 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Y'know, I don't do repaints or re-decos, in TF or any line. Just one of any sculpt, thanks.
I've made my choice with Prowl, he is awesome, but all the pics of the Streak here really are tempting.

Hey Strange, I don't know if it would make any difference to you, but the Masterpiece Prowl, Smokescreen, and Bluestreak all have different head molds. I love all three of them, I just can't afford Masterpiece figures right now.

#925 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

• The Gray Ghost

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

wow man, the Bluesteak looks GREAT!!! like he's straight from the cartoon great :D

Share this topic:

• 47 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us