New G.I.Joe 'Hall of Heroes' Packaging Revealed

The Wire

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... I don't see the point of this really.

they were supposed to be exclusive decos or something.. but that Viper look just like the one from the new boxset

anyhow, it's better than all silver or figures or something terrible like that

Okay so i can get 5 vipers (one with a removable helmet) with crappy arms and no chrome for 25 and change, or one with chrome and good arms for 12 + shipping? doesn't sound fair to me.

Depends onw hat the rest of the line looks like if i get anyone. Zartan might be a winner, as i still have no 25th verison, i"m expecting the new 5pack to change that though.

on hisstank, someone said the viper is an e-tailer exclusives. i think they are just straight repacks with a few having some slight paint changes. this whole wave is a pass. i get a viper in the boxset, screw this 12 dollar figure, reminds of the 11 dollar votc from star wars. 4-5 extra bucks for a fancy package, you can shove it hasbro.

i don't know why they would clog up shelves with these guys (since most people have them already) when they have revision cases. if they had half a brain they could just slip in one of these figures into each case coming out.

I'm really liking that packaging...........I'm not a MOC collector but those cards look nice enough to keep MOC and have them standing up behind my open figures in my display. Plus, the heavy addition of the Red, White and Blue logo doesn't hurt either...........I'm definitely going to pick some of these up. #US1#

I'll probably grab all of these just for the sake of keeping them MOC and displaying them.

Interesting packaging, reminds me of the MOTU reissue packaging.

The packaging looks nice and all, but I'm not shellin' out $12 for repackaged figures that I already have...especially not for a peg warming Viper.

Off topic: How come when I click on a topic on TNI, it doesn't show all posts like usual, it shows the original post and then all other posts are shown in outline form or something. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Freekin geez. Leave it to Hasbro to figure out a way to remarket a figure that has already been released six times over. Why didn't they start the 25th anniversary figures this way? Doubt I will be buying, maybe after they've been put on clearance twice. Found a near mint Ultimate Battle Pack for 13 bucks the other day!!!

So far I'm not sure. I hate spending money on figures I already have but with FF and Viper there enough of a change that I could talk myself into it (I like troop building with two figures so one viper from the five pack and one from the HOH and I have my two). Crimson Guard just isn't enough of a "good" change for me to get it. Though now I'm interested in seeing pictures from the rest of the collection.

I really didn't want to open any of these but I'm going to have to get that Flint......it took them 3 times to get him right. Unless, that's the Flint from the new boxset coming out.........haven't seen pics in a while. Everything else is......Meh......I'll get a couple just cause of the packaging but other than that not too excited.

Slick how they have "1 of 10" or "4 of 10" on the outside of the box though.....trying to trick me into getting them all. "Gotta catch 'em all!!"

I've include at the top of this thread direct links to all 10 figures. Please keep the discussion on these to this one thread and lets not be heisting the images from the other sites. I don't aggree in Hasbro's wisdom of making people hunt all over the Internet for these but they are those sites exclusives so go there to check them out.

The only ones I want are Flint and the Viper, and thankfully, those are in the new boxed sets so these are a pretty easy pass for me. I would have gotten a MOC set, but I had to drop carded Joes for the MOTUC line. :(

Now is the Hall of Heroes line the ones we voted on last year? I remember taking a poll of your 25 favorites, and I think I remember seeing the results but I forget who made it.

I believe the 25 you are thinking of were the original 25 for the 25th anniversary. Those received the chrome gijoe logo and "25th" labeling. THAT line did so well that they continued it with comic, international, mask, or cartoon labeling. I think there was a vote on 10 only for this line.

I wish cobra trooper won and included the upper arms with flares and garrote like the original! totally menacing!