TNI Forums: Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line New 6" Marvel Legends Style Figures

#301 User is offline   jahue 

  • Snakeman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 934
  • Joined: 05-June 07

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:46 PM

yojoebro82 said:

1376620070[/url]' post='16798978']

jahue said:

1376616740[/url]' post='16798967']
Do we have an idea of when wave 2 will hit? I am really only wanting Han and Boba from series 2 and I mean it this time.



How do you pass up that Greedo? I've said I'll be passing on the marginal characters but to me, Greedo is iconic. You can agree with me on that or not. But this guy definitely makes the cut for me!


Just not a Greedo fan. Not enough to drop $20 bucks on him at least. It would be like dropping 1 dollar for every second of screen time.

#302 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,286
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postjahue, on 15 August 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

yojoebro82 said:

1376620070[/url]' post='16798978']

jahue said:

1376616740[/url]' post='16798967']
Do we have an idea of when wave 2 will hit? I am really only wanting Han and Boba from series 2 and I mean it this time.



How do you pass up that Greedo? I've said I'll be passing on the marginal characters but to me, Greedo is iconic. You can agree with me on that or not. But this guy definitely makes the cut for me!


Just not a Greedo fan. Not enough to drop $20 bucks on him at least. It would be like dropping 1 dollar for every second of screen time.


Ha ha. Yeah, I'll give you that.....

#303 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

so is the wave 2 Boba Fett the exact same paint scheme as the SDCC version?

#304 User is offline   DarthJoe 

  • ADC Outcast
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 04-April 03

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostCLAM, on 16 August 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

so is the wave 2 Boba Fett the exact same paint scheme as the SDCC version?


I believe he is. The only different between the SDCC and the regular release was the carbonite Han.

#305 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

Those are nice carded images, and for a guy like me who always throws out his packaging, even I am sorely temped to keep these boxes around. That's just some sharp looking packaging right there.

I just got hold of my first, the Sandtrooper, and it's a hell of a figure. I hope this series lasts a long, long time.

#306 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,286
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 16 August 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Those are nice carded images, and for a guy like me who always throws out his packaging, even I am sorely temped to keep these boxes around. That's just some sharp looking packaging right there.


I always open my figures as well. But this line is making me want to keep them packaged up. Which, of course, tempts me to buy one extra to open. I haven't gone that crazy yet.

#307 User is offline   kerowack 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 61
  • Joined: 23-July 08

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 16 August 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostStrangePlanet, on 16 August 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Those are nice carded images, and for a guy like me who always throws out his packaging, even I am sorely temped to keep these boxes around. That's just some sharp looking packaging right there.


I always open my figures as well. But this line is making me want to keep them packaged up. Which, of course, tempts me to buy one extra to open. I haven't gone that crazy yet.


I've opened and revealed two of them and it's easy to put them ba k as if they never escaped. I'm like you though, always opening and this line is gonna be displayed in the box in my home.

#308 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 30,967
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

Well with the 6 inch line I intend to open them and I do leave some of the 3 3/4 inch ones on their cards

#309 User is offline   Belmont13 

  • Quintesson
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,291
  • Joined: 07-February 08

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

View Postkerowack, on 17 August 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 16 August 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostStrangePlanet, on 16 August 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Those are nice carded images, and for a guy like me who always throws out his packaging, even I am sorely temped to keep these boxes around. That's just some sharp looking packaging right there.


I always open my figures as well. But this line is making me want to keep them packaged up. Which, of course, tempts me to buy one extra to open. I haven't gone that crazy yet.


I've opened and revealed two of them and it's easy to put them ba k as if they never escaped. I'm like you though, always opening and this line is gonna be displayed in the box in my home.


So we should expect some figure swapping in the near future.

#310 User is offline   Johnnyluh 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 21-August 13

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well, just gonna stop in and say Hey since I'm new here on this site and recently new to collecting comics and figures over the course of the last half a year. Today I went to my local Wal-Mart and scooped up the entire first series of the 6" Black Figures! I'm leaving them in the boxes for now since I have limited space in my room and I'm moving away to college in a couple weeks so I'm probably gonna get them all put into tote boxes and put away in storage until next May. Would have picked up another 2 Sand Troopers if they had anymore but I'll have to wait until I can get into a different Wal-Mart or something.

They are sooo detailed it's unreal. I haven't collected any Star Wars figures in almost 13 years and I must say that the 6" line is going to bring me back into the fold and start to bring back my appreciation for all things Star Wars.

I'm also a big TMNT and DC fan. So I've been collecting the New 52 DC Collectibles 6" lineup as well which I have all of so far, and the new Playmates TMNT figures which I'm missing a couple of. But yeah, I can see this sort of hobby eating away at my wallet for a good while now. Anyways guys, I'll throw up some pictures sometime of my collection in here and in a few of the other boards once I get everything nicely displayed. Happy collecting everyone!

#311 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 30,967
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

This reminds me of when the DCUC figures started .It was hard to find these figures anywhers

#312 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

  • King Chochacho
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,195
  • Joined: 12-July 09

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Welcome Johnny to the madness all it takes is that one line to pull you back in....it was Marvel Legends for me that reignited the collecting bug....Last weekend I went out just to see if they had any more figs out. I didn't see anything at all soo I'm glad I already found what I wanted, maybe I beat the rush??.....I still haven't taken any figs out but the Sandtrooper & it is an awesome fig, & I was thinking the same thing about the repacking but all it takes is some uncommon sense to catch repackers so I hope I wont see that. Target has a stringent policy of returns at least when I returned some stuff they went over it pretty good to make sure I wasn't cheating.....Walmart I dunno I've seen some pretty horrible Repacks there....I'm just saving up the for next wave....can't wait for Bobba that has more than the usual basic points of Articulation....Posted Image

#313 User is offline   Johnnyluh 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 21-August 13

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 21 August 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Welcome Johnny to the madness all it takes is that one line to pull you back in....it was Marvel Legends for me that reignited the collecting bug....Last weekend I went out just to see if they had any more figs out. I didn't see anything at all soo I'm glad I already found what I wanted, maybe I beat the rush??.....I still haven't taken any figs out but the Sandtrooper & it is an awesome fig, & I was thinking the same thing about the repacking but all it takes is some uncommon sense to catch repackers so I hope I wont see that. Target has a stringent policy of returns at least when I returned some stuff they went over it pretty good to make sure I wasn't cheating.....Walmart I dunno I've seen some pretty horrible Repacks there....I'm just saving up the for next wave....can't wait for Bobba that has more than the usual basic points of Articulation....Posted Image



Thanks man! And yeah I hear ya. I mean, I've always loved the Star Wars and DC lore but never got into comics until I guess back in November, I picked up the whole GL series by Geoff Johns off of Amazon and got sucked into it.

But hell yeah man, that Bobba Fett figure for series 2 looks dope! I can't wait to blow some more cash on that series, thankfully there's no need for duplicates in that wave...Well, maybe Han since it'd be nice to have one where he's still in package. I got a feeling some of these will become really rare at some point. I mean, Rick Grimes from Walking Dead series 1 figures can go for up to 300 on Ebay for crying out loud.

I also can't wait to get into the city where I'm moving to for school since there's a bunch of places like Target, ToysRus, a few Wal-Marts, and a kick ass comic shop! So, in the coming months I'll be posting some pics!

Wonder if they'll do any vehicles for the 6'' line?

#314 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

  • King Chochacho
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,195
  • Joined: 12-July 09

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

As much as I would like to see at least 1 vehicle I hope they don't.....I would like them to treat this line w/TLC....give us the all natural quality figs we deserve & not the watered down toys chock full of additives & preservatives...in other words Hasblow please don't water down this line....keep it simple just like your playing it now & at $20 a pop, I can only afford so much "galaxy far far away" fun......yeah last summer I found some clearanced Walmart Walking Dead figs, yellowish boxes........man they were $12 & I'm not really into the show or comix but they were cool butttt I passed on them....much to my dismay I've seen what they go for online now.....I try not to think about it....Posted Image

#315 User is offline   Johnnyluh 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 8
  • Joined: 21-August 13

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 21 August 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

As much as I would like to see at least 1 vehicle I hope they don't.....I would like them to treat this line w/TLC....give us the all natural quality figs we deserve & not the watered down toys chock full of additives & preservatives...in other words Hasblow please don't water down this line....keep it simple just like your playing it now & at $20 a pop, I can only afford so much "galaxy far far away" fun......yeah last summer I found some clearanced Walmart Walking Dead figs, yellowish boxes........man they were $12 & I'm not really into the show or comix but they were cool butttt I passed on them....much to my dismay I've seen what they go for online now.....I try not to think about it....Posted Image


I'd love to see Luke's Speeder and an X-Wing, but that's it. Any more than that and it would be overkill like you basically said. Who are you looking forward to in this line though?
I'm really looking forward to Qui-Gon, R2-D1, Hopefully a duo pack of Jawas, Kit Fisto, Yoda, Mace, Jango, maybe a large creature like Reek from Episode 3 I think? I basically love all the enemies like Destroyers, Troopers, Droids, Super Battle Droids. I like to build my main team small and have them hopelessly outnumbered by more enemies. I love the idea of one side being the underdog haha.

#316 User is offline   Draven79 

  • Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 26,102
  • Joined: 21-March 02

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Gosh I want wave 2 now... like yesterday... @loll@
Draven

#317 User is offline   lazrod 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: 13-August 07

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

I just got mine from Amazon this week, $19.99 a piece and free shipping! It beats driving all over town, especially since I've only seen one R2-D2 at retail.
I haven't taken any of them out of their boxes permanently, but I did take the Sandtrooper out to look at it. They look so good in their packaging that they can easily be displayed that way.

These figures are amazing! The quality is great across the board. Articulation, attention to detail, paint job and sculpting are all top notch. The detail on the Sandtrooper is incredible. Luke and R2 are also beautifully datailed.
These figures come with a good number of accessories each, unlike most 6' figures these days that bring few if any accessories.The accessories themselves are also very good, very detailed and accurate to the source.

IMO the star of Wave 1 is the Sandtrooper. It is top-notch in virtually every category. Even the accessories are great. Luke is also an excellent figure, but his accessories aren't as impressive as the trooper's IMO.

It seems that Hasbro has become the "king" of the action figure industry. They certainly are the best at the 3.75 scale. With their Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Marvel Universe lines they are light years ahead of anything that Mattel has produced. Now with the introduction of this 6' Star Wars Black line they have gone right past Mattel in this scale as well.

I can't wait for some of the upcoming figures, such as Boba Fett, Slave Leia and Bespin Luke. Hopefully the quality will remain the same.

#318 User is offline   barbecue17 

  • www.thepicreview.com
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 297
  • Joined: 10-September 07

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

Just finished a review of Darth Maul with plenty of pictures here: Star Wars Black Darth Maul

If you're on the fence about these guys, take a chance on one. My gosh, first seeing these figures in person is unreal. Even seeing pictures of them online doesn't do them justice. It's just mind boggling to see a Star Wars figure in this scale!

#319 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 30,967
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

I seen the 3 3/4 inch figures at Kmart..What makes these so special?

#320 User is offline   jedicrippler 

  • We've got movie sign!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 2,015
  • Joined: 22-October 01

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

I seen the 3 3/4 inch figures at Kmart..What makes these so special?


Because they're 6" not 3 3/4"?

#321 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 30,967
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Postjedicrippler, on 22 August 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

I seen the 3 3/4 inch figures at Kmart..What makes these so special?


Because they're 6" not 3 3/4"?


I was refering to the 3 3/4 inch figures.I know about the 6 inch version I have Luke...Why are the smaller ones considered part of the Black series?

#322 User is offline   Draven79 

  • Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 26,102
  • Joined: 21-March 02

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

black is the new label for the vintage line
Draven

#323 User is offline   redrum2581 

  • Meister
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,154
  • Joined: 16-March 04

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

i hope to see a samuel l jackson, i'm tired of these m'fing siths in this m'fing senate, i know bad joke but i want mace windu, vader and some of the other cooler looking sith's

#324 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

View Postredrum2581, on 22 August 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

i hope to see a samuel l jackson, i'm tired of these m'fing siths in this m'fing senate, i know bad joke but i want mace windu, vader and some of the other cooler looking sith's


@grumpy@

Im really happy that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with these figures. Im glad its probably going to further delay or kill alltogether hopes for a large scale Jawa Sandcrawler and Tantive IV(nobody every really wanted that one to see the light of day anyway, right?)

That's right, folks...gimme a Tantive IV and I'll be outta your hair. No more criticisms of this line or your undying fandom. Ive got a Starspeeder 1000 loaded with a ton of rebel troops eternally stuck on the runway...destination unknown...

#325 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

  • King Chochacho
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,195
  • Joined: 12-July 09

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 22 August 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

View Postjedicrippler, on 22 August 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostWheeljack35, on 22 August 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

I seen the 3 3/4 inch figures at Kmart..What makes these so special?


Because they're 6" not 3 3/4"?


I was refering to the 3 3/4 inch figures.I know about the 6 inch version I have Luke...Why are the smaller ones considered part of the Black series?



my understanding it the smaller figs will have better articulation as well?? right?? rather than the "normal" articulation SW lines usually have.....


Share this topic:


  • 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us