Rise of Cobra Firefly figure pics

CLAM

looks like I might actually buy a movie figure.. can't tell for sure yet, but Firefly might be a winner. One of those backdoor factory workers has some auctions up for these figures early

Click for more pics including back of the cardbacks for Firefly, BBQ and Cobra Commander

Firefly.jpg

Storm_Shadow_Paris_Pursuit.jpg

Sgt_Stone.jpg

Cover Girl

Covergirl.jpg

Barbecue

Barbecue.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firefly looks decent. Hadn't even heard that he was in the movie, or don't remember if it was or not.

Could he be the mysterious role that Brandon Fraser is playing?

Firefly looks decent. Hadn't even heard that he was in the movie, or don't remember if it was or not.

nah.. Hasbro said that they are going to mix in some classic characters...

this Firefly figure looks like it's a repaint of 25th parts, not a new figure.

More images

Scarlett.jpg

Duke.jpg

Snow-Viper

Ice_Viper.jpg

Deep Six

Deep_Six.jpg

From what wikipedia says (and it's track record of 100% accuracy @hmmm@ ), Fraser is supposed to be playing a decendant of his Mummy character and is only going to have a cameo as a 'motorcycle riding sergeant.'

I would venture to say that this is a mix much like the Wolverine Origin figures that include characters from the movie and comics.

Yea Ive got to agree Firefly looks worth getting. Im liking Storm Shadow too. Im not liking the Joes or CC. I think the Baroness is also a worthy figure.

I believe ones like Firefly, BBQ, Deep Six are I guess what you could call expanded universe characters. Hasbro's versions of movie characters but don't actually appear in the movie.

No.

Spoiler: Highlight below.

Fraser is believed to have a cameo as Rock N' Roll.

No.

that was just fan speculation that ignored the fact that O'Connel and McConnel are different names and attempted to create the correlation simply because they both end with Connel. the connection is as arbitrary as saying he is Barbecue because he's from Boston and probably Irish (a more logical connection considering O'Connell is Irish and McConnell is Scottish). a different name is a different name.

I'd heard Fraser was playing

Gung Ho

except Frasier himself has said he isn't.

man.. with the total lull in 25th stuff.. I guess I'll be nabbing that Firefly, BBQ, and Snowviper (I don't get why he comes with a WOLF skimissile)...

silly Hasbro, always finding a way to get my money.. or, I guess silly me for falling for it.

Cobra_Viper.jpg

Cobra_Commander.jpg

Heavy_Duty.jpg

Snake-Eyes_Paris_Pursuit.jpg

I for one appreciate Hasbro's uncanny ability to take perfectly good accessories and overscale them to the extreme. I hope there is enough room on screen to see the actors past their enormous rocket launchers. (I'd also like to note Deadpool comic version's gigantic sai(?). Who uses a 6' sai?) Anyway, suprised I haven't seen more gripes about this.

No.

that was just fan speculation that ignored the fact that O'Connel and McConnel are different names and attempted to create the correlation simply because they both end with Connel. the connection is as arbitrary as saying he is Barbecue because he's from Boston and probably Irish (a more logical connection considering O'Connell is Irish and McConnell is Scottish). a different name is a different name.

Gung Ho

I don't think the name was the only clue Frasier has dropped that lead people to think it was

Rock N' Roll

but your right we don't really know for sure who he will play. Its only a minor cameo though so I doubt they would make him a character people aren't really familiar with, what would be the point?

No.

Gung Ho

I don't think the name was the only clue Frasier has dropped that lead people to think it was

Rock N' Roll

but your right we don't really know for sure who he will play. Its only a minor cameo though so I doubt they would make him a character people aren't really familiar with, what would be the point?

the only other things he said was he rode a 3-wheeled motorcycle, wore a beret and was a SGT, none of which really elude to Rock n Roll.

I've been following these reveals over the past couple of months, and there's one character in the 3 3/4" scale that isn't getting all that much press:

Snake-Eyes.

Obviously, they are going to release at least ONE figure of him......but its likely they'll release multiple versions.

Curious how we've not seen him yet....

No.

Gung Ho

Rock N' Roll

My personal bet/guess is that he'll cameo as Sgt Slaughter. He's as high profile as any other actor in the film ( despite having a rumoured bit part), so why relegate him to a character who is not as well known as the Sarge?

Besides, I think it would be a lot of fun to see him as Slaughter.

I've been following these reveals over the past couple of months, and there's one character in the 3 3/4" scale that isn't getting all that much press:

Snake-Eyes.

Obviously, they are going to release at least ONE figure of him......but its likely they'll release multiple versions.

Curious how we've not seen him yet....

we have. the carded version has already been on ebay and there is an arctic version of him with a trenchcoat.