MOTUC Pre-Order Program Update
Posted 30 April 2009 - 07:21 PM
Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:49 AM
Whatever they do though, they need to nix that ONE SHIPMENT PER YEAR nonsense.
Ship the figures once a month. Don't make us wait a year.
You can choose one or the other. Either get them once a month as they're released, or have them all held and shipped together at the end of the year.
Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:44 AM
I guess He-RO won't be included neither will be the He-Man/Skeletor reissues, whenever those take place.
But next year, would probably work but without knowing the lineup for the entire year I'd be a little hesistant to commit so early. If it turns out 5 out of the 12 figures are the only I really want it would end being a huge waste of $.
Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:57 PM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:17 AM
so I can get more than 10 subscriptions, but there is a limit of only 10 per order in the monthly thing?
this is also going to make it very hard for them to guess the demand for figures...
anyhow, I will put in mine and hope for the best.
Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:24 AM
even a 5 at a time or what not option may prove useful... or the option to ship when you want to ship... I honestly can't see people waiting a year to get there hands on a fave character ...
Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:17 AM
Cost will be the same as the regular orders. Each figure will cost $20 plus shipping, which usually comes to around $28 total.
Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:41 PM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:50 PM
Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:11 PM
Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:59 AM
Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:52 AM
ok, this whole subscription thing seems WACK to me!
So if i sign up, i CANT cancel? what if you have money problems? or decide you dont want this stuff anymore? WTF?
Another thing is your going in blind with a full years order. What if they shift from classic figures to New Adventures, or She-Ra? OH WELL! because you cant cancel you order!
Great concept, horribly horribly failed execution IMO.
They should have done this like the "Pile of Loot" BBTS has. That would have been almost perfect for this line.- From May 18th through May 22nd (five days only), come to MattyCollector.com to sign up for the 2009 service.
Every month, from September through December, you'll be guaranteed to get the figure of the month at current prices, for a total of four.
- Once you sign up, you're in for the whole period (subscriptions can't be cancelled).
- Exact figures will be announced approximately three months from each on-sale date.
- Figures can either be shipped and charged once per month as they become available, or they can be held for the year, and charged and shipped together on December 15th.
- You can sign up for as many subscriptions as you want during the five day period. No limit!
- Figures will also be available at MattyCollector.com on the 15th of each month without the subscription. So, if you want extras of some figures, you'll still have the option to buy more — but availability won't be guaranteed.
- The subscription will only be for the figure of the month, and won't include convention figures, or other special figures.
Subscriptions for the full year 2010 will be available in August 2009.
Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:14 AM
and i wonder who will wait 12 months for their figures?
imagine that package got lost in mail and mailed to some
fanboy, it will be a super merry christmas. if i was mattel,
i will give 4 options at least. ship per month, 3 months,
6 months, 12 months.
plus i wonder lets say you ordered the subscription, and
you order additional figures... can you ship the subscription
order plus extra order together? if no, i know someone will
be pissed. if yes, imagine some guy buy like 10 orders of
subscription, and buy 10 extra figures each month and all
these will be billed at the end of the year. suddenly decided
to bail out...
best of luck to those subscribing~