Indiana Jones and the Forgotten Temple 3-3/4"

hemblecreations

Hi All,

I wanted to make a small Indy dio with Indy coming down a rope getting ready to explore an old forgotten temple hidden away for centuries. Once the dio was set up to the desired look it was painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and chalk pastels.

RECIPE

1: Figure - The legs are from the Indy and Horse deluxe set, the torso is from KOTCS Indy the jacket and arms are from the Pitfall Indy and the head is from the TOD Indy.

2: Base - The base I picked up from local hardware store in the craft section, the column is from the 7" Disney Indy figure. The back wall and floor are pieces of foamcore cut to size and then very carefully peeling off one side to reveal the foam underneath.

Once the foam was revealed I started drawing the stones into the foam using a STABILO felt 0.4 pen and then once happy with the look I used a ballpoint pen and started going over the felt pen lines and pushing the ballpoint pen into the foam. The stone effect was done by pressing a sandstone rock into the foam and the rope is some left over string I had in the parts box.

The snakes and skulls are from The Indy Pitfall deluxe set and the torch is from Sallah. The ground work was bult up using modelling clay, the dirt is a mixture of potty mix and model railway tree bushes which were broken down and added to the dirt.

The smaller pieces of grass stubble are from The Army Painter, the vines are also from The Army Painter. The larger plants are plastic fishtank plants and were given a wash to tone down the plastic look.

Ron

post-17049-0-11891200-1369396388_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-48097300-1369396405_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-76948700-1369396418_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-54174700-1369396433_thumb.jpg

post-17049-0-05479100-1369396464_thumb.jpg