• Group: Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

G.I.Joe Target Exclusive Ultimate Battle Pack

View the full article

#2 User is offline   joenubb 

• Cardassian

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:54 AM

Even though this battle pack is mostly repaints I don't want/need, it's a great deal. The cost of the figures alone are worth it now that Target has raised their prices. I think Short Fuze looks pretty sweet, glad to NOT see Dukes arms used. Hopefully Hasbro will fix Steeler's visor too.

Plus you get three vehicles, I'm sold!

#3 User is offline   darthhenning 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

Its a good deal, but I'm not sure what to do. I don't want even more repaints hanging around, and while another MOBAT, HISS and Trouble Bubble would be alright, they aren't needed either. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the inclusion of Short Fuze. I want one of each of the O13, and so far this appears to be the only way to get SF.

If anyone intends on army building the vehicles though, I'd be happy to take an extra Short Fuze off their hands. :)

@can@

#4 User is offline   hoganvibe 

• Snakeman

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:17 AM

View Postdarthhenning, on Jul 11 2008, 10:11 AM, said:

Its a good deal, but I'm not sure what to do. I don't want even more repaints hanging around, and while another MOBAT, HISS and Trouble Bubble would be alright, they aren't needed either. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the inclusion of Short Fuze. I want one of each of the O13, and so far this appears to be the only way to get SF.

If anyone intends on army building the vehicles though, I'd be happy to take an extra Short Fuze off their hands. :)

If no one wants to give up their Short Fuze, you could pick up the battle pack and I'll buy the other stuff off you. I can't guarantee I'll be able to grab 2 since they will probably come out on Black Friday. If I can, I'll sell or trade you for a SF.

I like the set. The only one that I'm not wild about is Destro. I'll stick Stalker's jet pack on Grand Slam, paint a red "Z" on his chest and BAM! Instant Jammer. I like the MOBAT. All I have is the camo Toys R Us version.

#5 User is offline   darthhenning 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:22 AM

View Posthoganvibe, on Jul 11 2008, 11:17 AM, said:

View Postdarthhenning, on Jul 11 2008, 10:11 AM, said:

If no one wants to give up their Short Fuze, you could pick up the battle pack and I'll buy the other stuff off you. I can't guarantee I'll be able to grab 2 since they will probably come out on Black Friday. If I can, I'll sell or trade you for a SF.

I like the set. The only one that I'm not wild about is Destro. I'll stick Stalker's jet pack on Grand Slam, paint a red "Z" on his chest and BAM! Instant Jammer. I like the MOBAT. All I have is the camo Toys R Us version.

Thanks Hoganvibe, I'll definately keep that in mind.

BTW the pack is set for release on December 1.

@can@

#6 User is offline   Cyber Bishop 

• Floating in space staring at the sun...

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

I will get this set..

#7 User is offline   freakx2001 

• Collector of Many

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hope these are not as hard to get as the Star Wars Ultimate Battle Packs.. I'm still on the hunt for a Endor pack. Never even seen them at retail, and then the clearanced them off super quick... it was insane.

#8 User is offline   Blackmada 

• Bumblebee

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:29 PM

It sucks that it looks like this is the only way to get Short Fuze. It's not a bad deal but I don't want to spend that much to get one figure that I actually want and just get the others for the heck of it when I don't need the other stuff.

I hope sometime Hasbro just does Short-Fuze again with better webbing.

#9 User is offline   CLAM 

• ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:51 PM

they canceled the desert Flint???/ WTF??? He was the best figure in that set! And the most original (we already have plenty green 13, CCs, Destros, cobra troopers, and what not... but he would be the only desert Joe to accompany Dusty.

I don't get that statement by Hasbro "we will pursue more Flint figures in the future, as he is a fan favorite"... uh.. EXACTLY!

They should have canned that Stalker for sure. We already have a green one, and we already will have one with a jet pack from the DVD set. What is the point of this one?

I know people will say we needed a proper Steeler and Shortfuze here.. but they are nothing to me.. I'd rather have that Flint.

and I guess we needed 3 Cobras to fight the 3 Joes, even though we have already been given like 10 CCs and Destros so far in the 25th line.

The ONLY thing I am interested in is the blue trouble bubble... and I aint spending 50 bucks to get one

#10 User is offline   Magic 8 Ball 

• This eco-friendly armor is powered by scotch.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

That Destro looks interesting. The IG body, but with silver mask/highlights and no cape... reminds me of the DiC cartoon.

As a longtime fan who had to part with all his classic stuff, this line is a godsend. Getting the MOBAT and a Crimson HISS in one shot? Yes please!

#11 User is offline   Forcehunter 

• Crazy American Patriot

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Im getting that set for sure. I could use another Crimson HISS and Trouble Bubble. The MOBAT is a needed replacement since my old one had its turret broken.

#12 User is offline   KamenDreda 

• KamenDreda

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Count me as one that is only interested in the Short Fuze. If any one gets extras of this set and want to sell me the extra Short Fuze... Keep me in mind.

#13 User is offline   TommyGoth 

• I beat the bad guys!

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Why is there a Cobra troop in red and black in that picture? Doesn't say anything about him. Looks kinda like a Python Officer.

#14 User is offline   lldjslim 

• Battle Droid

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:53 PM

This set is gonna set you back $59.99 when it hits Target later this year. Pretty steep huh.

How do I know this.

Because, my friend works at the Target Import Warehouse and he looked it up for me and it showed up in the system priced at $59.99. The Rattler and the Conquest X-30 showed up too, they will be priced at $24.99 each.

I will defiently get 1 of them. But I would buy another if Target puts it on clearance.

And we all know how Target is, they will put something on clearance quick when they need to get rid of something.

#15 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

I'd glady fork out the 50 PLUS for this set, but seein's how my Targets don't carry these "exclusive" sets (well...no more than the one case that will have TWO in'em) I guess it'll be money left in the bank!

#16 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

The cost is definitely doable! I'd have expected more like 70-80 for this, given what you get. I'm no fan of countless CCs or Destros, but I can overlook that in this case. I don't know what I'll do with the extra Stalker, Destro and CC, but the COBRA soldier and Steeler are ambiguous enough to pass off as unique support staff, and Short Fuze seals the deal. The only downside I can think of is I can't justify getting more than one (to army buid the vehicles) since the figs come included. I wish they'd stop that. Kinda deflates sales potential if you ask me. I'd buy more sets if they did NOT include the figs.

#17 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

The figures in this set are blah...the vehicles are sorta blah (except the Flight Pod)...I think this is gonna be a pass for me.

#18 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

View PostCLAM34, on Jul 11 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

they canceled the desert Flint???/ WTF??? He was the best figure in that set! And the most original (we already have plenty green 13, CCs, Destros, cobra troopers, and what not... but he would be the only desert Joe to accompany Dusty.

When the pics of the convention stuff first started coming out, I remember Jay or someone saying that the pic of the desert Flint was a pic that wasn't supposed to be taken, and that someone had snuck in and snapped some shots of the displays before they were ready, and that Flint was never planned to be in the set and was put there accidentally.

So, there's still the possibility that we're getting him...just not with this set.

#19 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

This years $50 xmas set

Last year it was the Star Wars battle packs with the AT-ST's

I love this set and must have it

#20 User is offline   Cyberscream 

• Mouser

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

When I saw this, I thought in my head: Need to get. Can't wait!

#21 User is offline   boff123 

• cobra lackey

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

going to pass on it. this a clearance pick up after christmas thing 30-35 is good for me.

#22 User is offline   umanumanamo 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:45 PM

Ah, I've got no interest in this set, despite some of the gems included.

#23 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

View Postboff123, on Jul 11 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

going to pass on it. this a clearance pick up after christmas thing 30-35 is good for me.

It will only go on clearance if it's still in stock

#24 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

• The Good

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on Jul 11 2008, 11:09 PM, said:

View Postboff123, on Jul 11 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

It will only go on clearance if it's still in stock

That's what I was thinking. Can't imagine there being a whole lot of ANYTHING still hangin' around come Christmas, save maybe the 12" stuff (that just hit TRU btw) and some comic packs or two. Probably the very LAST of those Sigma Strike Duke's? ^_^

#25 User is offline   ninja katt 

• Andorian

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

Yawn... a lot of boring repaints here. CC alone makes this a big pass for me.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us