Anyone else into the old 12" Kenner/Hasbro dolls?

yojoebro82

I have a select few from the 90s and I think they hold up pretty well.

I have the electronic Darth Vader that I love! You can arrange his soft goods stuff to look like A New Hope Darth or ESB/ROTJ Darth, he's got a 2 piece, removable helmet with a really good Shaw likeness underneath, and sound effects that sound just like the movie!

The 12" scale Yoda might be one of the best Yoda likenesses available in plastic.

I also like the real fur on the 12" Chewbacca.

The best part is these guys are relatively cheep (if you're like me and can't afford a Hot Toys doll). Yeah, yeah, the Luke and Han likenesses are not exactly spot-on, but they're passable. I own the above three figures plus slave Leia and Darth Maul. I have an itch to hit up ebay and get a couple more....

Yeah, I have a soft spot in my heart for the old Kenner POTF2 stuff, even the twelve-inchers. They have a distinct vintage Kenner-esque look and feel to them. I was never crazy about that electronic Vader though. I always preferred the first release. The former always seemed to have an oddly-shaped mask that seemed to stick out at a very odd angle. But the rest of him was pretty neat, I'll admit..

I'd personally like to get another 12-inch ANH Han Solo, and I love the Palpatine from that line. I even have the Sideshow version, and I think that Kenner one holds up quite well in comparison. Another one I'd like to have back is the Episode I Obi-Wan. I always thought that one was very nice, along with Darth Maul. Geeze yojoe...you're gonna talk me right into getting back into this line. (lol)

I collected the first few assortments of the Collector Series; for me, it was like a continuation/upgrade of the vintage 12" line. I somehow missed Han the first time, so, I made up for it the second time around, I even bought 2 of Han and Boba to open. While there obviously improvements from the vintage line, I was a little disappointed in the articulation and loose handgrips for weapons (from the same company that made G.I.Joe?!). I was a sucker for completion for a while, I even had the 2 hair color Lukes and Tusken Raider accessories, lol. but, I think I quit collecting around the 'Hoth' wave. I stiil bought a few of the exclusives; Greedo, Han & Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise, and Emperor/Royal Guard, as well as R2, Yoda, Mace, Count Dooku, and the OTC Boba Fett.

I wonder how these new 5 poa 12" compare to the vinage figs? The Clone Trooper may have more articulation than the vintage Stormtrooper, lol; although, Vader appears to be the same height.

I was a sucker for completion for a while,

I wonder how these new 5 poa 12" compare to the vinage figs?

That was an easy time to be suckered into being a completist. It was that time in the 90s JUST before Episode I and the merchandising onslaught had not quite begun yet.

If you're talking about those hunks of stiff-as-a-board plastic figures that Hasbro likes to do now, I'm guessing they don't hold up too well...

I wonder how these new 5 poa 12" compare to the vinage figs?
If you're talking about those hunks of stiff-as-a-board plastic figures that Hasbro likes to do now, I'm guessing they don't hold up too well...
Yeah, the Anakin & Vader look like an extension of the Gentle Giant 12" Kenner line. I should've specified, new 4 poa Clone Trooper vs vintage Stormtrooper; of course, the Collector Series/OTC Stortrooper/ E2 Clone Trooper beat them both );

I used to have them all. I loved them, then sideshow started and I was like... how am I going to afford these??? Around that time, I started cutting back and selling stuff and I sold them all. I still have a Lando and Ackbar... I think that's it. Oh, I still have the original Vader too.

I still want to hunt down a nice crispy white vintage stormtrooper and the newer clone trooper and put them on my bookshelf together.