TNI Forums: MOTUC Sold Out Figures To Return?!? - TNI Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MOTUC Sold Out Figures To Return?!? a statement from Mattel.

#1 User is offline   JayC 

• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...13&itemid=14001

MOTUC fans,

While we sold out of He-Man in about the time we expected, Skeletor went really fast. We are still reviewing sales but if fan support continues it looks like we could have a real winner.

For those who missed out on the first three figures, we will indeed bring core characters back from time to time, but will change things up such as packaging, deco or even accessories to preserve the collectability of the first release. But hey, it can't be a MOTU line without He-Man and Skeletor. So in one fashion or another they will return down the road. (and don't forget Battle Armor, Terror Claws, New Adeventures, 200X etc. Lot of good ways to keep these guys around without the words spin or blade.)

#2 User is offline   aaozz9 

• Battle Droid
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:03 PM

I need someone who goes to NY toyfair get me a skeletor figure ! please !!!!! #US1#

#3 User is offline   JohnnyRebelV2 

• Cobra Officer

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

This is not new news. Mattle has said before they will make He-Man and Skeletor avaliable again with different packaging or a repaint.

#4 User is offline   Jackknight92 

• Andorian

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if hundreds of Ebay scalpers suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced...

#5 User is offline   nevermore 

• Flock Member

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

Damn I really wanted a Skeletor but had to wait until I got paid.

#6 User is offline   azrael23 

• Snakeman

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

View PostJackknight92, on Jan 30 2009, 08:32 PM, said:

I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if hundreds of Ebay scalpers suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced...

@loll@ @loll@

#7 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

View PostJackknight92, on Jan 30 2009, 07:32 PM, said:

@loll@
Well that would have been great however Battle Armor He-Man is not the same as regular He-Man. @grumpy@

#8 User is offline   aaozz9 

• Battle Droid

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

I got my skeletor on ebay for $ 32.00 ! Not bad considering the other prices .....

#9 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

View PostJohnnyRebelV2, on Jan 30 2009, 10:01 PM, said:

This is not new news. Mattle has said before they will make He-Man and Skeletor avaliable again with different packaging or a repaint.

I commend them for addressing the issue, but as you say, this isn't news, and what they've announced isn't going to calm anyone down or convince too many people to go ahead and get on board with the line if they missed He-Man and Skeletor.

They should have given a time frame for the reappearance of He-Man and Skeletor, and they definitely shouldn't reference the variants like Battle Armor or Terror Claws as possible solutions. People want regular versions of He-Man and Skeletor, not the variants. Change the packaging, change the accessories, but give them the chance to get them each as they first appeared in the line with minimal/no changes to the paint ops.

#10 User is offline   Roderick 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

This is a bummer.

I was fortunate to order and receive He-Man and Skeletor, but lost out on King Greyskull due to not knowing he was available for purchase.

I think they should release another 10,000 or so figures and then stop. I would not purchase a re-painted King Greyskull or alternate accessories like a ball and chain for example versus the power sword.

So I feel SOL reading that press release from Mattel.

#11 User is offline   azrael23 

• Snakeman

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

I don't see them re-releasing King Greyskull especially in those numbers, limiting that character would definitely preserve his value.
But you never know, perhaps they will re-do him and put him on a normal card.

#12 User is offline   jdshift 

• Mouser

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

They already knew the demand would be there........should have increased the number released. I'll just have to wait for another chance which I hope is real soon for He-Man, and Skeletor.

#13 User is offline   MrBlisterfists 

• Frear of Natuke

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

This isn't new news.

but what is, is that 200X isn't off the table.

#14 User is offline   Eric 

• Zartan

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

View PostAlvatron, on Feb 1 2009, 01:28 AM, said:

This isn't new news.

but what is, is that 200X isn't off the table.

And that makes me happy.

For me, if I'd missed MOTUC He-Man/Skeletor, the next best thing would be a 200X-based variant, not Battle Armor or Terror Claws or something.

#15 User is offline   Roadpigmaster 

• Andorian

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Mattel is going to produce figures from the 90s line, the new adventures? sounds good to me!
I want He-Man and Skelletor from that line.

#16 User is offline   synch 

• Energon hunter

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

View Postazrael23, on Jan 31 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

I don't see them re-releasing King Greyskull especially in those numbers, limiting that character would definitely preserve his value.
But you never know, perhaps they will re-do him and put him on a normal card.

that is an exclusive its different

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us