Masters of the Universe Classics Plundor Figure Video Review & Images

The Wire

Such a ridiculous figure, but the Horsemen did a great job. He looks pretty sharp.

And I didn't realize he comes with Skeletor's Filmation axe. Nice inclusion.

I love this figure mainly cause I loved the Ep the character appeared in. One of my favorite episodes of the original cartoon.

You know I really don't get the hate many of these Filmation figures get. Maybe because to me growing up my main exposure to He-Man was the cartoon but I would think the fandom would welcome these kind of obscure characters, and honestly I don't even consider this one obscure. He was created by Paul Dini and I know many Star Wars fans would love to see Hasbro do a Jaxxon figure. I just don't get the attitude I see from many MOTU collectors that seems to be if it wasn't a figure in the Vintage line they don't want it for this line.

I don't think it's so much the figures themselves, rather than they are Scott Neitlich's wants. He pretends to make the figures fans want, when in reality he just makes the stuff he wants. If people complain, he says they are a "vocal minority".

Scott claims that Nepthu was fan demanded, but even the loyal orgers denied such a statement. Then at some point he openly admitted that Nepthu was his personal want and didn't care if fans liked him or not.

LOL, I find it hard to believe Scott would have said that even if that is what he thought. Never-the-less every line is gonna have some duds. But I totally agree the Lizard Men should have or should get some plastic love.

I find it amazing in this day and age that someone like Scott Neitlich can keep his job after so many outbursts insulting fans (though always quickly deleted by Org mods)

Not only should Mattel fire him, but he should be banned from every MotUC board for the worst trolling in history.

Umm, yes! Scott doesn't have a filter when he gets flared up over negative fan response. I don't remember where I read it, prolly in one of the Q&As... but he snarkly said in so many words that he chose Nepthu because he likes him, and doesn't care if the fans want him or not. Then contradicted himself by saying that Nepthu was fan demanded. Basically, the ego makes him say stupid things... and the compulsive lying habit makes him contradict what he says. At any rate, not a very proffesional way to interact with fans.

To climb the corporate ladder, you have to step on toes, throw people under the bus, and be "cutthroat" ... Which is why Neitlich will NEVER lose his job.

You know I really don't get the hate many of these Filmation figures get. Maybe because to me growing up my main exposure to He-Man was the cartoon but I would think the fandom would welcome these kind of obscure characters, and honestly I don't even consider this one obscure. He was created by Paul Dini and I know many Star Wars fans would love to see Hasbro do a Jaxxon figure. I just don't get the attitude I see from many MOTU collectors that seems to be if it wasn't a figure in the Vintage line they don't want it for this line.

I think it mostly has to do with what we haven't seen and may never see in MOTUC.

An obscure character that appeared in one episode of a cartoon getting released while a character that fans have loved for decades and played with as a kid doesn't get released doesn't sit well with collectors.

I want as many figures as possible. Even if I've never heard of them or don't like them as characters, I still want to see them released. I just want other figures first, or at least an assurance that we'll get those other figures eventually. I don't want those obscure characters/figures at the expense of "better" ones.

I'm fine with the Star Sisters being made. But if MOTUC ends and I have the option of buying the Star Sisters but not Rio Blast and Dragstor, I think MOTUC has been mishandled.

And I would much rather have Filmation He-Man and Filmation Hordak than Nepthu or even Plundor for the reasons you mentioned if it can only be one or the other. I watched a ton of episodes with Filmation He-Man and Hordak featured, but only one with Nepthu or Plundor.

I think it mostly has to do with what we haven't seen and may never see in MOTUC.

An obscure character that appeared in one episode of a cartoon getting released while a character that fans have loved for decades and played with as a kid doesn't get released doesn't sit well with collectors.

I want as many figures as possible. Even if I've never heard of them or don't like them as characters, I still want to see them released. I just want other figures first, or at least an assurance that we'll get those other figures eventually. I don't want those obscure characters/figures at the expense of "better" ones.

I'm fine with the Star Sisters being made. But if MOTUC ends and I have the option of buying the Star Sisters but not Rio Blast and Dragstor, I think MOTUC has been mishandled.

And I would much rather have Filmation He-Man and Filmation Hordak than Nepthu or even Plundor for the reasons you mentioned if it can only be one or the other. I watched a ton of episodes with Filmation He-Man and Hordak featured, but only one with Nepthu or Plundor.

Those are all good points, the only problem is and it doesn't matter whether its MOTU, GIJoe, Star Wars, Marvel or what have you, no matter how obscure a character is there will always be fan(s) that insist its in huge demand and if the company makes it people will snap it up in droves. They will swear by it because its what they want and maybe even two of their friends want it to, and even though the reality is those people may be small in numbers overall, they tend to be very vocal by nature. Thats why I just enjoy what comes and try not to worry to much about what doesn't.

Those are all good points, the only problem is and it doesn't matter whether its MOTU, GIJoe, Star Wars, Marvel or what have you, no matter how obscure a character is there will always be fan(s) that insist its in huge demand and if the company makes it people will snap it up in droves. They will swear by it because its what they want and maybe even two of their friends want it to, and even though the reality is those people may be small in numbers overall, they tend to be very vocal by nature. Thats why I just enjoy what comes and try not to worry to much about what doesn't.

Reminds me of Yarna, lol. Fans demanded her, and then she sat on the pegs for a few years. Cause, you know every little kid wants a fat 6 boobied dancing girl for their birthday.

post-4639-0-79851200-1380995981_thumb.jpg

Nobody should really complain about anything in the filmation sub...its an extra sub that should cater to the niche collectors out there.

If these characters were all put in the main sub, then there would be a lot more to justify the negative comments.

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE