Where is the Ultimates wave?

The Great Bandito

Not sure if this has been mentioned lately, but is there any hope of the Ultimate wave ever making it retail? I know it's on-line but I like being able to see the figures and check the quality. I know Target and Wal-Mart dropped the line, and TRU is the only place that I still see Joes. Is there any hope at all or should I just break down and go on-line?

Not all WMs have dropped the line, the local one still has them after the reset. And I've seen about half of the new wave at 1 of the TRUs I hit regularly. Got a second Data-Viper & Combat Ninja for myself.

I like being able to see the figures and check the quality.

That's nice to have that option in a perfect world. Truth is, I just don't think we're gonna see them. MAYBE at TRU.....

You just gotta break down with this one and go online. This wave is not to be missed. Next time, when GI Joe rolls around again, with no movie delay messing everything up, maybe it will be better...

gotta agree on the this wave is not to be missed thing.....this is the wave they shoulda just released & saved the wave 1 plastic for beyblades.....I'm impressed w/the sculps & the work put into this Ultimate Wave its refreshing...not that the whole wave 1 is a wash but I only purchased the Halo Troopers & Red Ninjas...that was it...I forgot there is one Walmart here that still carries Joes & they had a Wave 1 Restock.....that whole line sans/RN's & HTroopers......but plenty of those horrible Rockblocks to go around.....I love the thrill of then hunt but I'm so glad I saved the aggravation & ordered online.....

I know my closest TRU has got them in at least 3 times... but it seems that someone that works there keeps on getting most of them. I have only been able to get their leftovers, even though I went at opening and was the first one to get to the pegs. So I only have 5 of them, still needing Stormy and CC the most.

I'll probably just have to order them online.. Target isn't selling Joes anymore, and I don't think any of my Walmarts are either.

Yep, some WM's the bigger toy sets still have them on the reset. The other stores have them in the clearance isle for fulll price still @loll@ I know someone that found them at WM too. So a slight chance there folks. TRU is the only real hope for finding them in the wild at the moment. Know they have hit one near me a few times.

Draven

I heard that Hasbro really wanted to make us truly experience the thrill of the hunt, by only packing 1 "Ultimate Wave figure" per every case of Restocked Wave 1's....good hunting guys.....

The only one I'm looking for is Storm Shadow, and I don't think it's gonna happen. I'll just resort to Ebay, he's pretty much going for retail pricing, so it's worth not having to drive to my local TRU three times a week, and being constantly disappointed lol.

Not sure why you guys keep stressing over trying to find these things at retail. I would just buy them online and have them delivered to you. By the time you waste the time, energy and gas money driving around town looking for them and getting stressed about not finding them you would have had them in your hands already if you just ordered online, just say'n.

Not sure why you guys keep stressing over trying to find these things at retail. I would just buy them online and have them delivered to you. By the time you waste the time, energy and gas money driving around town looking for them and getting stressed about not finding them you would have had them in your hands already if you just ordered online, just say'n.

I think most people still like the option to pick their figures... Personally I don't have much time to hunt these days so I go the online route...

Not only the option to pick their figures, but troop building as well. I ordered the entire case+ an extra Storm Shadow from BBTS months ago. But it would be nice to find an ultimate CC or a few Data Vipers in the wild for 9.99 no shipping. I'm thankful for the internet being an option, but seriously wave 2 should have been wave 1 and this should have been wave 2. Kids would have gone nuts for these figures, not only collectors. Almost seems like Hasbro set the movie line up for failure with wave 1, regardless of the movie's postponement. Why don't companies such as Playmates or NECA have the constant issues Hasbro and Mattel have with their bread and butter toy lines? It's almost like they're tired of their own toylines and want them to see them off on a fast track to Marshall's.

broken record blues for me.....Wave 1 was so lackluster.......currently I have yet to take any of my Ultimate's out of the box yet, but they are just all that & a giant bag of Sams club potato chips....I really hated the Green Pantsuit Duke.....wasn't he one of the neighbor ladies in Edward Scissorhands???....I coulda swore I saw him in the background throughout that movie....even Renegades Zartan didn't do me any favors.....I wanted to like that fig but there just wasn't enough medication to turn my frown upside down for him....I'm w/you Ren I even stopped by a few Walgreen's today just to see if by chance any of the newer waves got lost there....I would like to snag up at least 2 more Combat Ninja Soldier (surely we can add one more MOS to their dd214's) I kinda think their cheezy but in that good killer Nachos kinda cheezy....I tried to order more of them online but they sold out fast.....even the Night Vipers which I hope to snag a few of, were gone before the pre-order went up.....but they'res plenty of CNS's & NV's online for 20 or more apiece....I cringe when I see the Rockblock w/the baton.....I hope we see more the later waves by Xmas at least....

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little heads up, this past saturday the 14th, I stumbled across the entire ultimate wave at walmart down here in Bradenton FL. It was just dumb luck that I even stopped in the walmart I did while on my way to work. They must have just put the figures out because there was one of each of the 12 figure case. But when I got to the register with them, they did not come up in their system. But they finally got that fixed and the grand total was like around $126.00. So it ends up being about the same price as BBTS with shipping. Happy hunting!

Just a little heads up, this past saturday the 14th, I stumbled across the entire ultimate wave at walmart down here in Bradenton FL. It was just dumb luck that I even stopped in the walmart I did while on my way to work. They must have just put the figures out because there was one of each of the 12 figure case. But when I got to the register with them, they did not come up in their system. But they finally got that fixed and the grand total was like around $126.00. So it ends up being about the same price as BBTS with shipping. Happy hunting!

I am guess all the wave 1 figures have sold in your area. The Walmarts in north Alabama have either dropped the joes or have a crap load of wave 1 clogging the pegs. Could someone hook me up with the Ulimate Stormshadow. I know that's asking a lot.

I am guess all the wave 1 figures have sold in your area. The Walmarts in north Alabama have either dropped the joes or have a crap load of wave 1 clogging the pegs. Could someone hook me up with the Ulimate Stormshadow. I know that's asking a lot.

Actually no they havent sold. I have 5 WM's in my area, and all of them except one have put them on clearance. That one that didnt was the one that had the new wave. I guess that pure odds are that 1 out of 5 WM's would get the wave instock.

Reading about people still fretting over not finding this wave, I have to go ahead and second what is said here. This coming from someone who would MUCH rather just go to a brick n' mortar store and buy his toys. Even if you just want one or two guys from the wave, it would almost be worth it to get the whole case online. There's a strong chance you could sell whatever you don't want off for at least at-cost.

Very miss & no hits here just yet...I'll check more this weekend....but time is on our side I feel....Xmas is a few months away I'm sure we'll be swimming in them by then & hopefully not drowning in Wave 1 still