6" DC Collectibles Batman: The Animated Series Two-Face & Mr. Freeze First Looks

The Wire

6" DC Collectibles Batman: The Animated Series Two-Face & Mr. Freeze First Looks

View the full article

Its just not fair man! 6" scale, near-DCUC level articulation, dead-on model likenesses, and every figure is gonna come with multiple episode specific accessories. How is a guy supposed to say "NO" to these?

Id like to say No because they are New Adventures designs, but who knows if these characters will get another go round? Better to settle than be incomplete I guess

I like New Adventures, and these are still freakin' sweet, but I'm a little surprised they're going with NA. Isn't the Catwoman figure going to be the one from Batman The Animated Series or did I imagine that? But Batman, Two-Face, and Mr. Freeze are all NA? It's early and the line is just starting, but I'm curious about the heavy NA influence so far.

Plus, according to DCC just because a character is released in one show's style, doesn't mean it won't see release in the other show's style. So, for example, we could still see a TNBA Catwoman and a B:TAS Batman down the line.

As long as business is good. No guarantees.

Sorry, since the depression of 2008, I need more than "maybes" to jump into a line blindly with wallet in hand. TAS should get total focus first, before the line loses steam or collectors lose interest or the company decides its too expensive or...

On the bright side, we arent dealing with Mattel here.

DCC has shown that they can put together a good, long run of figures. Look at the various Arkham video game lines. It's huge and it's produced figures I never thought we'd see. If TAS is anything like that, I'd think you'd get the figures you want eventually whether you're a fan of TAS or New Adventures. But yes, time will tell...

DCC has shown that they can put together a good, long run of figures. Look at the various Arkham video game lines. It's huge and it's produced figures I never thought we'd see. If TAS is anything like that, I'd think you'd get the figures you want eventually whether you're a fan of TAS or New Adventures. But yes, time will tell...

But the video game is still a fresh, ongoing franchise to coincide with figures...a beloved cartoon of four seasons that is 20+ years old is gonna have a bit more fighting to do to sell

Well, eight figures (assuming the first and second wave at least are guaranteed) is a pretty good start. Depending on the character selection, you could have a fairly "complete" animated Batman collection in two waves (though I don't know if they'll put so many big guns into the first two waves), so I could see two waves alone being worth the price.

This line has so much potential it's scary...

The first wave will be Batman, Mr. Freeze, and Two-Face from The New Batman Adventures and Catwoman from Batman: The Animated series. The second wave will do the opposite by having three from B:TAS and one from TNBA.

That explains it. Thanks, mate.

The only thing that Two-Face is missing is his coin. Other than that, both really do look cool. I'll probably get Two-Face. While I was okay with The New Batman Adventures style Mr. Freeze, I preferred his The Animated Series look. Though someone refresh my memory, I thought that during The New Batman Adventures, Freeze was no longer was wearing the Glass Dome over his head.

Although I really like how these upcoming 6" Animated series figures look, sometimes, there is a part of me that kind of wishes that DC Collectables did these figures actually around the 4.5" and 5" scale, so that they could be inscale with any of the Bruce Timm style Animated figures from Kenner/Hasbro and Mattel. Could of been nice updates, or at the very least, help fill in anyone's Bruce Timm DC Animated Universe collection who are missing any of these figures, and don't want to pay the very high prices on eBay, Kijiji, etc.