• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Movie Masters line-Dark Knight Batman figure

#1 User is offline   Doomsday 

• Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Banned

Posted 07 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/b...go27/batman.jpg
This line will featurecharacters from different DC movies including the new JLmovies ,Superman Returns, BB, Dark Knight,etc,etc.

#2 User is offline   Lemonhead 

• Mouser

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

"BATMAN BEGINS" was, in my opinion, the best of all of the super-hero movies of the last 7 years or so.

Having said that, I wasn't too fond of the costume...it had too much of a "Tech"-look to it...and it looks like they're going even farther in that direction for "DARK KNIGHT".

Oh well...not a deal-breaker...I'm still looking forward to the upcoming flick...but I wish the costume was a tad more classic and streamlined.

#US1#

#3 User is offline   ImmaculateWang 

• Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

I dunno, I really enjoyed that they showed him homebrewing his bat-suit. It shows attention to detail, and it shows that he's smart enough to know a spandex jumpsuit isn't going to be enough to protect him.

I'm stoked for these figs. Now if only we could get a 6-inch, *well-sculpted* Brandon Routh Superman figure...

Ah, dreams.

#4 User is offline   boff123 

• cobra lackey

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

that looks kinda cool, hope the articulation is there. i will buy one.

#5 User is offline   Doomsday 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

If someone were to be Batman in real life, spandex wouldn't even be on thier mind. Not with things like knives, guns, and hell even rocks would hurt if your wearing spandex.

#6 User is offline   Jase 

• Skeletor

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=12286

#7 User is offline   shadowboy_2099 

• Jabba the Hutt

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:53 PM

View PostImmaculateWang, on Jan 7 2008, 06:55 PM, said:

I'm stoked for these figs. Now if only we could get a 6-inch, *well-sculpted* Brandon Routh Superman figure...

Ah, dreams.

The line will be sculpted by the four horsemen, wo, chances to get a GOOD brandon routh fig are high.

Doomsday, where did u get the info of this line being just movie figs?? :) I always wanted a "DC Studios" 6 inch line.

#8 User is offline   TheDarkKnight 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:31 AM

Man, that is so freaking awesome, I must have it...now.

#9 User is offline   zoomfactor32 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

Wow, that looks great! I can't wait to see the rest of the line! Hopefully the Joker will look awesome!!

#10 User is offline   Doomsday 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

View Postshadowboy_2099, on Jan 8 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

Ah, dreams.

The line will be sculpted by the four horsemen, wo, chances to get a GOOD brandon routh fig are high.

Doomsday, where did u get the info of this line being just movie figs?? :) I always wanted a "DC Studios" 6 inch line.

Interviews with mattel, this line will be more than the Dark Knight.

#11 User is offline   mako 

• Driller

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

View PostDoomsday, on Jan 7 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

If someone were to be Batman in real life, spandex wouldn't even be on thier mind. Not with things like knives, guns, and hell even rocks would hurt if your wearing spandex.

Yeah, a hundred pounds of layered foam rubber would be soooo much more practical. @smilepunch@

#12 User is offline   acethebathound 

• Quintesson

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:51 PM

So could Michael Keaton and Christopher Reeve be on the horizon?

How about a George Reeves in grey tones. And finally - Adam West and Burt Ward. COME ON MATTEL! DO IT!!!!!!!

#13 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

View Postacethebathound, on Jan 8 2008, 02:51 PM, said:

So could Michael Keaton and Christopher Reeve be on the horizon?

How about a George Reeves in grey tones. And finally - Adam West and Burt Ward. COME ON MATTEL! DO IT!!!!!!!

If this line can give me an awesome Michael Keaton Batman, Christopher Reeve Superman and Michael Gough Alfred Pennyworth figure then this line will have my full support no matter what.

#14 User is offline   Doomsday 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:48 PM

View Postmako, on Jan 8 2008, 01:33 PM, said:

View PostDoomsday, on Jan 7 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

Yeah, a hundred pounds of layered foam rubber would be soooo much more practical. @smilepunch@

Actually it's a lightweight military suit reinforced with kevlar in the movie. Which is much more practical. @smilepunch@

#15 User is offline   Cloud 

• Jango Fett

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

Well, since it's just a movie. They could call it whatever they want. It's just like you can call Alien in Aliens an Alien or a guy in a suit @smilepunch@

#16 User is offline   Broly5 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

View PostDoomsday, on Jan 8 2008, 09:43 AM, said:

View Postshadowboy_2099, on Jan 8 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

Ah, dreams.

Interviews with mattel, this line will be more than the Dark Knight.

So, a Superman Returns figure is possible? @firedevil@ In that case, Mattel, it better come out later this year. Cause a decent super articulated SR figure is LOOOONG over due.

#17 User is offline   CapnJeffro 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:49 PM

This just occurred to me, but.. DC Comics published the Watchmen. And there is going to be a Watchmen movie. Movie Masters Watchmen figures? How sweet would that be. :o

#18 User is offline   GoldBlade6 

• Andorian

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

I thought DCD made some Watchmen prototypes but Alan Moore wouldn't approve them. Bummer. I don't expect Mattel would have much better luck. We can dream, though...

#19 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:26 AM

View PostLemonhead, on Jan 7 2008, 03:33 PM, said:

"BATMAN BEGINS" was, in my opinion, the best of all of the super-hero movies of the last 7 years or so.

I agree, but unfortunately the toy line was just about as bad as you can get outside of the X-men and X2 figures, which were atrocious and in a league of their own.

#20 User is offline   MysterioMenace 

• Snakeman

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:20 AM

The question is...who are the six figures? Batman, Joker is a safe assumption, Joker goon....who else? Scarecrow? Could we get a Ra's from Begins?

#21 User is offline   CapnJeffro 

• Horde Trooper

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

View PostMysterioMenace, on Jan 17 2008, 06:20 AM, said:

The question is...who are the six figures? Batman, Joker is a safe assumption, Joker goon....who else? Scarecrow? Could we get a Ra's from Begins?

Just to hold up spoiler control (and mostly rumored spoilers at that) I'm going to reveal certain characters possibly in the movie.

Aside from Batman, Joker, and the Goon there are also rumors that we will see Two-Face by the end of the movie as well as Scarecrow returning and Anthony Michael Hall as The Riddler (or at least as Edward Nigma). So thats 5. You could also throw in Ra's from the first. Or you could do Lt. Gordon, Lucius Fox, Alfred or who knows?

#22 User is offline   evenflow 

• Faker

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

If those spoilers turn out to be true, i think this movie will be more exciting than i expect it to be.

#23 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 18 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

View Postevenflow, on Jan 17 2008, 09:33 PM, said:

If those spoilers turn out to be true, i think this movie will be more exciting than i expect it to be.

You weren't already expecting it to be exciting?

From what I've seen/read/heard, this could potentially be one of the best movies I've ever seen. I expect excitement and a whole lot of other stuff to go with it.

#24 User is offline   Spidey2007 

• Stormtrooper

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

well addressing the spoilers...
anthony michael hall wont be the riddler. Scarecrow will return, hes in the beggining of the movie and two face will be at the end of the movie, it is confirmed.

*end spoilers*

well the figure lineup im guessing will be Batman, Joker, joker goon, batman begins suit batman(does appear in TDK) scarecrow, and possibly someone like gordon, dawes or dent for the important civillian character. but what im betting on is just basicall batmen and jokers and variants related to them, like a final battle joker or a jail cell joker, even a bank robbery joker. ssorta like the new Ironman movie figures, the majority of them being ironman, with no jim rhodes or pepper pots just yet. maybe series two.

#25 User is offline   SlushyFrog 

• Cobra Viper

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

View PostJase, on Jan 8 2008, 12:28 AM, said:

Can someone explain to me the logic of having a 5.5" basic line of figures? Is that what the Batman Begins line was?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us