Win A G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Season 2.0 DVD Box Set

JayC

ENI is giving away an advanced copy of the G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero Season 2.0 DVD boxset which was provided to us by the nice people at Shout factory. The set will hit stores on April 27, 2010 but one lucky TNI forum member will be able to get their copy early for FREE. Here are the details on how you can enter to win:

1. Between now and Friday, March 19, 2010 make a post in this thread telling us which episode from the second season of the 80’s G.I.Joe classic cartoon was your favorite one and why.

2. Each person who makes a post in this thread telling us the what their favorite episode form season 2 was and why will have their name entered into a drawing which will be held on Saturday, March 20, 2010, and the person’s who name we draw will be sent the Season 2.0 DVD boxset from Shout Factory for FREE.

3. You must be 18 yrs or older to be eligible to win and have a U.S. Postal address that we can mail the prize to.

4. You must be a registered TNI forum member to be able to enter and only one entry per member is allowed.

5. The winner will be contacted via PM here on the forums by me on Saturday, March 20, 2010 letting them know they have won, and then once we have verified the winner’s information we will announce the winner here in the G.I.Joe forum section.

6. For more information on the DVD boxset that you will be trying to win, click here.

7. For additional contest rules click here.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. Good luck to everyone and YO JOE!!!!!!!!!

Sink The Montana

Decent storyline: how the captain rather than lose his ship, he becomes a trader and attacks the Navy. I thought it was one of the better episodes of Season 2.

The entire "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" story arc. I always thought it was just a cool story of how COBRA creating this 'Frankenstein' type being who would be the ultimate leader. Serpentor himself would probably have proven more popular if Hasbro hadn't designed him to look so MOTU. Plus the 5 episodes of Arise also heavily focused on COBRA and its members and inner workings and that for me was also a big draw.

NIGHTMARE ASSAULT was my favorite. I think it is one of the darker, more twisted Joe episodes. It shows the heroes at their respective emotional breaking points. Mindbender has a Freddy Krueger thing going the whole episode and Low-Light is the man in it!!!

My Personal Favorite Season 2 Episode is "Computer Complications" ....

Why I Love the Episode :

-It Features 2 of my Favorite Playsets, The USS FLAGG and The Tactical Battle Platform

-I liked those Cool looking Robot Subs

-The Whole chemistry between Zarana and Mainframe was very interesting ....the whole good guy falls in love with bad guy , sorta like a James Bond Movie.

-You see a Special Group of Joes created for one reason Work together ....Shipwreck, Deep Six, Torpedo and Wet Suit each meant for Naval Duty .

-And the whole Dramatic Ending with the sinking of the FLAGG (I never thought that the USS FLAGG Would go down)....and on top of that , you gotta imagine that there still had to be People on Both Cobra and Joe Carries when they went down..... Plus there's something that sounded cool when Admiral Ledger Says "Abandon Ship !,Abandon Ship ! , Swim for the Battle Platform!!"

-In conclusion this episode lead to another episode which was "Raising of the FLAGG"

:)

The Most Dangerous Thing in the World (not to be confused with "The Greatest Evil" - Headman's drug running episode from the DIC episodes) - causing trouble by giving the Joes something to argue about in their ranks. One of the best ideas Cobra ever had!

"Sink the Montana" is my favorite Season 2 episode.

It's such a great character driven episode. Admiral George Lattimer's conflict is born out of an admiral (pun intended) affection for his ship which is at odds with his duty as an officer. As a kid, it was very identifiable to know what it's like to love something so much that you could not give it up. So the tragic nature of this story really left a impression on me. Lattimer's conflict was mirrored by General Hawk's loyalty to his friend and his own sense of duty. But Hawk, as a great heroic leader, did what was right.

Having not watched Season 2 since it's original airing, outside of "Arise Serpentory Arise", this was one of the few episodes I still very clearly remember. I remember more from Season 1, but I'd put "Sink the Montana" up there with any Joe episode.

I love the episode THE ROTTEN EGG, in which Leatherneck visits a military academy graduation only to discover that it is a Cobra Academy. This story really helped flesh out the Cobra universe and made you realize "Oh Yeah, they probably have their own academies." I even made a Cobra Commandant custom figure based on my memory of this episode. I especially liked episodes that broadened the scope of the Cobra universe beyond simple snake fortresses and toys. I also loved how they tied in the Real Parris Island Marine graduation in the end.

My favorite episode of Season 2 was "Arise Serpentor, Arise" part 5, not only the complete reveal of the animated Serpentor but the twist of how Cobra Commander shows guile by telling Serpentor how he needs him for a scapegoat otherwise Cobra Command will realize just how imperfect he (Serpentor) is. Brilliant & completely different from how it was handled in the Marvel comic.

My favorite episode would be "COUNTDOWN FOR ZARTAN"

Considered that ZARTAN and his Siblings are my all time FAVORITE characters.... When ZARTAN was capture and hold into a cell and Cobra was about to Blow up the very same Building with Important Leaders, and Gung Ho set his watch ahead of time on which the Bomb would explode... ZARTAN gave up and cried and told the JOES where the BOMBS was... That was a Great episode

In all of it's campy glory, my favorite is Glamour Girls. Lady Jaye and Cover Girl as undercover models...who could ask for anything more? Also, the poetic justice in Madame Vail losing her face.

Sink the Montana was my fave!! Definitely a tragedy. Decide to follow the one thing that has remained constant in your life, and in fact saved your life, or do your duty and follow your country which gave you the opportunity to be with the constant thing in your life in the first place?? It works on so many levels!!!

My favorite episode would be "The million dollar medic"

LifeLine rescues Bree Van Mark, daughter of a wealthy industrialist, from a watery grave. To show her gratitude, Bree showers the reluctant LifeLine with expensive gifts -- including a gold-plated helicopter. Inevitably, the girl becomes a pawn in the latest Cobra scheme. one of the best episode of season 2893USA1-thumb.gif

Arise serpentor Arise pt 4

As a kid I always had my joes fight monsters. And the mutated monster slaughter fought let me see that on the TV screen. It was corny, and later on I went through a phase where i disliked it. But part of the charm of the whole series was being over the top, I can now watch it and laugh at the silly moments and enjoy the nostalgia. No other episoide so quickly can make me remember vividly my living room monster hunting.

Arise Serpentor Arise

There are so many reasons that this story arc is my favorite! Sgt. Slaughter always was my favorite character, and he is in this at his best! When he fights the monster was great! You just didn't see that kind of thing on GI Joe. Serpentor was cool too, but I also liked watching Cobra Commander try to sabotage the whole thing only to have Scrap Iron take the side of anyone who will pay him more. Dr. Mindbender was great. And what made it better was my weekly allowance at this time was the exact cost of a figure. So I had every figure that was in the show and was able to play out the whole thing!

Season 2 is my favorite part of the whole Sunbow Series because I'm a big Serpentor fan. Numerous great episodes.

My favorite is "My Favorite Things"

It start off great with the BAT in action. A lot of character development for Serpentor to see different faces of his personality. Skull Splitter, Takshaka, etc. all awesome!