Wave 4 comic packs previewed

Sephron13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah, that SS/FF pack at first I thought was going to be a stinker, but man, look at that custom potential... I'm so buying every one of those that I see. Shippy will be turned into Cutter and I think HAsbro needs a new water moccasin, damnit.. seeing these vehicle drivers coming out.. why tease us like that??? You know if they bring them out, they're gonna pack in a figure to jack up the price, lol..

I don't get the Greedshirt Duke, lol... while it's cool, they could have easily used a different greenshirt and given use another of the original 13... actually to be honest, it's weird that they chose those 2 figures, lol.. you'd think they'd wanna give us more of the core characters, or well known, not Red Star, lol

Very Cool......The Oktober Guard pack is probably the least impressive here IMO......Yet another original 13 style re-paint....(I know they were the first but you gotta admit they are kinda dull)

Firefly and Stormy- I am REALLY liking that Firefly......just enough change and that blast vest looks badass.....plus I'm into the dark grey over the light grey. I could really do without S-n-M Stormy....I know thats what he's wearing but I just don't really dig it.

Shipwreck and Copperhead- Shipwreck looks great and way more polished then the first one. Copperhead looks really great........probably the pack I'm most excited for. The Navy PFD is a little much though.....but looks great on the figure.

Honestly, these have surpassed what I thought we might get with this Wave!! I especially like the new Copperhead with removeable helmet and Red Star- a character I'm none too familiar with, but like the look of.

As others have said- bravisomo, Hasbro!!!

The new Firefly looks awsome! Better than the previous 25th version, especially because the one we have gotten is basically a Beachhead body without the iconic jacket that Firefly sports. With the vest, his body doesn't look as thin,

Is it me or does anybody thinks that Hasbro will reuse that Comicbook ver body of Firefly to Shockwave? I mean, the vest seems to be made for Shockwave, seein how the placement of the knife and gernades is similar to that to the original RAH toy of Shockwave: http://www.yojoe.com/action/88/shockwave.shtml

These are interesting but I don't understand where they are getting some of these designs. A Green Shirt Duke (this only adds to the Hawk/Duke confusion)? Shirtless Strom Shadow? Are they going to just start giving the characters new designs now?

Odd choices overall...

Red Star is pretty obscure (but maybe we'll get the rest of the Oktober Guard now), so I can understand why they thought they needed Duke to sell the pack, but Duke, as a greenshirt, is kind of a waste when we're jonesing for the original greenshirt characters.

When you look at that Shipwreck you just KNOW they're going to do an easy Cutter repaint with a new head. That wouldn't be too bad but I wish they'd start switching parts so we get rolled up sleeves (why are rolled up sleeves the bane of Hasbro's design team anyway?).

Firefly/SS... kind of meh, but that Firefly looks pretty good. What is that SS supposed to be? He reminds me of the Sigma Six Shouri Crossbow version. The accessories are very nice though.

These are interesting but I don't understand where they are getting some of these designs. A Green Shirt Duke (this only adds to the Hawk/Duke confusion)? Shirtless Strom Shadow? Are they going to just start giving the characters new designs now?

It is possible that the Storm Shadow will have a shirt in the final release since the cover art shows him wearing a black top as oppose to be shirtless. Also, the SS looks like the DD version cept I think he is suppose to have a white shirt or gi on.

See thats how I feel. when I think comic packs I think old marvel or dd comics already established. I dont want a comic thats a story in between the already established comics. its seems that all they are doing is creating weird ass repaints or weird ass versions then creating a story for it. I will admin I was excited when I saw the SS figure, then was disappointed when I saw it had no shirt....wtf?

EvilStar doesn't know why everyone is down on that Duke. Green Duke looks like the best figure ever. Finally, we get a Duke who looks like he could be part of the First 13...who like it or not ARE THE BEST GI JOES EVER!!!!!

I agree that the first 13 are the best joes ever....but Duke is not apart of the 1st thirteen. No matter how Devils Due spins it or people want to believe it he is not.

Cool, I'm liking the DD Storm Shadow although I'm not used to seeing him shirtless. Copperhead is cool, although I don't like them using Roadblock's hands.

These are interesting but I don't understand where they are getting some of these designs.

I don't mean this negatively, but keep in mind that sometimes change is good. I would agree with anyone who says that change for its own sake isn't going to get us anywhere, but a few change ups- in this case via the freshly created Larry Hama stories that these comic packs are most likely based on- are a very welcome thing IMHO.

If all we got were endless retreads ad nauseum of SS, SE from the 80's era comics, honestly this line would cease to interest me. The fact that Hasbro isn't afraid (however tentative their step outside the traditional may be) to do something a little different reminds me of the maverick spirit that inspired my interest in GI Joe to begin with.

These are interesting but I don't understand where they are getting some of these designs.

I don't mean this negatively, but keep in mind that sometimes change is good. I would agree with anyone who says that change for its own sake isn't going to get us anywhere, but a few change ups- in this case via the freshly created Larry Hama stories that these comic packs are most likely based on- are a very welcome thing IMHO.

If all we got were endless retreads ad nauseum of SS, SE from the 80's era comics, honestly this line would cease to interest me. The fact that Hasbro isn't afraid (however tentative their step outside the traditional may be) to do something a little different reminds me of the maverick spirit that inspired my interest in GI Joe to begin with.

Oh I agree change is great, I mean we wouldnt even have these if we didnt have change. That being said though...this is supposed to be the 25h anniv line. Lets get the classic outfits of these people as much as we can. I just dont want to go down the same route as we usually do. The same character with 100+ different designs. Serious do we need another Duke? That Duke could have easily been Grun or zap or whatever. I do understand they want to keep known characters in the line but geez.