TNI Forums: New Star Wars Movies Planned - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Star Wars Movies Planned

#76 User is offline   Devilbat 

  • "What are you prepared to do?"
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,404
  • Joined: 10-December 01

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Quote

"You got to put some cool 'Star War's people in there," he told Access. "Bring the others back into it. [You] can't just create a whole new audience out of nowhere."


Uhh, Mr. Jackson, that's exactly what George Lucas did with the original trilogy. Nice try though. (lol)

Seriously, I love Samuel L. Jackson's enthusiasm for Star Wars; it's pretty-much what landed him the part of Mace Windu in the first place. I even like the character, and I would like to think he did in fact survive his fall out of Palpatine's office window. But his appearance in the new films might seem like an oddly-placed cameo. It might feel like, "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr. Samuel L. Jackson as Jedi Master Mace Windu! He's alive!!" (lol) it would just clunk you over the head with the jarring realization that Master Windu not only survived his fall but that he's still alive after all these years, and he didn't have a hand (no pun intended by the way) in the Rebellion.

#77 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostDevilbat, on 09 July 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Quote

"You got to put some cool 'Star War's people in there," he told Access. "Bring the others back into it. [You] can't just create a whole new audience out of nowhere."


Uhh, Mr. Jackson, that's exactly what George Lucas did with the original trilogy. Nice try though. (lol)

Seriously, I love Samuel L. Jackson's enthusiasm for Star Wars; it's pretty-much what landed him the part of Mace Windu in the first place. I even like the character, and I would like to think he did in fact survive his fall out of Palpatine's office window. But his appearance in the new films might seem like an oddly-placed cameo. It might feel like, "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr. Samuel L. Jackson as Jedi Master Mace Windu! He's alive!!" (lol) it would just clunk you over the head with the jarring realization that Master Windu not only survived his fall but that he's still alive after all these years, and he didn't have a hand (no pun intended by the way) in the Rebellion.


Ugh...sam jackson needs to go away. or go back to movies where he just yells and kills people. Id be happy if they cut him from all future Marvel projects if his probably millions of dollars for 5-10 minutes of work will pay for one more Hulk sfx shot. He is a waste of space there, just as he is in the Star Wars Universe.

#$## Mace Windu.

#78 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oh don't get me wrong. I love Sam Jackson. I just re-watched Pulp Fiction last night, a true American classic. I like him in the Marvel movies. Loved him in Django Unchained. Mace Windu was one of the few elements of the prequels that had some potential of being cool.

I just think Mace is dead.

#79 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Will Disney Sacrifice 'Star Wars' Films For 'Star Wars' Toys?
http://www.forbes.co...artner=yahootix

#80 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

  • http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 15,704
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Abrams And 'The Rules Of Star Wars'

#81 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

  • http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 15,704
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Open Auditions Begin For 'Lead Roles' In Star Wars Sequels

#82 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Sam Jackson laments not being called to do the new Star Wars movie.

Yet.

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-090049118.html

Maybe it's because......MACE WINDU IS DEAD!!!!!

#83 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

I thought the big three and the two droids being in the movie was a foregone conclusion.

#84 User is offline   GPM in ICT 

  • Mer-Man
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,731
  • Joined: 20-November 03

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm not sure how much thought Disney has really given this December thing. While I'm sure all their "bean counters" have gone back and forth, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.I mean, it's Star Wars so it's going to make a lot of money and positioning it in Dec there won't be a lot of other big budget movies around it. But you also won't have kids that can go see it again and again like they would during the summer. I think it might hurt toy sales a bit if they release like they always have in the past (in other words several weeks before the movie open, which would be the beginning of Dec). But I also expect announcement for this movie to be released in 3D and IMAX (and both) between now and then. I also figure we won't get it's first real trailer until it's put infront of Avengers 2 (in May 2015).

#85 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

  • Scarlet
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 12,137
  • Joined: 02-April 04

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

The way movies are now days, Dec 18th is fine.. Kids are off for Christmas break.. perfect time to go camp out for a SW movie. Toys coming out right before Xmas too? Why not.. lets not also forget they'll probably have flashback/tie-in figures leading up to the new movie.. repacks/legends/movie heroes.. Rebels... then BAM... Episode VII figures, seems smart to me. After December, they way people are now, they will be talking about the next Miley Cyrus video, or the latest Kardashian wedding/baby.. so it's good to get your half a month of SW in while you can, lol.

#86 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostJoeRhyno, on 20 November 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

After December, they way people are now, they will be talking about the next Miley Cyrus video, or the latest Kardashian wedding/baby.


I hope both of those fads will be gone in two years.

#87 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

another rumor for the pile...
http://www.bleedingc...rs-episode-vii/
Time Lord vs. Sith Lord?

#88 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

http://movies.yahoo....-220837666.html

So I'm guessing there's going to be no need to stuff Kenny Baker into the modern R2?

#89 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

  • http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 15,704
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

^I read last night that Kenny was only used for one shot in AOTC (Naboo wedding?), so as to include him in the credits. I don't know about ROTS, but, I assume something similar could be done, as long as he's able

#90 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostBespin refugee, on 21 November 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

^I read last night that Kenny was only used for one shot in AOTC (Naboo wedding?), so as to include him in the credits. I don't know about ROTS, but, I assume something similar could be done, as long as he's able


Nothing like getting thrown a mercy paycheck for nostalgia value. They're paying a guy to sit in a can to preform actions that can be done completely by remote. I'm not trying to get on his case or anything, nothing against Kenny Baker. It would be great work if you can get it.

Also, in the SW universe, R2 is going to be several decades old by now. Wouldn't that be like me using my grandma's TV from the 1950'S?

#91 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,044
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 21 November 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Also, in the SW universe, R2 is going to be several decades old by now. Wouldn't that be like me using my grandma's TV from the 1950'S?


Not really. All you have to do is look at the games that take place thousands of years before the Original and Prequel trilogies and it's pretty clear that technology in the Star Wars Universe is pretty much completely stagnant. They build stuff to last, too...

#92 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

View PostJmacq1, on 22 November 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 21 November 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Also, in the SW universe, R2 is going to be several decades old by now. Wouldn't that be like me using my grandma's TV from the 1950'S?


Not really. All you have to do is look at the games that take place thousands of years before the Original and Prequel trilogies and it's pretty clear that technology in the Star Wars Universe is pretty much completely stagnant. They build stuff to last, too...


Posted Image
The R1-series astromech droid was Industrial Automaton's first production model of their new consumer-market R-series astromech droid line. R1-G4 was an R1-series astromech droid produced by Industrial Automaton prior to the Battle of Yavin.

so, yeah...where is the R3 series? huh, they've made up to like, R9s in the expanded universe? Oh, wait...that's all scrapped now.

http://starwars.wiki...trial_Automaton
Posted Image

#93 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,044
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

View Postfeatofstrength, on 27 November 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

View PostJmacq1, on 22 November 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on 21 November 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

Also, in the SW universe, R2 is going to be several decades old by now. Wouldn't that be like me using my grandma's TV from the 1950'S?


Not really. All you have to do is look at the games that take place thousands of years before the Original and Prequel trilogies and it's pretty clear that technology in the Star Wars Universe is pretty much completely stagnant. They build stuff to last, too...


Posted Image
The R1-series astromech droid was Industrial Automaton's first production model of their new consumer-market R-series astromech droid line. R1-G4 was an R1-series astromech droid produced by Industrial Automaton prior to the Battle of Yavin.

so, yeah...where is the R3 series? huh, they've made up to like, R9s in the expanded universe? Oh, wait...that's all scrapped now.

http://starwars.wiki...trial_Automaton
Posted Image



Nothing's scrapped until they say it is. And none of that changes that technology is basically stagnant in the Star Wars universe.

#94 User is offline   bcoope 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 03-December 13

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

No doubt Starwars is going to make a lot of money. But didn`t the first movies get success too?
What I hope is that besides making millions they make a good movie as well.
Click to watch the game preview.

#95 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

"Star Wars will follow the Marvel strategy"

http://movies.yahoo....-153558785.html

Not really a surprise. This quote, however, is absolutely hilarious:

The strategy when it came to capitalizing on the comic book empire, Rausl0 said was “..to take this treasure trove of content and deliver it through the Disney eco-system.”

Leave it to a Suit to find the most colorful way of saying, "Take this cash cow and milk it dry. Then milk it some more!"

I'm not bitter about it. They're going to do what they're going to do with Star Wars. Maybe we'll get some good movies out of it, maybe not. The only unfortunate thing at this point is that we have to put up with Darth Vader "selfies" and, most likely, even more selfies from all the other beloved SW characters.

(Damn you, Webster's, for making "selfie" a word).

#96 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 10 December 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

"Star Wars will follow the Marvel strategy"

http://movies.yahoo....-153558785.html

Not really a surprise. This quote, however, is absolutely hilarious:

The strategy when it came to capitalizing on the comic book empire, Rausl0 said was “..to take this treasure trove of content and deliver it through the Disney eco-system.”

Leave it to a Suit to find the most colorful way of saying, "Take this cash cow and milk it dry. Then milk it some more!"


Strategy? I didn't realize "getting lucky on a gamble with Robert Downey Jr." was a strategy? If so, I can't wait for the Boba Fett movie starring RDJ...oh, wait...he has to be like a New Zealand Maori (Thanks, George)? Well there's the "Tropic Thunder" card we could play...

Im being serious guys...no bullshit on their bullshit here. I would see it.

#97 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 30,969
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

Number 1...Putting out stand alone movies every year is stupid it waters down the franchise

Number 2 December is the Dumbest time of the year to put this out...They should of released it during the summer

#98 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,044
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 18 December 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

Number 1...Putting out stand alone movies every year is stupid it waters down the franchise

Number 2 December is the Dumbest time of the year to put this out...They should of released it during the summer


Number 1: Not necessarily. The Star Wars universe is a big place. There's lots of room to maneuver with different stories, much like the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With Star Wars there's also potentially different timeframes to play in, as well. Beyond all that, franchises exist to make their owners money...can't exactly do that if you aren't producing media and product for the public to consume. Star Wars isn't any different that way...it's no coincidence that the volume of Star Wars product has started contracting over the last couple years as media efforts with the franchise have waned.

Number 2: No, it's not the dumbest. Summer would have been better, it's true, but after Summer, Winter/Christmastime is pretty much the second biggest movie-viewing time of the year. Plenty of films have been released in late fall/winter and gone on to huge box office success (Avatar, for example). December also has the reputation of being the time period when "better quality" movies come out, so positioning it here is a sign that Disney has faith in the quality of their product (whether that faith is warranted or not remains to be seen, especially given that they haven't started filming yet). The dumbest time of the year would have been September/October or January/February.

#99 User is online   yojoebro82 

  • Baroness
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,287
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

It could come out on the day of the Apocalypse and it wouldn't matter. This movie will make just as much money regardless of time of year. Everyone will see it.

#100 User is offline   featofstrength 

  • Rat King
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,373
  • Joined: 15-April 06

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

View Postyojoebro82, on 19 December 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

It could come out on the day of the Apocalypse and it wouldn't matter. This movie will make just as much money regardless of time of year. Everyone will see it.


I plan on bootlegging/ripping to see them.

Share this topic:


  • 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us